The Student Room Group

Revising by listening to recordings?

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has tried recording themselves saying key points and then listening to them before bed or whilst sleeping, i was wondering if this would be a good form of revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can't say that i've ever tried it or even thought about it but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm more of a visual learner though so it might not work for me. What I have noticed is that when I repeat something to myself again and again before I go to sleep I wake up remembering it which is weird but useful. Hmm I might actually try it though even though I hate the sound of my voice on recordings haha
Reply 2
I did it for english to remember my quotes and geography for my figures. It worked for me because I did it while on my morning jog so It wasnt a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've tried doing this but I ended up cringing at my voice and how childish I sounded ahah
Reply 4
I have i did find it that effect but it was good for when i couldn't be bothered to do anything else. You can also download podcast if you dont link the sound of your own voice.
I don't like the sound of my voice either but I read aloud key points until I remember them :smile:
I did it to memorise as English essay I wrote the day before an exam (risky because it may not have appeared but it did!)
I was listening to it in the car because I don't like reading in the car but otherwise tbh it didn't help - I was listening to it before bed but don't think it helped me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
hmm i guess ill leave it,thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
if you dont like the sound of your voice, write out a script and ask someone else to read it out, then record their voice
Reply 9
It is better than doing nothing (e.g. listen in the car or at points where you can't revise properly), but I always found writing to be the most effective form of revision.

Quick Reply

Latest