The Student Room Group
Reply 1
merxx
I want to study 3d computer modelling and animation. I heard the best school is in bournemouth university . I have also seen bradford and hertfordshire offering same(about) classes...

Do you know any other universities that offer such classes?

Is bournemouth , hertfordshire or bradford any good ?

I am greek :smile:

dont all computer courses cover 3d computer modelling?
TheWolf
dont all computer courses cover 3d computer modelling?

That's what I thought too
Reply 3
merxx
I want to study 3d computer modelling and animation. I heard the best school is in bournemouth university . I have also seen bradford and hertfordshire offering same(about) classes...

Do you know any other universities that offer such classes?

Is bournemouth , hertfordshire or bradford any good ?

I am greek :smile:

bournemouth!?! Really...?

Well what are you predicted grades? Then people could suggest suitable courses.
Reply 4
portsmouth do 3D design...

:smile:
Reply 5
bournemouth without a doubt. 1 of the only WORLD renowned courses based in this country. that's why the national centre for computer animation is based there
Reply 6
Hmmm I don't think grades have anything to do with...they are good anyway... bournemouth's media ncca top head is greek and I have directly spoken to him and I told him I will send him a portfolio. My portfolio is awesome for their course as my portfolio will be better than most of their final projects. I have 2 more universities to add in my ucas form... thats why I ask... I am mostly want to go to bournemouth but why not adding 2 more unis... I have seen bradford having a good course... do anyone of you know any else university ? My brother is also applying to bournemouth interactive media production.. he is into video editing/compositing.. anyone knows any good school for that ?

And I don't want to go into any computer school that will do simple 3d modelling... I want the course to be based on 3d modelling animation rendering... like bournemouths...

thanx :smile:
Reply 7
bumpity bump... I am sending tomorrow my ucas so any suggestion would be extremely helpful :smile: thanx
Reply 8
"my portfolio will be better than most of their final projects" don't go into the course thinking that mate, the standard is very high.

they base your offer on how you do at the interview day...they'll look at your portfolio, drawing skills (you have to draw naked people) and you'll have to do a maths test
Reply 9
-the standard is very high.

I really hope so , because I have seen ncca MA students work and I beat them anytime :smile: How hard is the maths test ? What does include? Are you in bournemouth ? Do you know any other universities comparable to bournemouth ?

Thanx :smile:
Reply 10
merxx
-the standard is very high.

I really hope so , because I have seen ncca MA students work and I beat them anytime :smile: How hard is the maths test ? What does include? Are you in bournemouth ? Do you know any other universities comparable to bournemouth ?

the MA people didnt necessarily do the BA in animation. most of them didnt do an animation-related degree at all, so they will have only been doing it for about 6 months when you saw their work. the 3rd year BA projects are very good, however.

i dont know what the maths test was like. from what I understand they take in maths/computer type people and arty type people...you don't have to be both. quite a lot of maths is covered in the course, it is mainly things like vectors...there's also a lot of computer-science stuff.
Reply 11

I said MA because I though they would be higher-level. Also BA are good but ILM or FRAMESTORE wouldn't pick more than 4 people judging from their videos... this is how I see it anyway... To tell the truth I am not going there to learn , how to model/animate/render but only for the degree , I already have high-level knowledge on these things. So does anyone else knows any other universities ? Any info on bradford or hertfordshire ?

Thanks again :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending