The Student Room Group

5'7 male too short?

I am a 5'7 - 170cm male 145-150lb 7% BF.
I just can't seem to get a girlfriend no matter how hard i try ( sound desperate :frown: ) and i am not ugly. Random girls always say am good looking/cute on nights out.(hate getting called cute) Anyways everytime i get a girls number they text me for like a week then just stop replying. Whats up with that?

Am i just too short for girls to find attractive?

Scroll to see replies

You'll be called cute because you're not the tallest, but it shouldn't amke much difference. You are taller than the average girl, which is a good start. I don't think it's to do with height. I guess the idea of a girl giving you their number (to a girl) is to organise a date sometime, so some of them probably lose interest if you don't make a move.
You are in no way too short, my brother is about 5 foot 5 or 6 and he gets many girls haha. Most girls nowadays are like 5 foot 3 or anything so it is not as if you will be shorter than them.
Doing things like making this thread is probably why you are having trouble with girls. It makes you seem incredibly insecure, which is not an attractive trait in a person. I would imagine as you're 'desperate' for want of a better word, you come across a little bit needy when texting, again, not an attractive trait. Both combined will put a lot of people off unless they have a similar personality. Also, if you're 'trying' to find a girlfriend it generally won't happen, or if it does it probably won't last. Never settle for less than you deserve, simply out of desperation.

I'm 5,7 and I've never had a problem. 5,7 is taller than most women, and the majority don't really care so long as you're at least a little bit taller/bigger than them, they're far more interested in other things. You need to accept that not every woman is going to find you attractive, and not every woman is going to think that you are tall enough. Plenty will though.
Reply 4
I'm significantly shorter than you and it doesn't mean that no girl will ever fancy you, it just means that you have to work harder to show why they should fancy you - confidence is a good place to start.
Reply 5
****ing hell, 7% BF is some serious **** mate. Must be a massive bitch maintaining.
Reply 6
Who knows their body fat percentage?

You're obsessing over one thing. Yes, your height will put some girls off, but most would at least consider a guy your height. It's your actions that are the real problem. Most probably your insecurities about your height are showing through. The only real solution is to keep getting out there, show your confidence and when you do have success, that will make you feel better. I found an important thing to realise was that most young guys feel the same way- insecure about their height, weight, looks, etc.
Nothing wrong with your height, I am exact same height, trick is not to let it bother you.
Reply 8
I'm not much taller and no problem here.
Reply 9
I'm 5'6'' and my boyfriend is 5'7/8 and he is perfect
I have the same problem, 5'3" and girls call me 'cute' or 'adorable' and treat me like a little brother (even the ones who are younger than me)
Reply 11
I'd say 5'7 is on the lower end of average anyway so I wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 12
Looks are way more important than height, so you're fine.
Reply 13
my dad's 5'7 and he's been happily married for thirty years, my grandads even shorter and he's been happily married for about 60 years lol.

Chill out, there are other things that matter more than height.
Original post by kunoichi
my dad's 5'7 and he's been happily married for thirty years, my grandads even shorter and he's been happily married for about 60 years lol.

Chill out, there are other things that matter more than height.

Size
Finance
Muscles/fightability
Choice of car/motobike
Endurance (required for relationships)
How often you get sober
Criminal backround
Occupation
etc
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 5'7 - 170cm male 145-150lb 7% BF.
I just can't seem to get a girlfriend no matter how hard i try ( sound desperate :frown: ) and i am not ugly. Random girls always say am good looking/cute on nights out.(hate getting called cute) Anyways everytime i get a girls number they text me for like a week then just stop replying. Whats up with that?

Am i just too short for girls to find attractive?

first of all your need to stop whining like a woman.
Reply 16
Short for a male. Honesty is the best policy.

The average is 5'9".

Anything above 5' 9" statistically would be considered tall. On a social level, nowadays, tall would be considered 5'11" +.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Laomedeia
Size
Finance
Muscles/fightability
Choice of car/motobike
Endurance (required for relationships)
How often you get sober
Criminal backround
Occupation
etc

Criminal background. Who would have that?
Reply 18
potter.JPG

Embrace Your Inner Wizard
Original post by Adenosine
Short for a male. Honesty is the best policy.

The average is 5'9".

He knows he's a bit short. What he is asking girls is whether he might be too short for women to consider dating.

Latest

Trending

Trending