The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Grizedale College: Applicants 2013/14!

Hey so I thought I'd make a thread for anyone applying to Grizedale at Lancaster Uni for 2013/14 accademic year. :wink:

When I get the e-mail to apply I will be firming Grizedale and insuring either Furness or County :smile:

Anyways if you can list the following that'd be great :biggrin:.

Course: MSci Computer Science
Offer: DDD (Extended Diploma BTEC)
Sex: Female

Will be looking forwards to meeting any fellow 'Grizedalians' (LOL) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ello ello!
This thread was a nice idea :smile:
I'll be firming Grizedale superior ensuite and putting furness down as my insurance

Course: Media and Culture
Offer: ABB, but I was allowed in with ABC and am on a gap year
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sockhead
Ello ello!
This thread was a nice idea :smile:
I'll be firming Grizedale superior ensuite and putting furness down as my insurance

Offer: ABB, but I was allowed in with ABC and am on a gap year

Haha I know I thought'd it'd be nice to try and meet some people on here who definitely will be firming. Im also going to firm for superior en-suite. No way am i sharing a bathroom (idk how ill cope when i get a house share in the second year but i'll live :wink:! How are you funding yourself for food etc? Will you have a job or are you using the grants and loans? I'll hopefully have a transfer sorted out.

Well at least you have your unconditional offer less worry. But i already know my grades since I'm doing a BTEC course so its kind of the same :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Tish
Haha I know I thought'd it'd be nice to try and meet some people on here who definitely will be firming. Im also going to firm for superior en-suite. No way am i sharing a bathroom (idk how ill cope when i get a house share in the second year but i'll live :wink:! How are you funding yourself for food etc? Will you have a job or are you using the grants and loans? I'll hopefully have a transfer sorted out.

Well at least you have your unconditional offer less worry. But i already know my grades since I'm doing a BTEC course so its kind of the same :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh jees I know! I struggled enough on my year 6 residential haha :smile: I'm working at the moment but struggling to find shifts :frown: I have £1220 saved up so far so i'll be using that for the first few months I suppose. My parents are also going to be helping out with accommodation fees. I have a feeling I won't be spending much on food anyway, since I have many recipes from mum which use hardly anything :P I'm planning on getting a job over there somewhere though since there is no nearby Waitrose that I could transfer to :frown:

Great! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sockhead
Oh jees I know! I struggled enough on my year 6 residential haha :smile: I'm working at the moment but struggling to find shifts :frown: I have £1220 saved up so far so i'll be using that for the first few months I suppose. My parents are also going to be helping out with accommodation fees. I have a feeling I won't be spending much on food anyway, since I have many recipes from mum which use hardly anything :P I'm planning on getting a job over there somewhere though since there is no nearby Waitrose that I could transfer to :frown:

Great! :smile:

I want to quit work i am sick and tired of these overnights (basically the shifts i've been doing for the past 8 months LOL :frown:). I can't wait to get a transfer (hopefully it happens), then I wont hopefully have to do these overnights ever again. I had work last night 10pm-8am, still haven't slept although I'm feeling incredibly tired so I will go in a bit :tongue:.

I can never be bothered to cook (not that I can tbh) so I never really eat, but over summer mum will be teaching me, I'm so bad I've never even cooked rice before lol :colondollar:.

I think over the summer from shifts I'll have money saved up so I should be ok if my student finance came late for some reason or whatever, plus yeah my mum will be helping out as well.

I saw that you identify yourself as a 'gamer' what games are you into FIFA or COD by any chance haha? And GGMU :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Tish
I want to quit work i am sick and tired of these overnights (basically the shifts i've been doing for the past 8 months LOL :frown:). I can't wait to get a transfer (hopefully it happens), then I wont hopefully have to do these overnights ever again. I had work last night 10pm-8am, still haven't slept although I'm feeling incredibly tired so I will go in a bit :tongue:.

I can never be bothered to cook (not that I can tbh) so I never really eat, but over summer mum will be teaching me, I'm so bad I've never even cooked rice before lol :colondollar:.

I think over the summer from shifts I'll have money saved up so I should be ok if my student finance came late for some reason or whatever, plus yeah my mum will be helping out as well.

I saw that you identify yourself as a 'gamer' what games are you into FIFA or COD by any chance haha? And GGMU :biggrin:

Owch! I thought I had it bad doing 6:15am-3:15pm! It's weird doing a 11:30-8:30 though, because the night crew start at 9 so I see them coming into work, then if i'm doing an early the next day I see them leaving too! 8 Months is a long time to be doing that, I feel so sorry for you :P I can't wait to quit too though, and hopefully find a job in Lancaster with nicer people :P

Haha aww, i'll help you along the way then :P I can do basics, but suck at anything other than that, so I imagine together we can come up with some very odd concoctions!

Cool! I'm hoping student finance won't come late but trying to get as much money as I can incase it does. At the same time, saving up for a new phone :rolleyes:

Hells yes :smile:More FIFA than COD. I got pretty bored of that series after COD4 :P I like battlefield as far as shooters go though :smile: How about you? Haha woop a fellow supporter :smile:
I think I'm applying to Lonsdale - I hope there are girl gamers there! What made you choose Grizedale? :smile:
Reply 7
Hi! :smile:
Can't wait to finally apply for accommodation - definitely ensuite. I think I'll be insuring Furness. I also couldn't help but see I'm not the only one who can't really cook, my only problem is that my mum doesn't either (and my dad works funny shifts), so I'll just get thrown in at the deep end at uni. :tongue:

Offer: ABB
So it looks as though I'll also be applying to Grizedale! :smile: any gaming sounds awesome, no matter if you're a guy or a girl :smile:

Course: Economics
Offer: AAB/AAC/ABB
Sex: YES PLEASE :colone:
okay...Male
Reply 9
Does anyone know the date that we can apply for accommodation?

I have an offer of AAB for Psychology and will be opting for en-suite at Grizedale and then Lonsdale for my insurance! Love the accommodation here, can't wait to (hopefully) be there in September :biggrin:
Original post by nbhx
Does anyone know the date that we can apply for accommodation?

Lancaster are keeping the date a secret, I reckon it'll be between the 8th-12th June as they said it would be 'sometime in early June' :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Lancaster are keeping the date a secret, I reckon it'll be between the 8th-12th June as they said it would be 'sometime in early June' :smile:

Thank you very much :smile::smile: Yeah I just saw 'early June' and got too excited haha. Oh well, patience is something I have learned over the process of applying to university! :colondollar:
Reply 12
Original post by MonsterMorris
I think I'm applying to Lonsdale - I hope there are girl gamers there! What made you choose Grizedale? :smile:

Hog roasts! :wink:

For me it was really the fact that the college is central and the accommodation looks nice :smile:

What made you pick Lonsdale?
Reply 13
So it looks as though I'll also be applying to Grizedale! :smile: any gaming sounds awesome, no matter if you're a guy or a girl :smile:

Course: Economics
Offer: AAB/AAC/ABB
Sex: YES PLEASE :colone:
okay...Male

Yay, gaming! Despite not being able to bring the xbox (my sister is refusing to let it leave the house), I'm hoping to be able to keep playing somehow. Maybe I'll join a society or something.

In other news...
Course: English Lit with Creative Writing
Offer: AAA
Original post by Jennejy
Yay, gaming! Despite not being able to bring the xbox (my sister is refusing to let it leave the house), I'm hoping to be able to keep playing somehow. Maybe I'll join a society or something.

I doubt I'll be bringing my xbox due to space in my room so I'm going to get my last days out of it after exams finish! There is a gaming society at Lancaster though :smile:
Reply 15
I doubt I'll be bringing my xbox due to space in my room so I'm going to get my last days out of it after exams finish! There is a gaming society at Lancaster though :smile:

Me too! Ahh, nice, I might give that a look then :smile: Though they might all be pro-as-heck, super-serious gamers, in which case they might not take too kindly to me. I'm not very good xD
Original post by Jennejy
Me too! Ahh, nice, I might give that a look then :smile: Though they might all be pro-as-heck, super-serious gamers, in which case they might not take too kindly to me. I'm not very good xD

I guess it depends on what games you play though, because I would consider myself a pro on a game like Halo or Gears of War, but I'm a total noob on games such as FIFA and CoD :smile: Maybe I could give you a game sometime? :smile:
Reply 17
I guess it depends on what games you play though, because I would consider myself a pro on a game like Halo or Gears of War, but I'm a total noob on games such as FIFA and CoD :smile: Maybe I could give you a game sometime? :smile:

Haha, Halo has never really interested me for some reason and I'm ashamed to admit that I've never played GoW (though its definitely on my to-do list) :L I'm beyond awful at CoD though!
Original post by Jennejy
Haha, Halo has never really interested me for some reason and I'm ashamed to admit that I've never played GoW (though its definitely on my to-do list) :L I'm beyond awful at CoD though!

Well I think I'm going to crucify you for your first two points there about Halo and GoW :tongue:

Just joking, but I suck at CoD too although that is due to lack of playing it as the storyline is just monotonous now :L

What didn't interest you about Halo?
Reply 19
Kingdom of Hearts, Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud or just CoD Nazi Zombies and I'm in!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest