The Student Room Group

A Level Help

Currently I'm finishing off my last couple of GCSE examinations. After these, I will be waiting for my results that I will then use to switch schools. My current school doesn't do the same exam boards as the school that I'm moving to. Therefore, I have had no advice available to me on what I should do.

I am going to be doing Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Politics for my A Levels and they will all be under the CCEA examination boards.

If anyone has set any of these subjects with CCEA before it would be a great help if you could tell me what is best to do for preparation, such as which books to get.

For any help that is given, thank you so much.
Reply 1
For Biology we used Advanced Biology for You (Gareth Williams), it's good to an extent but your teacher should supplement you with further notes as CCEA have only just issued their AS Biology textbook this past year, they haven't yet got one for A2 which is a nuisance :frown: I was told the other day but that CCEA do revision guides for each of the units, which are basically like textbooks in themselves. Hope this helps a bit :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much, do you think the AS booklet for Biology is worth £25? I'm thinking about buying it and going over it in the Summer.
Save yourself dont do Biology. Im doing Maths Chemistry(both are great) and Biology(horrible) at the moment
Reply 4
The Advanced Biology book covers a range of specifications eg OCR and CCEA etc so its not exactly specific to what you'll cover. My teachers notes were far better at AS, I would go for the CCEA revision guides instead.

Biology is great if you're prepared to work and like ecology, since 3 of the 4 units contain a hefty ecology section :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by com_1995
The Advanced Biology book covers a range of specifications eg OCR and CCEA etc so its not exactly specific to what you'll cover. My teachers notes were far better at AS, I would go for the CCEA revision guides instead.

Biology is great if you're prepared to work and like ecology, since 3 of the 4 units contain a hefty ecology section :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!
Reply 6
You're welcome :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending