The Student Room Group

Colour B4: The Buffer. HELP.

Hi guys, I used colour b4 extra strength last night on my hair dark red/brown/purple (weird) coloured hair that i've had for a year.

It did really work, I applied it and left it for an hour. Rinsed for 10 mins.. Applied the buffer and lathered it up for a minute and rinsed, then put some more buffer on and re-rinsed.

However, I checked the buffer bottle today and there's still loads left in there! I'm concerned as I want to re-dye it brown but I know buffering is very important.

Should I jump back in the shower and apply the whole bottle of buffer that I have left to be safe? Or will it be okay, because it was lathered up a lot for a minute.

Sidenote: Do you really have to wait a month before putting a permanent colour on? I don't wanna be ginger for a month and a semi permanent will end up with ginger roots.
Reply 1
The buffer is only there as a guide. If you needed the whole box of dye desperately, like you were panicing that there wasnt going to be enough then you should use the whole of the buffer:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You really should wait as long as they tell you - I held out for a week and dyed my hair red... It went back to being black, the colour I had removed. So seriously do wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
The rinsing with the buffer is the most important part, as that is what shrinks the dyed hair particles, and eventually removes the dye.
I think you can dye over hair that's used Colour B4 as my friend did so, however only semi-permanent otherwise it will turn Black with permanent dye.
Reply 4
This just happened me my hair has gone back black what can i do now help
Reply 5
Original post by username163092
You really should wait as long as they tell you - I held out for a week and dyed my hair red... It went back to being black, the colour I had removed. So seriously do wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this was 6 years ago but my hair has gone back black and patchy what can i do now
Wait for a couple of weeks before using a permanent colour , I made the same mistake I wanted to lighten my very dark brown hair so I used the colour remover , the following day I used a lighter shade of brown but the end result was my hair was as dark as it was before , since reading up about this online I find that I should off applied a semi permanent not a permanent and that before applying a permanent I should off waited at least 2 weeks for the hair molecules to shrink , I quess I found out the hard way 😮

Latest

Trending

Trending