The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
uzi786
Jeff Hardy deserves to win the belt just for that imo. He's been more entertaining that Cena and RKO.

When he was on the 1st scaffolding, I was like thats lower than the steel cage in which he done the whisper in the wind (which was also awesome) but then he climbed up the next set and I was like yea man!

That swanton just looked sick, if anyone here has played Assasins Creed, it looked just like that.

On one of the replays, you could see the force, as Jeffs legs just shot back up. Gotta rate RKO for taking it aswell, I mean if he actually did, coz I ain't 100% sure tbh.

Laevis - Welcome to the WWE Society, though it's not really a society since the founder is missing :confused:

Just think of it as one big happy thread!

We all pretty much hated Cenas title run, so you're not alone.

Thanks, good to be here. ;grin; Just to reiterate my warning, i really am a bit of a n00b, so don't expect me to know as much as you guys. :blushing: :p:

Soc leader seems to have gone AWOL, hasn't logged in since last summer. Anyway, Jeff Hardy deserves to be champion. A lot of the other guys are cheesy and crap champions, but with Jeff i think you get the full package; the guy's exciting, dynamic, energetic, passionate even. He seems to be awesomely popular too, which i suppose could help seeing they seem to take it in turns to have a good champion then bad champion.
Reply 1041
Lucy :)
Brock was one of the best wrestlers the E had in ages. Loved the F5 not many people bitch about Goldberg but he did the exact same thing as Lesnar.

I actually agree with you. I was just hating on Brock for what he's been saying about his mma career.

I always thought Goldberg was a bit overrated, I mean ok his run in WCW was pretty cool, but when that was over so was his character. And, he injured Bret. ******.

However, I can get why some fans hate Brock more. WWE invested alot in Brock (not just money as with Goldberg) bringing him up the ranks and putting him on the main card, he just basically said FU to vince, thats why when Brock wanted to come back, Vinnie Mac said hell no.

F5 = One of my fave finishers. I always use to put is as my created characters finishers on the old smackdown games. Still do it to my lil cousins now :cool:
Better than the F'U....
Jeff definitely deserves at least a short run with the title, as his feud with Orton has become really something to admire. However, considering they're building up to Mania and, essentially Rumble title matches are just filler, they won't put the title on him. I think, as a reward for all his good work with Orton atm, they should let him win the Money In The Bank ladder match at Mania, presuming they do it. I think that would be a way of keeping some of this main event level momentum Hardy's gained in the past few weeks.
Reply 1043
Big Show signed, sealed and delivered apparently.

Save_Us. Big Show :cool:
Reply 1044
Woot.
(Y) for the new avatar :biggrin:
Reply 1046
I am actually The Rock ya know.
well i sure do smell what ya cookin'.
Reply 1048
I'm off to revise jabroni

if you smelllllllllllllllllllllllllelalalaalalllaoawwww...
Reply 1049
Jeff.Hardy.Deserves.A.Title.Run

Give him one now!
Reply 1050
lol I want bigshow :puppyeyes:
Former ECW champion Bobby Lashley, who was expected to return from his injuries this month, has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment, according to Lashley's official website.

Lashley, who debuted with the Smackdown brand in 2005, moved to the ECW brand in December 2006 with the idea that the brand would be built around him. He received a huge promotional push and won the ECW belt at the December to Dismember PPV.

WWE's push continued featuring Lashley going right into a Wrestlemania 23 headline match against Umaga with Donald Trump and Vince McMahon as their respective seconds which was promoted heavily to the media due to Trump's involvement and the hair vs. hair stipulation that saw McMahon shaved bald in the center of the ring.

The Wrestlemania match led to a feud with McMahon where Lashley lost and regained the ECW title. Lashley was drafted to the Raw brand in June 2007 and vacated the ECW belt. He had been out of the ring since last July, when he finally took time off to have surgery and rehab rotator cuff and shoulder problems that had been nagging him for several months.

On the forum of his official website, www.BobbyLashleyOnline.com, Lashley commented, "Circumstances, which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE. I can't go into details of this now but like I said before, sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you, which has happened here. Evil has prevailed. However like I said before, if you continue your struggle, doors will open around these people. You have not seen the last of me, so please don't stop your support. Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!"

Lashley, a former amateur champion who also served in the Army, originally signed with the company in 2003 and spent time in Ohio Valley Wrestling before being brought up to the main roster.

Lashley teased a potential MMA interest on 1/16, writing, "I am not sure what I will be doing the next few months. I said I am in fighting shape because if I am not wrestling, I will be fighting. Wrestling is my passion but sometimes things are out of your control. The time off I've had was well needed and was not in vain. I had surgery in August, which was pretty serious. I had to have 5 connectors put in my shoulder to repair my torn labrum. I was slated to be out for 6 months but I think that diagnosis was for an average person. I’m ready for action and I have been for some time now. Whatever action that may be, I will be ready."

Lashley noted that he had just purchased a home in Parker, Colorado and that he expected WWE to acknowledge the release by the end of the week. Word of his departure made its way around the WWE locker room at tonight's Smackdown and ECW taping. As of this writing, he is still listed on the Raw brand's roster page.

Most likely not true. And if it's really Lashley posting it, it's probably and attempt at an IWC swerve, a la Matt Hardy.

But on the off chance it's true, my day has been made.
Reply 1052
lashley sucked.
LawYah
lashley sucked.

x2.
Reply 1054
Yeah he's gone. I thought he was good in the ring, his Cena match at the BatB was pretty good, but that's it.

He absolutely sucked on the mic. I had a feeling he wouldn't last long since Krystal (his gf) left earlier. He was smart tho, made Vince pay him while he was injured then leave lol.
If it's true he's making a huge mistake!

Oh well will be TNA champion in a few months.
Reply 1056
haahaha
Reply 1057
Lucy :)
If it's true he's making a huge mistake!

Oh well will be TNA champion in a few months.

No he wont, he was mostly a mid carder.

As far as I remember, TNA has only put the HW belt on two former wwe wrestlers, though I may be mistaken...

I miss TNAs X Division tho...
I count three, Jarrett, Angle, Christian. But I don't watch TNA so there could be others. Lashley didn't completely suck imo, and as someone else said his match and short feud with Cena was good I thought, quite exciting at some points. He was def bad on the mic and he had a long way to go but I think honestly it's probably a bad move for him. TNA, unless you're Angle and can demand a huge salary and lots of creative control is really not an option. MMA, well I don't really care about that and not many former wrestlers have been that successful.
Reply 1059
deipnosophy
I count three, Jarrett, Angle, Christian. But I don't watch TNA so there could be others. Lashley didn't completely suck imo, and as someone else said his match and short feud with Cena was good I thought, quite exciting at some points. He was def bad on the mic and he had a long way to go but I think honestly it's probably a bad move for him. TNA, unless you're Angle and can demand a huge salary and lots of creative control is really not an option. MMA, well I don't really care about that and not many former wrestlers have been that successful.

But Jarret owns the company, so you can't really class him as one of those "former wwe guy so give him the belt" thing. I'm pretty sure it's just those two, and imo Christan has been better in tna then he was in wwe. Angle has been good, but not as good as he use to be....

Hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing him in MMA, but all he really has is the wrestling skills. Same as Brock really, who fights in a couple of weeks. How Mir kicks his ass. :cool:

Latest