The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I did mention nostalgia, so I guess your correct in assuming that wrestling died for me personally. I probably don't remember most of the good times Flair had, with the exception of one or two legendary survivor Series, but I'll take your word for it. For me, Hogan was the ultimate showman and crowd-pleaser. I'm not too interested with Hogan's arrogance and mercenary traits, I mean he was a professional whenever he was on TV so I guess that's all that counts for me.

In order to keep this short i'll just reel off a couple of random points...Austin and Rock, again while decent characters weren't spectacular in terms of ring ability. I mean what was the people's elbow all about? Austin's promos were great, the feuds with Vince were hilarious- that's all for me.

HHH was crap, I mean he used to hang out with Gangrel and stuff- I don't remember how he beame so physically strong overnight :rolleyes: then suddenly becoming a WWF megastar. Carlito is a joke, seriously. Orton is ok. Benoit hasn't really shown much of the charisma you describe. Yes, RVD+Cena are jokes. Ironically, Eddie Guerrero was one of the few good in the ring and on the mic- RIP.
The essay-style responses are superb...keep them up! Eddie passing away was a major blow to the industry in just about every possible way. Obviously the world lost a great performer and entertainer, but also one of the true superstars in the sport.

As somebody has said (sorry can't be assed to go back a page again) Edge has the potential to carry RAW if he was asked to, but he has always been given a push and then taken away from the main events almost straight away. I think the WWE management can finally see that Edge has all the star qualities to be something special.

The only realistic way I can see the WWE getting out it's current rut, aside from a successful return of Batista next week, would be to get Chris Jericho back as soon as possible from whatever music stuff he is doing at the moment. This guy probably has the best mic skills in the business today and is one of the finest technical athletes in wrestling. I think if he was given a decent comeback and a worthwhile storyline, I might actually start watching wrestling properly again.
Reply 122
Awwh, I Used to Love WWE with passion, Used to beat the guys with my knowledge. Pity I fell out of it, I do see it time to time but Its changed so much that i can hardly get into the drama side more just the fights.
Ah the good ol' Days Of Cactus jack, My all time favourite. Well All Of Fowleys alter egos were great.. His last match hell in a cell is a must watch. Classic.
Reply 123
rico dan man
why do people always have to come up with these essays, keep it short and sweet.

I know. God forbid someone feeling passionate about something and putting forward their opinion in a well-written and educational manner. The nerve of some people.
what do you mean the nerve of some people, dont take it to heart, so much people post, its long to read everything word for word.i would like towrite essays and show my passion but i thought it would be long for people to read.
Hanzing
Awwh, I Used to Love WWE with passion, Used to beat the guys with my knowledge. Pity I fell out of it, I do see it time to time but Its changed so much that i can hardly get into the drama side more just the fights.
Ah the good ol' Days Of Cactus jack, My all time favourite. Well All Of Fowleys alter egos were great.. His last match hell in a cell is a must watch. Classic.

Mick is my favourite as well, I read his first book like a dozen times, and his second one about 3... :redface:

I never watched ECW, but from what he used to write about it it sounded really good, glad it's around now - even if it is a puppet of the WWE. :frown:
GunsNRoses
The essay-style responses are superb...keep them up! Eddie passing away was a major blow to the industry in just about every possible way. Obviously the world lost a great performer and entertainer, but also one of the true superstars in the sport.

As somebody has said (sorry can't be assed to go back a page again) Edge has the potential to carry RAW if he was asked to, but he has always been given a push and then taken away from the main events almost straight away. I think the WWE management can finally see that Edge has all the star qualities to be something special.

The only realistic way I can see the WWE getting out it's current rut, aside from a successful return of Batista next week, would be to get Chris Jericho back as soon as possible from whatever music stuff he is doing at the moment. This guy probably has the best mic skills in the business today and is one of the finest technical athletes in wrestling. I think if he was given a decent comeback and a worthwhile storyline, I might actually start watching wrestling properly again.

chris Jericho may never return, and if he does it will be a long time away
Does anyone remember Andre The Giant? :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
Does anyone remember Andre The Giant? :biggrin:

...He was big... :biggrin:
would you actually say its andre that made hogan. after all hogan did have the charisma which appealed to the fans
Reply 130
He scaredme.. Ah But was he as big as the Big show?
Reply 131
Hanzing
He scaredme.. Ah But was he as big as the Big show?

He was billed as bigger than the Big Show (7ft4 to 7ft), although in terms of height in real life he was actually shorter. In terms of weight and body size he was bigger than the Big Show by the end of his career.
Reply 132
yeh well when the great khali comes out, all he does is swear in his native tongue.
and some of them are aimed directly at the audience!
RVD and Sabu have been arrested for doing drugs.

Bye bye ECW: The only two names other than WWE homegrown talent that have been put over in the new brand are now :|
Wanderlust
RVD and Sabu have been arrested for doing drugs.

Bye bye ECW: The only two names other than WWE homegrown talent that have been put over in the new brand are now :|

and RVD lost the WWE title last night on RAW , maybe the WWE are taking their drug policy seriously.

Although to do that they would have to suspend RVD and Sabu and I'm not sure they would do that

Go Edge! two time WWE champion:biggrin:
Amnesia
He was billed as bigger than the Big Show (7ft4 to 7ft), although in terms of height in real life he was actually shorter. In terms of weight and body size he was bigger than the Big Show by the end of his career.

Yep. I loved it when he slapped Bobby Heenan! Don't mess with the Giant.
andre actually got shorter through out the years
RVD has been suspended for a month. Also, we have a new ECW champion!
Forget that.

Join me in Marking out for the fact CM Punk is finally on ECW.

*Marks out along with the rest of the IWC. And so should you.
Reply 139
Wanderlust
Forget that.

Join me in Marking out for the fact CM Punk is finally on ECW.

*Marks out along with the rest of the IWC. And so should you.

I've actually stopped watching ECW now. I turned off the moment Punk came on my screen. I hate the overated sack of crap more than almost anyone in wrestling, and not in a good heel heat way.

rico dan man
would you actually say its andre that made hogan.

No. Hogan was insanely popular for years beforehand, dating back to his time in the AWA. Andre added to it, but he didn't make Hogan.

Latest