The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Textiles A level for fashion journalism at LCF?

I'm in year 10, and have recently decided I'd like to be a fashion journalist. I'd like to take the 3 year fashion journalism course at LCF but I'm stuck with what a levels I'd have to take!

I'm currently studying maths, English, triple science, Spanish, history and geography at gcse. I chose them because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and wanted to keep my options open. I'm predicted a-a* grades, and its too late to change my options.

For a levels I'm thinking of taking English language, media, and Spanish as it says that English, film studies and a foreign language are preferred subjects. Would this be ok, or would I have to take fashion and textiles to get in? I'd like to take it as I have always been creative, but would I be able to having not taken the gcse?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Chloe106
I'm in year 10, and have recently decided I'd like to be a fashion journalist. I'd like to take the 3 year fashion journalism course at LCF but I'm stuck with what a levels I'd have to take!

I'm currently studying maths, English, triple science, Spanish, history and geography at gcse. I chose them because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and wanted to keep my options open. I'm predicted a-a* grades, and its too late to change my options.

For a levels I'm thinking of taking English language, media, and Spanish as it says that English, film studies and a foreign language are preferred subjects. Would this be ok, or would I have to take fashion and textiles to get in? I'd like to take it as I have always been creative, but would I be able to having not taken the gcse?

I took media, history and psychology for A levels and got a place on the course. I don't think they're too bothered with what subjects you take so study whatever you feel like spending 2 years doing! Media would be a good subject anyway as they might ask you to bring a piece of work to the interview (like I was) so you can use a piece of your coursework :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending