The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Klinsmannic
my favourite PPV ever was propbably Summerslam in London (1993 I think) when he went head to head with Rick Martel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(1992) That was my favourite Summerslam, if not entire PPV event. That must be the first time I was rooting for Rick Martel since he split up with Tito! When I was younger I liked the Royal Rumbles and joined in doing the countdown! :p:

Klinsmannic
Wrestling kinda died when Hogan, Bret Hart and Michaels left in the 90s.

Agreed. For me I saw it dying when I had characters like Farooq and that come in.
And the Rock and Austin and the nWo's first incarnation.

Hmm. Yeah. Wrestling died when?
Reply 143
Wow there are a lot of "wrestling is dying" posts going up. Please try to stay positive people. BTW Ive put up some more videos on the first post including the Mankind vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell match and the Sabu vs. Terry Funk barbed wire match (Be warned the content is rated R*) (Also keep them coming)

* notice witty reference to the greatest wrestler on Raw who is also the current champion for those who didnt know :biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=9 - for leader

you gave me a pm and your signature has a link to page 8 , it on 9 now

ANYWAY!!

hi as a young boy i was an avid WWE fan and i was there when the original DX started and hardy boys and dudley and dvon were in it etc..

i missed so much of the last 7 years but have caught up recently

i love Kane and his character and Rey Mysterio too.

anyway see Smackdown last week with the return of Batista, he mashed Mark Henry all over

D-X is back and thats awesome too, cant wait for some big matches and hopefully more members recruited to DX :biggrin:
Are any of you guys gonna go to one of the live events here in the UK in November? I'm thinking I may go to the Raw Survivor series tour one in Nottingham. I wish I'd been able to go to one when The Rock and Stone Cold were in it but never got the chance! So I wana go so I can atleast say I've been to a live event! So anyone else considering it?
Reply 146
Wont they be sold out by now??
No they're not, only Birmingham and Glasgow are sold out at the moment. There can't be that many WWE fans in the UK nowadays because the tickets have been on sale since april.
Reply 148
Thats because they keep adding new dates as they are selling out quick. Just read this on a website
They've only been making new dates in Ireland and Scotland as far as I know. Most locations in England haven't sold out.
Reply 150
Do you know if there are any shows in the London area??
No theres nothing in London, have a look here at the locations they have. http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/unitedkingdom/
Reply 152
Bring Back The Hardy Boyz
Reply 153
"As previously reported, Jeff Hardy showed up at the Roanoke, VA Smackdown taping on 6/27, even though it was 4 hours away from his home in Cameron, North Carolina. What's funny is that he didn't bother to show up at the 6/26 RAW the day before in Fayettville, NC, which is 15 minutes away from his home.

Anyways, Jeff is doing better and there is strong talk of a Hardy Boyz reunion in the WWE within the next few months. This is not confirmed just yet though and Jeff is still under contract with TNA"

Quote from Wrestlezone so WWE is considering it. Lets just hope its true

Also does anyone have any idea what a Punjabi Prison Match is ??
is this to do with the Great Khali

because i think its a cage match but to do with his rules and stuff
Reply 155
Wrong! this Punjabi Prison match is another name for a body bag match. First person to put the other in the body bag and zip it up wins...
Reply 156
I think that the loser faces criminal charges and gets locked up in prison for life :p:

If so please let Khali lose and let him take Mark Henry with him
NDGAARONDI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(1992) That was my favourite Summerslam, if not entire PPV event. That must be the first time I was rooting for Rick Martel since he split up with Tito! When I was younger I liked the Royal Rumbles and joined in doing the countdown! :p:

Yeah, the best PPV...The fact that it was open-air made it even better. It was hilarious when Sheri got soaked (by HBK I think). Yeah Royal Rumbles were great spectacles- didn't everyone countdown?! Lex Luger- Brett Hart going over the top was pretty ground-breaking even though it was mid-90s.
Klinsmannic
Yeah, the best PPV...The fact that it was open-air made it even better. It was hilarious when Sheri got soaked (by HBK I think). Yeah Royal Rumbles were great spectacles- didn't everyone countdown?! Lex Luger- Brett Hart going over the top was pretty ground-breaking even though it was mid-90s.

Yep! I even remember Bam Bam Bigelow being a good guy and that is going back a bit!

*tries to forget all the no-no wrestlers*
Yeah what the hell was Bam Bam all about? He had a rubbish character, disgusting clothes, repetitive moves, and still he was allowed to wrestle for years at WWF and WCW.

The best no mark Wrestler was probably Papa Shango or the Repo-man (closely followed by Razor Ramone and Yokozuna) :rolleyes:. Does anyone remember Maximillian Moon, around 1993-ish?

Latest