Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for:

1 - questions..
    If you have any questions about content or anything at all, ask away I will be more than happy to help, if you feel like your under pressure just relax, take a breath and come to me, think of me as your free online tutor..

2 - everyone to share revision tips..
    Share your last minute revision tips with everyone, help someone else out, answer a question if it unanswered.

I may take a while to reply but I will try my best to reply as question as I can.

Good luck guys!
    Check out my other thread for similar exams next week.

ReputationRep:
    What's your predicted 12 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzanna5678)
    What's your predicted 12 mark questions?
    I will post it up after going through the past papers and speaking to examiners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctordee)
    I will post it up after going through the past papers and speaking to examiners.
    you speak to examiners what do they even tell you?

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me it might be obedience I will cry with joy

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me it might be obedience I will cry with joy
    Haha no idea, I will start looking as soon as I have done some Biology predictions.

ReputationRep:
    Haha no idea, I will start looking as soon as I have done some Biology predictions.
    Do you have a forum for biology? If so what's the link

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a forum for biology? If so what's the link
    Yes, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...620&p=42878967

ReputationRep:
    heyyy it will be sooo good if u could help us!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys, really busy at the moment, trying to answer all questions.
    I won't be free today to reply to anyone but I will be free tomorrow to help anyone and answer any topic related questions.
    So I will be free for Saturday and the day before the exam.
    Other than that I won't.
    Please do not inbox me requests, I would rather they were displayed on the thread as it takes a long time for me to reply personally and repeat it for everyone when I could say it here and help 5 people at once.

Remember, thumbs up if you'd like me to do a prediction paper or do prediction topics.
    I will get it up a day before the exam at latest if a lot of people want me to do it.

I will not be much use on other threads, if you need me come to this thread as I made this one and it is a lot calmer than the others. Easier to see things too.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions as of yet?
    Really hoping that its not for the psychodynamic approach - can't get my head around it any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goosegogs)
    Any predictions as of yet?
    Really hoping that its not for the psychodynamic approach - can't get my head around it any advice?
    Split it up like get an A4 bit of paper and put A01 on one side and A02 on the other and for a01 write the definitions of Id ego superego and how there's conflict between them, mention that material from the unconscious can push through into the conscious and cause problems and last write a couple of notes about how the conflicts can arise from childhood as the ego is underdeveloped

then the other side of the paper for A02 write a couple of notes on how it's based on abstract concepts and gender biased. These are notes that I just have on my phone I'll copy and paste..
    Psychodynamic:
    Conflict between Id ego nd superego
    I'd irrational part
    Ego rational consequences
    Superego moral part
    Conflict is experienced unconsciously and remains repressed in unconscious mind but has ability to enter conscious mind nd cause problems

Many factors part of mental disorders are due to childhood experiences. As the ego's function is to balance the needs between the superego nd Id when young it is underdeveloped and has difficulty dealing with conflict. Problems arise and can be repressed in the unconscious mind which is where many mental disorders originate from
    Unconscious mind depressing material painful emotional experiences which can cause probs.

Abstract concepts
    Difficult to test and research as behaviour is motivated at an unconscious level. Much of evidence comes from case studies limited empirical support

Gender biased- frauds theory from end of 19 century when society was dominated by males. The Oedipus complex explains the development of the superego cannot be applied to females making explanation Androcentric

Lack of research evidence - difficult to approve of disapprove theory

ReputationRep:
    HEY! I've been looking everywhere! I Wonder if anyone has Psychology Unit 2 paper for January 2013? The latest one? I want to know what question came up! So I can make some predictions D: anyone?~ thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is this thread for edxcel or AQA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officialcatface)
    HEY! I've been looking everywhere! I Wonder if anyone has Psychology Unit 2 paper for January 2013? The latest one? I want to know what question came up! So I can make some predictions D: anyone?~ thanks!
    Hope this worked
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf PSYA2 Jan 2013 Question Paper.pdf (207.9 KB, 495 views)
  2. File Type: pdf PSYA2 Jan 2013 Mark Scheme.pdf (223.9 KB, 191 views)

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to do a predicted paper doctordee??

ReputationRep:
    heyyyy i reli neeed notessss anyone plz

ReputationRep:
    Doctordee we really want that predicted paper

ReputationRep:
    Don't really understand why people are thinking the psychodynamic approach is likely to come up? It came up in January 2011..

ReputationRep:
    Jan 2013- Outline the behavioural approach
    June 2012 - Outline Research into conformity
    Jan 2012- Discuss two or more methods of stress management
    Jun 2011- Outline and evaluate independent behaviour
    Jan 2011 – Evaluate the psychodynamic approach to abnormality.
    Jun 2010 – Outline and evaluate research into the relationship between the immune system and stress-related illness.
    Jan 2010 - Discuss two or more definitions of abnormality.
    Jun 2009 – discus one or more psychological methods of stress management
    Jan 2009 - Evaluation of the biological approach to psychopathology

Heres a list of past 12 markers that someone kindly sent me, if anyone might find useful Biological psychology (stress) hasn't had a 12 marker in ages (2011) It is possible, as many people are saying, that life changes and daily hassles may come up as a 12 marker. Obedience hasn't come up, but we had conformity in 2012, so idk about that. Its possible :P But anyway I'd rather know what topics are likely to come up rather than the 12 marker because I think the worst you can do on a 12 marker is 8 marks, if you know your stuff. But then again I got 8/12 unit 1 and was 4 marks away from an A
    aha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2013

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.