The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5640
Original post by .Hannah
Does anyone read Lance Storms blog/books? Gives a great insight to life on the road. Comes across as a bit of an arse at times in his Q&A though.

That's what happens when a bunch of people try and be clever or ask weird personal questions. I appreciate his and his daughter's (I think) patience wading through that crap.
Reply 5641
Original post by nonotrly
That's what happens when a bunch of people try and be clever or ask weird personal questions. I appreciate his and his daughter's (I think) patience wading through that crap.

That is true actually come to think of it he only comes across as off when people ask him how about he got paid or asking about his favourite match again.
Reply 5642
Original post by .Hannah
That is true actually come to think of it he only comes across as off when people ask him how about he got paid or asking about his favourite match again.

Some of the questions are kinda creepy or just mind-boggling.

"Does your wife read your website?"

"I was wondering how royalty checks work when you appear on a DVD."

"can you tell us about some (if any) other familiar names in wrestling who were also natural"

Just from the last Q&A.

Best question I remember though is:

Q: Do you think a conversation involving you and Dean Malenko discussing carpet samples might actually be so boring that it would break time?

A: No, I think that would be a situation where 2 wrongs would make a right and some how our personal charisma vacuums would cancel each other out and we would make carpet samples like the most exciting topic there ever was.
If anyone in the Leeds area want to learn how to wrestle like the Facebook page Wrestling in Leeds or 'The Poison' Paul Parisio.

Its every Saturday 12-2 @ Leeds Cage
Reply 5644
Some real Royal Rumble facts (pre-2012):

- Entrant numbers 1, 2, 29 and 30 have produced the same amount of winners each.

- Shelton Benjamin was eliminated by Shawn Michaels three consecutive years (2006, 2007 and 2008).

- Nine superstars have won their first Royal Rumble match.

- Bob Backlund holds the record for longest time in the Rumble without winning at 1h 01m 10s.

- Every single superstar in Kane's record 11 eliminations from 2001 has won at least one championship from WWE.

- Not since the 2007 Royal Rumble has the winner actually won their brand's world title at WrestleMania.

- Under the JBL moniker, Bradshaw NEVER competed in a Royal Rumble Match. Neither did Bubba Ray or D-Von Dudley.

- Just one year after debuting in front of an enlivened Madison Square Garden crowd in 2000, Tazz was eliminated in just 10 seconds in 2001.

- Charles Wright has wrestled under the most different monikers in the Royal Rumble match (The Godfather, Papa Shango, Kama, Kama Mustafa and The Goodfather).

- Randy Savage forgot the rules of the Royal Rumble twice. In 1992, he eliminated himself and got back into the match, and in 1993, he attempted to pin Yokozuna.

- When averaging out the numbers, Hulk Hogan has eliminated more men per Rumble (6.8) than any other superstar.

- Glenn Jacobs has been in 15 Royal Rumble matches (Kane, Fake Diesel and Isaac Yankem).

- The Undertaker has entered at #30 three times, the only superstar to enter at #30 more than once.

- Biggest #30 entrant disappointment is arguably a tie between X-Pac and Duke "the Dumpster" Droese. (and now Big Show in 2012)

- All three members of the Rhodes wrestling family have competed in the Royal Rumble PPV.

- R-Truth was eliminated in 2009 in identical fashion to his elimination as K-Kwik in 2001.

- Roddy Piper is the only entrant with the opportunity to win both major titles of the Federation on that PPV.

- The Undertaker was the first man to be eliminated by a competitor who was not even in the match. John Cena was the last.

- Vader wore his singlet backwards at the 1996 Royal Rumble and nobody was bold enough to tell him he had put it on wrong.

- Before 2011, Rey Mysterio had previously only drawn the #1, #2, #4 and #8.

- Sabu is the only Rumble competitor to ever leave the match by being put through a table.

- Finlay is the only Rumble competitor to be "disqualified" for entering before his interval opened up.

- Both Al Snow (2001) and Rick Rude (1990) entered prematurely as well but were not disqualified.

- Shawn Michaels was legitimately thrown over the top rope by Vader in 1996 but allowed to reenter and win the match since Vader had already been eliminated. This is the only time in history such an event has been acceptable.

- Ahmed Johnson, not Jim Duggan, was the first man to introduce a 2x4 into the match.

- Before 2012, the only three men able to eliminate Santino Marella were Kane, the Undertaker and Alberto Del Rio.

- The Ultimate Warrior competed in only two Royal Rumbles and didn't make it to the final four in either one.

- Hulk Hogan "accidentally on purpose" eliminated one of his "friends" in four consecutive Rumbles (Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Tugboat and Sid Justice). Dick.

- The 25th Anniversary of the Royal Rumble will take place in 2013 because WWE can't count and doesn't care about traditional mathematics, science, reasoning or logic. They can't even use the 'the event has a '25' in its title anyway' reasoning this time.

- In his first three Royal Rumbles, C.M. Punk eliminated three superstars. In his last two, he has eliminated 12.

- Jonathan Coachman is a multi-time Rumble entrant.

- Dolph Ziggler, Kurt Angle and Randy Orton have appeared in both the Royal Rumble match and a World Title match earlier in the evening. (2012: Big Show, as well as Ziggler again)

- The #3 entry has lasted less than six minutes 19 out of 25 times (including 2012).

- Shawn Michaels clocked 12 seconds of action in his second Rumble appearance before being eliminated by Hulk Hogan.

- The final four of the 2005 Royal Rumble featured four men who had yet to become champion at the time: Edge, Rey Mysterio, Batista and John Cena.

- The final four of the 2003 Royal Rumble featured the four biggest men in the match: Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Batista and Kane.

- Fred Ottman, who was both Tugboat and Typhoon, was eliminated in his only two Rumbles by his best friend at the time (Hulk Hogan and Earthquake).

- Mick Foley's entry into the 2012 Royal Rumble will be his third surprise entrancy (that a word?) in 8 years.

- The Corporation won every Rumble PPV match they competed in in 1999, includingthe Royal Rumble.

- The Warlord may have the worst Rumble record in history. As well as his famous 2-second finish in 1989, he was also eliminated quickly in 1991 and 1992. The numbers he drew were #29 and #30 respectively.

- It took more men to eliminate Viscera in the 2007 Royal Rumble than any other competitor in history (eight), breaking the record he held for 13 years.

- The Great Khali was eliminated by The Undertaker in his first two rumbles. Two years later, he was eliminated by Beth Phoenix.

- The biggest botch in Royal Rumble history is undoubtedly the 2005 Royal Rumble: Batista and Cena were the last two. Cena blew Batista's eardrum with his first punch, contributing to Batista and Cena both going over the top and hitting the floor (unplanned). Cue chaos, a mass of refs and a PISSED Vince McMahon tearing his quads.

- Undertaker is the only wrestler to have eliminated John Cena from the Royal Rumble and never also faced him at WrestleMania.

- No-one has ever won the Rumble in their hometown.

- Entrant #1 and #2 have been the final two in the ring twice (1995 and 1999).

- 2006 was the last of the few times the Royal Rumble did not go on last.

- Ted DiBiase (1989 and 1990), Rikishi (2001 and 2002) and The Undertaker (2007 and 2008) entered the Royal Rumble at #30 one year and #1 the very next year.

- Big John Studd, Brock Lesnar, Vince McMahon and Alberto Del Rio are the only superstars to win their only Rumble appearence.

- Randy Savage was the first man to ever no-show his entry in 1991.

- If you combine former Rumble entrants and tag partners Haku and Rikishi, you get 1996 Rumble entrant Hakushi.

- Despite being touted as a major accomplishment, Shawn Michaels' 1995 Rumble win from entry #1 lasted only 38 minutes.

- Edge, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Steve Austin and Brock Lesnar have all won the Rumble despite spending less than 10 minutes in the ring.

- Eight Hall of Famers have won the Royal Rumble (including Edge).

- It wasn't until 1993 that the winner of the Rumble was awarded a championship match at WrestleMania. Before that time, the significance of the winner varied from WWF Champion (Ric Flair) to retirement celebration (Big John Studd) to patriotic validation (Hulk Hogan).

- California has hosted five Royal Rumbles, more than any other state.
(edited 12 years ago)
Elimination Chamber predictions anyone?
John Cena to win every match, even the ones he's not a part of. :awesome:
Smackdown gave alot away.

Bryan spits on Seamus just told us the two will fued towards Wrestlemania. Great way to be unpredictable WWE.
Reply 5648
Kane for WWE Champion!!
Well I hope that's the end of the John Cena and Kane feud and now The Rock returns to send the hype machine into over drive. Undertaker will be live on RAW tomorrow night so that should answer some questions.

Beth Phoenix looking as hot as ever and I hope she goes on undefeated. Disappointed that Great Khali barely lasted 5 minutes before being eliminated. I really don't see the point in placing him in such high-profile matches if he's simply going to be a fall guy. And it looks like Sheamus has declared his intentions to fight Daniel Bryan which I guess is right with him sticking with the Smackdown brand. I see a Punk v Jericho feud intesifying over the next few weeks.

Also on a side note Sting released some cryptic message on his Twitter account saying "I'm done" prompting a frenzy of rumours about the meaning of that. Naturally people are speculating that either he's retiring or that he's headed for WWE with many followers asking him if he's headed to Miaimi in the next month or so.

However, TNA retweeted the message so if it really was Sting leaving TNA why would TNA declare that so intentionally? I suspect it's some TNA related scripted issue e.g. he no longer wants to be an enforcer etc. That should kill the Sting WWE rumours which seem to be a yearly tradition in the build up to Wrestlemania. Although with Undertaker being at RAW tomorrow, Triple H saying no and Sting seemingly signing off from the TNA..........who knows?
Reply 5650
WWE PPV. What can be said? All the results were called by anyone who knows just one week of what's happened in WWE the past month.

Plus, Cena main evented, the RAW title match (the real show) opened but only had 2 viable winners and only 3 champion-material performers if you consider Miz and Ziggler as halves, and WWE threw in yet more unadvertised and random matches to fill time that they couldn't fill by building a friggin' storyline (but hey, there was only one this PPV).

TNA just got dangerous - they cut loose Russo. He's gone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5651
Original post by nonotrly
WWE PPV. What can be said? All the results were called by anyone who knows just one week of what's happened in WWE the past month.

Plus, Cena main evented, the RAW title match (the real show) opened but only had 2 viable winners and only 3 champion-material performers if you consider Miz and Ziggler as halves, and WWE threw in yet more unadvertised and random matches to fill time that they couldn't fill by building a friggin' storyline (but hey, there was only one this PPV).

TNA just got dangerous - they cut loose Russo. He's gone.

Has he been as stupid there as he was in WCW?
WWE dropped the ball with Jericho. And who thought leaving Santino in the Chamber for that long was a good idea, like he was a serious contender? and making Khali look like ****? Chirst. Painful to watch
Reply 5653
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
WWE dropped the ball with Jericho. And who thought leaving Santino in the Chamber for that long was a good idea, like he was a serious contender? and making Khali look like ****? Chirst. Painful to watch

The logic with Santino in The Sun's view was that it was surprising for Santino to last so long, and it made the fans completely hate Daniel Bryan for ending his dream because they were so behind him (I don't know what the crowd were actually like).

The Khali is simply WWE's monster jobber logic. The likes of Umaga, Kane and Khali are simply jobbers. It was especially bad a few years ago, Umaga was jobbing out to everyone. The big monster heels turned up as 'surprise' opponents or partners ALL the time, then promptly lose to the other guy so they get a push.

But when someone is beating the supposed unstoppable monster every week, it loses its effect. It was happening more often than Teddy Long booking someone against THE UNDATAKER, or sorting out a title or #1 contendership with an over-the-top-rope battle royal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Is it just me or what a bad example the WWE set. I mean using up an ambulance for a pointless catfight when it could have been used for a real emergency.

Did the ambulance actually go anywhere? Also who was driving?

Also it would have been more exciting if Cena or Kane had used the ambulance to run over the other although not sure that would be seen as PG. I actually find the match quite amusing. Hardcore fighting just doesn't suit John Cena. It's like Christopher Biggins trying to take part in UFC, laughable.
Wow! The crowd were really behind Santino. Crazy atmosphere and I got caught up in it. I thought he'd done it when he hit The Cobra.
Just caught Elimination Chamber. What a load of crap. One of the worst PPV's I've ever seen. Nothing happened!

Then, after having to watch two dull Chamber matches (apart from Santino, I did mark for him!), to see Justin Gabriel and Jack Swagger have a "match tonight!". The hell? So that's your way to keep the viewers is it? Get the actual title matches that the PPV is themed around out of the way so we can see a Swagger squash.

And Kane-Cena, I didn't even bother watching it, I said to my mate who saw it live "Tell me if it's a clean, Cena win so I can save myself an extra half-hour of this rubbish". He told me it was so - screw it.

Just awful.
Original post by Introvert2020
Just caught Elimination Chamber. What a load of crap. One of the worst PPV's I've ever seen. Nothing happened!

Then, after having to watch two dull Chamber matches (apart from Santino, I did mark for him!), to see Justin Gabriel and Jack Swagger have a "match tonight!". The hell? So that's your way to keep the viewers is it? Get the actual title matches that the PPV is themed around out of the way so we can see a Swagger squash.

And Kane-Cena, I didn't even bother watching it, I said to my mate who saw it live "Tell me if it's a clean, Cena win so I can save myself an extra half-hour of this rubbish". He told me it was so - screw it.

Just awful.

Indeed. It was very poor apart from Santino. I'm sure the Laurinaitis bit could've been done on Raw rather than wasting time at a PPV and there was the time wasted on another Cena video that will probably be on Raw anyway.

I'm just glad it wasn't on Box Office, so at least I didn't have to pay any extra for it.
well nothing happens that couldn't be predicted at the ppv which is a big dissapointment, need to have a championship change hands at least. we are now nearly there for WM with matchs, we just need beth phoenix to have a match against somebody, my money is on Khama returning after beth goes on about how no divs can beat her. Any thoughts?
Elimination Chamber wasn't good but it was nowhere near the worst ppv ever. Go back and watch some old King of the Ring shows (1999 and 1995 especially), Great American Bash 1991, or some late WCW shows. Besides, both the EC matches were pretty good.

Wrestlemania is shaping up to be a great card.

Latest