AQA Sociology, Global Development, 5 June

Watch
TaliTalulla
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello!

So is anyone else doing their Global Development A2 next week? If so, what questions do you think might come up? What ways have you been revising?

It's killing me. I can't find the motivation to study as much as I should be - the amount of information is suffocating. I looked at last year's past paper and holding out on the hope that aid and gender won't come up!
risteard
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't teach that one.....rest assured however it is marked more leniently than other modules as so few of the examiners have actually taught it.....
BeckaV
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TaliTalulla)
Hello!

So is anyone else doing their Global Development A2 next week? If so, what questions do you think might come up? What ways have you been revising?

It's killing me. I can't find the motivation to study as much as I should be - the amount of information is suffocating. I looked at last year's past paper and holding out on the hope that aid and gender won't come up!
I'm doing it too! Quite hard to tell what might come up. Any idea what was in Jan's paper? May be malthusian? Globalisation hasn't popped up in a while.

I know same, i've lost all motivation. Couldn't find any revision guides either and i hate the textbooks so i'm struggling to understand it properly!
risteard
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've got the January 2013 paper. If you want it then inbox me your email. There is a lot of content on this unit but trust me, it is marked more leniently...best wishes
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
(Original post by risteard)
I don't teach that one.....rest assured however it is marked more leniently than other modules as so few of the examiners have actually taught it.....
Comforting. VERY comforting..
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeckaV)
I'm doing it too! Quite hard to tell what might come up. Any idea what was in Jan's paper? May be malthusian? Globalisation hasn't popped up in a while.

I know same, i've lost all motivation. Couldn't find any revision guides either and i hate the textbooks so i'm struggling to understand it properly!
My friend, I have the perfect revision guide for you. I don't know if it was my teacher who made it or not but it is really good and you may find it helpful. I'll also copy and paste a list of the things that have came up since 2010;

"June 2012 à

• TNC – 9
  • Foreign Aid - 18
  • Theories/Environment – 33

January 2012 à

• Birth rate fall – 9
  • War and conflict – 18
  • Urbanisation/Gender – 33

June 2011 à

• Education – 9
  • Western education models – 18
  • NGO’s/IGO’s + Neo-Liberalism – 33

January 2011 à

• Development and culture – 9
  • Rich countries – 18
  • Trade & Aid/Malthusian/NM – 33

June 2010 à

• Dependency criticisms – 9
  • Development/Environment – 18
  • Urbanisation/TNC’s – 33

January 2010 à

• NGO’s – 9
  • Aid – 18
  • Globalisation/Modernization Theory"

I made a brief draft of it all on Word, so sorry that it's a tad messy! I'll inbox you that revision guide. (If I can work this bloody website fully)
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
I've got the January 2013 paper. If you want it then inbox me your email. There is a lot of content on this unit but trust me, it is marked more leniently...best wishes
Thank you! But I've looked at all the past papers from the past few years and the examiners reports/mark schemes. Did you sit the January 2013 one?
risteard
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TaliTalulla)
Comforting. VERY comforting..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that sarcasm? Im giving you the benefit of my experience is all. I also offered to send the papers.
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that sarcasm? Im giving you the benefit of my experience is all. I also offered to send the papers.
Don't take offense so easily, I was merely suggesting that because it is such a difficult paper, that nothing can comfort me until it's over. Anyway, I expressed my appreciation at the offer.
risteard
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry. long day :0) Best wishes with your exam!
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
Sorry. long day :0) Best wishes with your exam!
Ah, I understand. And thank you.
ASteph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
I found it to be better than I first expected but after letting it sit for a while, I don't think I've done so well after all.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ASteph
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah that's the same with me, I thought I did amazing on my crime and deviance exam and I only got a B, (one mark off an A though) in comparison I'm a bit worried haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TaliTalulla
Rep:
?
Well bloody done. I was two marks off a B in C&D. What question did you do on global development?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ASteph
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks, it's just a bit worrying when you need an A overall you know?
Remind me of the questions, it's really bad but after an exam my mind rejects everything I just wrote down from my mind. Lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lewisdavis97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I know this thread was almost two years ago but nothing has changed! There are still ZERO revision resources online and no decent textbooks out there to help me revise. Does anyone maybe still have any of their stuff they used for the (ghastly) global development exam I'd be really thankful!
EmilyBro19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same boat! trying to revise Global development and Globalisation but the text book is just too dense! I got given a revision guide by my tutor that he'd made and its equally as dense - both also have different topics scattered here and there, I don't know, apart from the basic theories of development, what to actually revise. Freaking out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.82%
No (313)
70.18%

Watched Threads