21.88%
Suffragettes (24)
75%
Home Front (1)
3.13%
Thebeast97
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Vote on the poll
chatty
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Its a shame more people haven't voted on the poll.
Thebeast97
Rep:
Seriously don't anyone have a hutch what it could be? Is there any point in me revising the Home Front??? Please get your friends to vote on this
the1akshay
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Thebeast97)
Seriously don't anyone have a hutch what it could be? Is there any point in me revising the Home Front??? Please get your friends to vote on this
Likelihood of it being the Home Front is very low right now. However, as the Examiners' Report states, "At the risk of stating the obvious, centres may wish to remind candidates that it is very unwise to prepare only for one topic as the paper could be on any topic in any given session."
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
If you don't revise Home Front and it comes up, you're screwed. Yes, it probably won't come up but is it worth the risk?
rida1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm guessing it will be suffragettes, because it'll be Emily Davidson's 100 year death anniversary
AparnaX
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I think you should revise the Home Front because its too much of a risk not to.
Thebeast97
Rep:
I texted 118 118 and they were very confident that it would be Social Reforms . Try texting them yourselves to see if u get the same response
Thebeast97
Rep:
Jan 10 - Home Front
Jun 10 - Suffragettes
Jan 11 - Suffragettes
Jun 11 - Home Front
Jan 12 - Suffragettes
Jun 12 - Liberal Reforms
Jan 13 - Home Front
Blake-inator
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Jan 10 - Home Front
Jun 10 - Suffragettes
Jan 11 - Suffragettes
Jun 11 - Home Front
Jan 12 - Suffragettes
Jun 12 - Liberal Reforms
Jan 13 - Home Front
so surely we can assume that it is most likely to be Liberal Reforms, because they have only appeared once, whereas the others have appeared 3 times, and clearly the exam board have no trouble repeating topics?
venkaj
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Blake-inator)
so surely we can assume that it is most likely to be Liberal Reforms, because they have only appeared once, whereas the others have appeared 3 times, and clearly the exam board have no trouble repeating topics?
But also votes for women hasnt come up in June since 2010
mizzy96
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
June 2010 was NOT suffragettes, it was Liberal Reforms, I have the paper here in front of me...
Blake-inator
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by venkaj)
But also votes for women hasnt come up in June since 2010
According to this person (and my brother who sat it) it came up in June 2012
oh **** sorry was talking about Liberal Reforms
Blake-inator
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
either way i hope women comes up, its the most interesting and easiest imo
AparnaX
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mizzy96)
June 2010 was NOT suffragettes, it was Liberal Reforms, I have the paper here in front of me...

I think its because there were 2 papers for june 2010. One was the old spec legacy paper: suffragettes. And the other was the new spec: liberal reforms.
mizzy96
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Guys what was the "mood" of the British people on the Paris Peace Conference, we didn't learn about it... someone help please, I'm freaking out here D:
mizzy96
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AparnaX)
I think its because there were 2 papers for june 2010. One was the old spec legacy paper: suffragettes. And the other was the new spec: liberal reforms.
Oh but we're doing the new spec, right?
AparnaX
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mizzy96)
Oh but we're doing the new spec, right?
Yep although the old spec is very similar so you can practise past papers from the old spec for revision.
mizzy96
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Can someone please explain the Suffragettes on the lion source to me, I don't get it. And I can't find the mark scheme for 2007 online, either...
jay_em
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rida1997)
I'm guessing it will be suffragettes, because it'll be Emily Davidson's 100 year death anniversary
Hadn't thought of that. Not sure if that would sway the examiners' decision on whether to use it or not- the fact that it's been in the news a fair bit might though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.94%
The paper was reasonable (190)
48.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (98)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.03%

Watched Threads