The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are you against gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Godsboy007
Mate it's your choice to do what you want. If you believe that you don't have to follow this "Bronze age fan fic" it's your choice.

that wasn't what I asked. why should gay people have their rights restricted by a belief system they don't share?
Reply 81
As Skip-Snip rudely pointed out the Bible(which Christians use) states that such acts committed among st men is evil. It even compares the act to having sex with animals.(Compares the level of immorality)

But why is it down to you to stop people from doing as they please?

Mate it's your choice to do what you want. If you believe that you don't have to follow this "Bronze age fan fic" it's your choice.

So do you post on forums, demanding that shell fish eaters be stopped, and that the selling of them should be halted? If not, you're a hypocrite :smile:
Original post by lucaf
that wasn't what I asked. why should gay people have their rights restricted by a belief system they don't share?

What rights? I propose that if they want rights they should go to a country where their "rights" is not restricted by a dominant belief system.Try France:smile:
Guys, the thread (I hope) isn't made for you guys to bash people who are against gay marriage, it's for those who are to give their reasons whether you agree with them or not. There will never be a moment in time where everyone in the world agrees with one thing, everybody has a different opinion and we should respect the fact we are entitled to have one? Godsboy007 isn't actually physically doing anything to prevent gay marriage, he's voicing his opinion such is the aim of the thread?

Nobody said you have to agree with him, and there is honestly no right or wrong answer to any of this, it's all subjective? And anyway gay marriage is already allowed in parts of the world, why do people care if there are still people against it? That's not what we should be caring about, it's whether people act upon those thoughts or not. Only then does it truly become an issue.
Original post by SyOnGuitar
Guys, the thread (I hope) isn't made for you guys to bash people who are against gay marriage, it's for those who are to give their reasons whether you agree with them or not. There will never be a moment in time where everyone in the world agrees with one thing, everybody has a different opinion and we should respect the fact we are entitled to have one? Godsboy007 isn't actually physically doing anything to prevent gay marriage, he's voicing his opinion such is the aim of the thread?

Nobody said you have to agree with him, and there is honestly no right or wrong answer to any of this, it's all subjective? And anyway gay marriage is already allowed in parts of the world, why do people care if there are still people against it? That's not what we should be caring about, it's whether people act upon those thoughts or not. Only then does it truly become an issue.

Guitar man Thank you. Than you for making these people realize what I have been doing for the past hour.
Reply 85
What rights? I propose that if they want rights they should go to a country where their "rights" is not restricted by a dominant belief system.Try France:smile:

not nearly as dominant as you would like to think.
Original post by flyylikejetz
I think that is a rare case or perhaps you don't know the full story (not saying obviously that i do) but people are good at hiding their feelings. I'm not quite sure how its "irrelevant" given the title of the thread.

Because this thread is about marriage and not children. There is a thread specifically about homosexual parenting for this discussion.

The term is a secular country and the vast majority of western countries, including the UK, define themselves as one.

Why would I go to France when I'm already a part of a secular state?
Your belief system means only that your church should not perform gay marriages if they do not wish to, nothing else.
Yes. But the problem for homosexuals is that they can't marry here. Doesn't that mean that their "rights" are still being restricted(even though it is not by a belief system)
Yes. But the problem for homosexuals is that they can't marry here. Doesn't that mean that their "rights" are still being restricted(even though it is not by a belief system)

And there is currently a bill being debated to change that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
And there is currently a bill being debated to change that

Posted from TSR Mobile

This bill hasn't been made law yet. Hold you horses

Was this supposed to be for me? Please quote people you're responding to.
A bill is being debated to change this, and until and during this the main argument was from the church.
(edited 10 years ago)

Yes. Exactly why its being changed. What's your point?

That's why I said 'currently being debated'. As in, not passed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95

yes, that is exactly the problem. we are working on fixing that.

Note the word 'debated'.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Was this supposed to be for me? Please quote people you're responding to.
A bill has been put through to change this, and until and during this the main argument was from the church.

And so what about it?
Reply 98
I was born straight. Becoming homosexual would be a choice

Do you have any evidence for that? What causes everyone to be born straight?
Reply 99
Marriage is under the "sight" of god. Without trying to sound like a homophobe, the bible and many other religious books are clearly against homosexuality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending