The Student Room Group

OCR June 5th Physics G492 Help

Hi guys, I'm sitting this exam on Wednesday, I was wondering what you are all doing to prepare for the pre-release article in section C of the exam. I was also wondering if anyone has some useful tips for learning those pesky SUVAT equations. Thanks for any help or advice :-)
Reply 1
Original post by Mikey Bun 179
Hi guys, I'm sitting this exam on Wednesday, I was wondering what you are all doing to prepare for the pre-release article in section C of the exam. I was also wondering if anyone has some useful tips for learning those pesky SUVAT equations. Thanks for any help or advice :-)

i think theres already a thread for this exam, could come up if you search G492 which has a few ideas about section C, and when i had to learn SUVAT for M1 I set a picture of them as my lock screen/wallpaper on my phone, but s=ut+1/2at^2, v=u+at and V^2=u^2+2as are given in the formula sheet!
Reply 2
Sorry about that, I only started using this yesterday :/ I'll check that out...Thanks for your advice :-)
I have them up on my wall and memorize them by reading them 3 or 4 times a day.

Another useful thing I found was subbing in different SUVAT equations to make the others.

e.g v= u +at and v^2 = u^2 + 2as

So (u + at)^2 = u^2 + 2as

u^2 + 2uat + (at)^2 =u^2 +2as (cancel out u^2)

2uat +a^2t^2 = 2as (cancel the a)

2ut + at^2 = 2S (divide by 2)

ut +1/2at^2 =s

S = ut + 1/2at^2

Hope that makes sense !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending