The Student Room Group

OCR French A2 2013

Is anybody else on here sitting this paper June 14th?
How is everybody revising?
Reply 1
Yep, I'm sure nearly no one does OCR though, as the AQA paper is easier... I've done a few past papers, lots of practice essays, I think I'm gonna make topic vocab mind maps too. I'm scared about the reading, their answers are so specific!
Reply 2
Original post by rooosy
Yep, I'm sure nearly no one does OCR though, as the AQA paper is easier... I've done a few past papers, lots of practice essays, I think I'm gonna make topic vocab mind maps too. I'm scared about the reading, their answers are so specific!

I've heard the AQA paper is easy too and can find hardly anyone doing OCR! I've done some practise essays too, I'm still not sure what topic to pick for the writing though!
Reply 3
Hi, took the exam today. I thought that some parts of the reading were harder than usual. :frown: What did anyone else think?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lucyh120895
Hi, took the exam today. I thought that some parts of the reading were harder than usual. :frown: What did anyone else think?

Yeah I agree but I guess we can just hope the grade boundaries are lower :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the essay questions at the end were a bit weird. I was surprised how there was no literature or integration, but the OGM question was very good.
Reply 6
I thought the listening passage on integration of youths into society was just god awful. What the hell does 'bouger' mean in that context??

What essay did other people do?/What bits were the hardest for you?
Reply 7
Original post by borealis72
I thought the listening passage on integration of youths into society was just god awful. What the hell does 'bouger' mean in that context??

it said something along the lines of faire bouger les choses, which is literally to get things moving, can't remember exactly what it was referring to though
Reply 8
Original post by borealis72

I agree with you, the listening on that was so hard! It was also very fast. The bit where we had to fill in the blanks just before the essay was also hard! This was a hard paper but I just hope grade boundaries go down !!
Am i the only one who struggled with this exam?
I felt like such a failure :| even on the FIRST listening exercise i made mistakes, the youth part... dayum :L that was hard
Reply 10
Original post by fergalicious
Am i the only one who struggled with this exam?
I felt like such a failure :| even on the FIRST listening exercise i made mistakes, the youth part... dayum :L that was hard

i found the first listening harder than the second one cause I didn't know any vocabulary about cinemas... lol Section C was ok but reading was just horrible! (especially the translation)
How did people find the smaller synonym bits - gap fills, etc. ?
I thought some of the words were difficult to guess in the context of the sentence sometimes. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending