Turn on thread page Beta

June 3rd CCEA History - Germany 1918-45 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Exam is coming! Decided to create this for predictions on what may come up. Personally I think 1918-19 for the 1a/b question and Church-State relations 1933-1939 for the 2b.
    Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have no idea about this exam but i think that Nazi culture and maybe nazi economy will be 1-a/b with the sources questions being on something about early years of Weimar (sometime between 1918-23ish), i didn't even know church-state relations could come up :O i'm panicking now!

ReputationRep:
    This the AS in the morning? Arts and Culture are coming up - not been up since 2010 and never been in a June exam.

ReputationRep:
    Church/State relations can't come up because we don't need to know his foreign policy. Perhaps we could be asked about Church Opposition and Resistance to the regime, such as individual clergy such as Niemoller and his public sermons criticising the regime, the Catholic Church's concordat (which basically stated that if the Nazis granted religious tolerance to the Catholic Church, they would not interfere in politics and would remain neutral to the regime. This could be paralleled with Mussolini's relations with the Catholic Church, which promised Catholicism to be the state religion of Italy if the Pope withdrew support from the Popolari and did not interfere in politics) and the Catholic Church battling to save crucifixes in schools.

ReputationRep:
    What do you predict for 1918-1919? Treaty of Versailles?

ReputationRep:
    I think the sources will focus on either the 1923 inflation or the Treaty of Versailles and the main question will be 'To what extent was ... the main threat faced by the Weimar Republic in the period 1918-23' (or at least that's what i'm praying for ). But then again maybe the a/b could be to outline the terms of the treaty of Versailles or the Weimar Constitution (like on the original specimen paper), this paper is so hard to predict for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbhelix)
    I think the sources will focus on either the 1923 inflation or the Treaty of Versailles and the main question will be 'To what extent was ... the main threat faced by the Weimar Republic in the period 1918-23' (or at least that's what i'm praying for ). But then again maybe the a/b could be to outline the terms of the treaty of Versailles or the Weimar Constitution (like on the original specimen paper), this paper is so hard to predict for

We didn't learn about the Weimar Constitution - unless you're talking about Article 48, PR and 2/3 majority, etc.

I am guessing Arts and Culture, Youth, Rise to Power/Consolidation or Weimar/Nazi economy.

ReputationRep:
    Constitution is just role of president, the reichstag/reichsrat/pr, the bill of rights and stuff like that, probably wont come up but they haven't asked anything specifically on 1918-23 outside a general economy question in ages so and the source question has been focused on 1929 onwards for the last 4 or 5 papers, as long as something awful doesn't come up as the source like opposition or women i will be happy, no idea how to do 2a though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbhelix)
    Constitution is just role of president, the reichstag/reichsrat/pr, the bill of rights and stuff like that, probably wont come up but they haven't asked anything specifically on 1918-23 outside a general economy question in ages so and the source question has been focused on 1929 onwards for the last 4 or 5 papers, as long as something awful doesn't come up as the source like opposition or women i will be happy, no idea how to do 2a though :/
    Women came up as the source in Jan just past.

2A - here's an easy method for you. ADATPL - Author, Dates, Audience, Tone, Purpose, Limitations (and strengths). Answer all of those, using sources to back it up with quotations, and you're set.

"The author of this source is none other than Adolf Hitler, and thus it would be conceivable that this source is both reliable and accurate as head of the Nazi regime would have been informed about contemporary events within the Reich..."

"The date of this source is "24th Jan 1933", showing it was written when the issue was contemporary and it informs us of the opinions of some of the public at the time..." OR "The date of this source is "24th Jan 1983 and as it is written in hindsight, we must take into consideration that opinions or conclusions may be biased..."

"The strengths of the source are that it informs the reader that "x" amount of "y" happened within the period of "____"."

"The limitations of the source are that it does not inform the reader that "x" happened..."
    etc.

Do that and you'll get your marks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much . I hate sources with a passion, only repeating this because the ireland paper went so badly for me. But this is my last a level ever, so after this no more nazis ever again!

ReputationRep:
    Also, don't be afraid to show off your super sleuthy skills and mention which type of a source it is - if it is a diary, more likely to be true, why would they lie to themselves? If it is public speech, hyperbole or inference, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I always be sneaky when quoting - quote the date if you want and the name of the author. You're integrating the sources and you get marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    I will now! Do you know the times for this exam, how much time to spend on each question?

ReputationRep:
    We get 1 hour 30 mins for the exam. I think it's something like 15/15 for 1 (A or B, depending on choice), and 2A (probably something like 19/14 or something weird) and 2B is something like 56 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks feel so much better about this exam knowing how to do sources XD

ReputationRep:
    Sources were the bane of my life in GCSE. My old school just told me to go and attack them. New school has methods. I'm so scared. I've not revised - I've made out revision notes of the whole course and I'm cramming like crazy tomorrow; it worked in GCSE so hopefully..

I'm revising:
    Early Weimar threats
    Weimar economy
    Nazi Rise to Power (They LOVE this)
    Consolidation of Power
    Nazi economy
    Opposition and Resistance
    Arts and Culture

ReputationRep:
    I tried to do most things, but since I started i've forgot everything so trying to re-cram everything tonight and tomorrow, if weimar economy or opposition comes up i will cry, but almost all the predictions I make for history don't come up, so eventually luck has got to come my way right? (or at least that's what i'm telling myself)

ReputationRep:
    I've got this feeling in my gut that what I listed above will come up.

Arts and Culture - never been up in a June exam, last up Jan 2010
    Early Threats - like you said, been late 1920s onwards on the source last couple of years
    Nazi Rise to Power - they love it
    Consolidation of Power - seem to love it too
    Nazi economy - Weimar economy came up in Jan as the short question
    Opposition and Resistance - not too sure, but going for it anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Let me get you an image my teacher sent me with all topics that came up..

I forget the layout of the paper, heh. It's:

Question 1 - a choice of two topics

Question 2 - A) the short source question
    B) the long source question

Right?

ReputationRep:
    Yea i think that's the layout

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 31, 2014

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.