Harrods 2013 temporary summer job Watch

staraz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys!

So I was just wondering if you can tell me what to wear for the assessment center interview.. because I saw the dress code and its basically wear something that a harrods employee would wear, so I'm just wondering what you guys wore for it? And also what kind of questions would they ask?

Thank you!
kittensandtea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there, I got through my assessment centre and I wore a black shift dress, a black cardigan, a scarf and a pair of black heels. Just try to dress as closely as their actual employees would.
The assessment centre had three main parts. 1. a presentation about Harrods recruitment, 2. an ice breaker where everyone says a little bit about themselves - here is your chance to show what your skills and experiences are, but keep it short (30 secs -1 min max!), and 3. a group exercise.
The whole thing was finished within an hour, an there's no one-to-one interview to it. Just prepare some of the general questions about your skills and achievements for the introduction part.
Don't stress out too much, appear sociable, well spoken and well presented and you'll do fine! Good luck.
staraz
Rep:
?
(Original post by kittensandtea)
Hi there, I got through my assessment centre and I wore a black shift dress, a black cardigan, a scarf and a pair of black heels. Just try to dress as closely as their actual employees would.
The assessment centre had three main parts. 1. a presentation about Harrods recruitment, 2. an ice breaker where everyone says a little bit about themselves - here is your chance to show what your skills and experiences are, but keep it short (30 secs -1 min max!), and 3. a group exercise.
The whole thing was finished within an hour, an there's no one-to-one interview to it. Just prepare some of the general questions about your skills and achievements for the introduction part.
Don't stress out too much, appear sociable, well spoken and well presented and you'll do fine! Good luck.
Thank you so much! You have really helped me! How can i answer : why do you want to work for harrods?
kittensandtea
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Glad to help!
Usually the best way to approach that is to do some background research on the company values and explain how those made you want to get involved. The Harrods website has a good section on their aims and goals, and you can use that as inspiration for your answer. Formulate something in your own words though, you don't want to sound like you're reciting something I reckon it's best to pick something about Harrods you really like, because then you can be genuinely passionate about it.
staraz
Rep:
?
Glad to help!
Usually the best way to approach that is to do some background research on the company values and explain how those made you want to get involved. The Harrods website has a good section on their aims and goals, and you can use that as inspiration for your answer. Formulate something in your own words though, you don't want to sound like you're reciting something I reckon it's best to pick something about Harrods you really like, because then you can be genuinely passionate about it.
I was thinking of doing that, okay I shall what kind of products did they make you sell?
kittensandtea
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We didn't have to sell any products, the group task was to pick items to buy for a themed party with a set budget. Although it's best to be prepared for anything, you never know.
staraz
Rep:
?
We didn't have to sell any products, the group task was to pick items to buy for a themed party with a set budget. Although it's best to be prepared for anything, you never know.
okay that doesn't sound too bad! did you have to go to a one to one interview afterwards?
kittensandtea
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, nothing of that sort. After the group exercise there were a few minutes for questions, then we handed in our forms (you are given one on arrival), CVs and photos, and that was it.
pixieorange
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, there. when is your assessment centre? I just finished my telephone interview and been invited to the AC. But there were only two slots left on next monday. I'm worried there will be no placement left then...
staraz
Rep:
?
(Original post by pixieorange)
Hi, there. when is your assessment centre? I just finished my telephone interview and been invited to the AC. But there were only two slots left on next monday. I'm worried there will be no placement left then...
hey there! My one is on friday! eeek :/ i think there will be maybe call them and see if they have anything sooner? like on friday!
staraz
Rep:
?
No, nothing of that sort. After the group exercise there were a few minutes for questions, then we handed in our forms (you are given one on arrival), CVs and photos, and that was it.
that sounds okay okay I'm being soo annoying but last question I promise.. what was the form about?

Thank you so much btw!
fa56
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi all my interview is this week friday as well i am so nervous, just doing my research. just wondering if its ok to wear a white shirt that has got blue stripes :/ if not hv to wear a white or black plain shirt.
what documents do u need bring? passport photo n cv right? what abu ur copy of ur passport??
thanks
pixieorange
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by staraz)
hey there! My one is on friday! eeek :/ i think there will be maybe call them and see if they have anything sooner? like on friday!
Wish you all good luck! I've already booked the monday one. I guess maybe I need some luck to get a job...BTW, do you know which department are going to work at?
destined1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just booked a telephone interview does anyone know what questions they may ask
pixieorange
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by destined1)
I just booked a telephone interview does anyone know what questions they may ask
It was very quick, less than 5miutes, about your availability and why do you want to work there, what language do you speak. Then next stage. But when I had it yesterday HR told me it was nearly the end of the recruitment process so maybe not many roles left.
fa56
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pixieorange)
It was very quick, less than 5miutes, about your availability and why do you want to work there, what language do you speak. Then next stage. But when I had it yesterday HR told me it was nearly the end of the recruitment process so maybe not many roles left.

hey has anyone had their proper interview at harrods? group interview. what questions did they ask how was it? how long does it take? will there be any other one to one interview with the hr advisers? and also what u think would be best to wear?

thanks all.
staraz
Rep:
?
(Original post by destined1)
What languages do you speak, are you available from.. to ... urm then she starts asking your questions about why you want to work at harrods, what is great customer service, when has a customer trusted you etc etc she basically follows your answer with a question
staraz
Rep:
?
(Original post by fa56)
hi all my interview is this week friday as well i am so nervous, just doing my research. just wondering if its ok to wear a white shirt that has got blue stripes :/ if not hv to wear a white or black plain shirt.
what documents do u need bring? passport photo n cv right? what abu ur copy of ur passport??
thanks
OMG! i have mine toooo this friday! what time do you have it?

Basically go on the website where you booked it from and then there is a like a style guide (basically all black, black heels or flats) you need to bring cv passport photo im gonna bring my passport just in case!
Do you have a black dress?
Seeb786
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its actually a really easy assessment. I had mine around two weeks ago and I was so surprised at how easy it was. I wore a grey suit red tie and red braces the interviewer was impressed. They ask you to go to the front introduce yourself and answer the questions they put on the board the following questions were, if you had a thousand pound gift voucher what would you buy from Harrods? what your friends say about you? your highlight of the past twelve months? and what you would bring to Harrods? After that she introduced a scenario of a lady throwing a party and basically you have 500 pounds to get products that is suitable for her party. You already have the list of things but you have to pick some not all of them. So basically everyone asks questions to get to know what the party is about e.g what age group the party will be, would it be alcoholic or non, where it will be held and so on. Then you individually choose suitable products and then you get put into groups and you all discuss and agree on the products within 500 pounds. After that one of the group members stands up and explains why they chose this product and so on. That was it. Finished go home lol.
fa56
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by staraz)
OMG! i have mine toooo this friday! what time do you have it?

Basically go on the website where you booked it from and then there is a like a style guide (basically all black, black heels or flats) you need to bring cv passport photo im gonna bring my passport just in case!
Do you have a black dress?
Hey mine is from 3 to 4. No dont have a black dress.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (162)
74.31%
Jeremy Hunt (56)
25.69%

Watched Threads