The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2014 Applicant's Thread

Hey,
I know it's quite early... But I just can't wait :rolleyes:
Is anyone thinking about Surrey in 2014?
I'd love to study Tourism Management:smile:

---

Connect to University of Surrey here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

Im thinking about Surrey too as well for tourism :smile:

Are you going to open day this june?? I really want to go but none of my friends are thinking studying at surrey:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
unfortunately I can't come to open day... I wish I could :frown: Maybe in September or October..
None of my friends are thinking about studying in the UK so I'm kinda alone :tongue:
Reply 3
Hi! I'm considering Surrey to do Civil Engineering and I'm going to the open day :smile:
Reply 4
I went to open day this friday and totally loved university! Tourism course people are so nice and overall everyone were so friendly. Surrey is my top choice now :smile:

Who else went to open day? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by doris20sr
Hi! I'm considering Surrey to do Civil Engineering and I'm going to the open day :smile:

Just discovered this thread... I want to do Civil Engineering at Surrey too :biggrin:
Reply 6
Same here! I can't wait! I wanna do biochem 👍😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really would like to study biomedical science at Surrey!

Despite not being able to attend the open day, the general consensus from friends is that it is amazing.

Fingers crossed for results day! :/
Reply 8
Hey everyone! Im gonna visit Surrey next week so Im curious how is the campus like and the city itself. I'd like to study Civil Engineering there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Jancus
Hey everyone! Im gonna visit Surrey next week so Im curious how is the campus like and the city itself. I'd like to study Civil Engineering there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Did you like the university? And did they tell you for Civil Engineering there is roughly 15% female which is one if the biggest percentages in the UK? :smile:
Reply 10
I felt in love with the campus! It is beautiful place. Yeah I suppose not many girls study civil engineering haha. I went to Southampton last week and I have to admit that I still like Surrey better, eventhough Southampton is higher in rankings. Im gonna visit Birmingham, Loughborough and Nottingham in next three days, Im excited to finally compare all of them. What are your other choices? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
So did I! There's so much green space around there which I love :smile: No they don't! I haven't really looked at the rankings as I'm not to bothered where the universities I like are placed so as they don't sway my views too much. Ooh, exciting next few days for you then, I hope you like them all. I'm also looking at Cardiff, Aberdeen, Exeter and Queen's Belfast :smile:
Reply 12
I'd love to do International Hospitality Management at Surrey!
Reply 13
I am considering studying business Management at Surrey, hopefully I get in
Im hoping to do Business and Retail management at Surrey next year :smile: going to the october open day
Reply 15
Original post by doris20sr
So did I! There's so much green space around there which I love :smile: No they don't! I haven't really looked at the rankings as I'm not to bothered where the universities I like are placed so as they don't sway my views too much. Ooh, exciting next few days for you then, I hope you like them all. I'm also looking at Cardiff, Aberdeen, Exeter and Queen's Belfast :smile:

The park with the lake is to beautiful! I made my visits and Surrey is still my #1! I like Nottingham very much as well, its campus is massive and green, and the school and the city itself seemed so student friendly :smile:...I will probably put Surrey as my firm and Nottingham (foundation year) as my insurance...If I get offers lol...
I see you have good choices of schools, I wish you luck to get offers from all of them!
What grades do you think you're gonna get? :smile:
I'm applying for Children's Nursing for 2014 at Surrey :smile: Any other nursing applicants out there?!
I went to the open day back in June and again I absolutely loved the uni. Campus was gorgeous and loved how it was all so 'together', enjoyed having a look round the town and it generally seems like a nice place to live and study!
Reply 17
I'm not sure if it's a right place for this question..
I'm going to go to the open day. So does anybody know how to get from London Luton to Guildford? What's the cheapest way to get there?
By the way, who's coming to the open day in October? :biggrin:
Original post by ferltoun
I'm going to go to the open day. So does anybody know how to get from London Luton to Guildford? What's the cheapest way to get there?

Prob quickest and cheapest was is to get the train to Guildford station. Im going on the 12th of oct
Reply 19
Original post by ferltoun

I think the cheapest way is to get an easybus from Luton airport to London Baker street. From Baker Street get 139 bus to Waterloo. Lastly, get a train from Waterloo to Guildford :smile: This is much cheaper than getting a train from Luton to Guildford.

Quick Reply