The Student Room Group

what time do you wake up and sleep?

Just wondering what time people wake up and sleep on an average day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
On college days I go to sleep at about 11 PM -1 AM and wake up at 7 AM. So that's about 6-8 hours sleep.
Reply 2
I get sleepy from 8:30-10:00 and sleep, usually, between 9:30-10:30.

Wake by 6:00 but as it gets towards summer I wake with the sun so now around 4-5ish
Reply 3
I've long been fascinated by other people's sleeping and waking habits; mainly posting to watch the thread.

My waking and sleeping times are generally very fluid. I don't think I've had two days in a row where I've gone to sleep or got up around the same time (to a margin of, say, an hour and a half) in at least a week. I think it's generally because I find it difficult to fall asleep, which is horribly dull, so I tend to avoid going to bed unless I absolutely feel the need to.

Last night I went to bed about 11:30pm, and was woken by my other half's alarm at 6:30am. Couldn't seem to sleep again after that and I finally got up at about 8am.

It's midnight now and I'm going to go to bed within the next 30 mins, so I guess this might count as my first set of nights with me going to sleep around the same time (very, very roughly)!
Sleep at 12am, alarm goes off for 8am, I oversleep and wake up at 1pm. Happens every single ****ing day.
Reply 5
On an average day,
Sleep at about 10.30pm
Wake up at 6.30am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
At the moment sleep 12 ish wake up 10 ish.
6form time- sleep 12 ish wake 7 ish :/ I know I know.
Weekends sametime or later if party, wakeup around 10 isn
Reply 7
at the moment usually about 6am to 3pm. Too many allnighters for final deadlines really mucked up my sleep patterns :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Minz
On an average day,
Sleep at about 10.30pm
Wake up at 6.30am

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 11:15.
Today isn't average :wink:
Normally, I'll go to bed at about 2am and wake up at 9am-ish.
However, I've just spent a few days with the boyfriend who goes to bed a lot later than I do so the past few days it's been more like 5am-1pm..
Reply 10
Sleep? What is sleep?
On a normal weeknight before college i'll sleep at 11pm-12am, waking up at 7am.

Without college, my sleep patterns turn to ****. 3am-3pm.
Reply 12
Original post by Seble
It's 11:15.
Today isn't average :wink:

:tongue: its half term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Vixen47
Sleep at 12am, alarm goes off for 8am, I oversleep and wake up at 1pm. Happens every single ****ing day.

I have been the same every day this half term :rolleyes: On exam days I set about 10 alarms for fear of oversleeping!
Usually in bed by 10:45/11:45 and get up @ 6:45 so 7/8 hrs sleep!
Holidays is another story- go to sleep @ any time between 1-4am and wake up @ 12-2pm :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha looool ,
go to sleep at 1 and wake at 6:3-8(on half terms)
Go to bed around 12am and get up around 9-9.30am.
Reply 17
11-7:30 when I need to be up at that time. In reality end up not falling asleep until 12 :frown:
Reply 18
School 12am-1am, Wake up at 8am
Weekend 2am - 4am, Wake up at 2pm
Reply 19
Sleep: 2am
Wake up: 8am

But when I finish my exams it's probably going to be more like..
Sleep:2am Wake up:1am the next day haha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply