The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, and that will be great.Back to something I was saying earlier about match lengths, at last night's PPV the longest match could not have been over 20 mins, that being the DX match I believe.Simply, matches need to be longer--even not so good matches can seem more 'legitimate' if they go around 30 mins.I mean look at Wrestlemania 22, longest match was just over 20 mins, which is frankly ridiculous.I pine for the glory days of 60 minute time limits with the matches ending at 59 mins 59seconds literally, or a no contest.
If one looks at PPVs were there were unexpectedly long matches, not only the match itself is great but the PPV level is heightened.2 cases: Badd Blood 2004, HBK-HHH Hell in a Cell match (ok they didn't go outside the cell but who does except when Foley is there?) went just under 50 minutes, it was pure wrestling at its best. Vengeance 2004, a seemingly dull IC title match between Edge and Randy Orton goes 26 minutes and is an unexpected classic.
Simply, the money matches at PPVs need to be longer.
CM Punk is getting called up.

Which is good.
Reply 82
yaay another CM Punk fan.
Reply 83
Raw was sooo funny last nite!

"HOLY ****! Holy only because its Shawn!"
The success of RAW seems to hinge entirely on the pranks that DX play. Again I watched two highlights on WWE.com earlier and the Edge interference in the title match is getting a little tiresome now.

However the DX promo was absolutely superb. Obviously I didn't get to see all of it, but it was a great reminder of the DX parody of the Nation of Domination many years ago.

Was there any developments in the Kane vs. Kane storyline? How the writers come up with this is beyond me...
Reply 85
Yep fake Kane interfered in Kanes match with Orton. Kane chased the fake Kane backstage beat him up and ripped the fake kanes mask of his face saying 'I believe this is mine'

So maybe Kane will return next week masked!!!! I hope so
Reply 86
GunsNRoses
Was there any developments in the Kane vs. Kane storyline?

They blew off the angle. Real Kane destroyed Fake Kane, threw him out and took the mask back.

Believably, WWE blew off the angle (despite fake Kane winning at Vengeance) because the crowd reaction at Vengeance was non-existant, and WWE realised that the fans actually didn't care about the feud.
Reply 87
Quote from wrestlezone

Last night was the blow-off for the Imposter Kane (Drew Hankinson). This imposter will not be appearing on WWE programming anymore.

BTW your up early arent you M1TCH3LL. Im only up coz Im leaving for the airport in a minute. Also welcome to WWE Society
Good job they don't blow off all the wrestlers who create no fan reaction. They'd be hard pushed to keep matches fresh with only 5 wrestlers on the roster :P
When is ECW on then?
Reply 90
Sundays 10pm Sky Sports 3

:smile:
uzi123
Sundays 10pm Sky Sports 3

:smile:

Is it 2 hours?
Reply 92
tis_me_lord
Is it 2 hours?

Just one.

LuckyMan
BTW your up early arent you M1TCH3LL. Im only up coz Im leaving for the airport in a minute. Also welcome to WWE Society

Had an exam, so I was revising :p:

And thanks :smile:
Has anybody actually watched the new ECW yet? I've heard many bad things about it. Obviously I'm not expecting the old ECW, but I would hope for something worthwhile. It seems all they've done is brought back a few old faces and just taken over the show with current WWE wrestlers (Foley/Edge/Cena/RVD/Lita/Angle/Big Show etc etc.) It seems such a shame to just use it as an excuse to expand the WWE brand when in reality it should be something unique that the WWE cannot match.
i just saw the dx again spirit squad wat a crap match
lmao it was pretty obvious who was going to win that match. The WWE just completely lacks star power or the ability to create characters who people actually care about, hence we are stuck with the Spirit Sqaud.

Hopefully they will crawl away and never be seen again sometime soon...
Reply 96
isnt wwe a little 'fake' at times?
like that part when sabu just flings the chair a john cena. i mean he did sheid himself with his hands... he didnt have to fall down.
and then when sabu hits him with that tv montior, he positions himself on that table.
sabu jumps on him, and he busts his eye...
A Y Z
isnt wwe a little 'fake' at times?
like that part when sabu just flings the chair a john cena. i mean he did sheid himself with his hands... he didnt have to fall down.
and then when sabu hits him with that tv montior, he positions himself on that table.
sabu jumps on him, and he busts his eye...

If you had have seen Terry Funk and Mick Foley at ONS, then it would have dispelled any notion that wrestling is fake.

and, with the two wrestlers you've mentioned, you've got to remember that there is no way John Cena is going to be able to cope with a style and moveset of Sabu without a few more safety measures being employed.

not to mention Sabu is one triple jump moosault away from kiling himself all the time nowadays anyway.
Reply 98
Wrestling is fake. Whoever says it isnt is a little bit ignorant.

But the dangers are real. It doesnt matter if you cover your face before a chair shot, it'll still hurt a lil bit. I respect wrestlers alot. My sister doesnt understand and calls it a "soap opera", but the fact is, wrestlers still risk their lives in real life. Just look at Own Hart. Or Droz who broke his back. Mankind Vs. Undertaker at KOTR where MK was 1st thrown off the cage into a table, then threw the cage where a chair actually hit his face on the way down.

Part 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0_83gn8AQyU&search=undertaker%20mankind%20hell%20cell

Part 2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=2l4BtJjEHqA&search=undertaker%20mankind%20hell%20cell
Reply 99
yes! agreed uzi!
wrestling may be real, and the matches may be fixed, but they way they 'act'it out!
lol! amazing!
i get really excited sometimes.. like the time stone cold beat the **** out of the big show.... lol!

Latest