The Student Room Group

Please, can anyone answer this?

(re-done for clarity)

Hi,

I'm currently doing my final A2 exams for Politics and History, aswell as an AS exam for Sociology because I'm staying for a third year after I dropped 2 as levels during transition. So, I had hoped to be predicted an A* for sociology A2 (which is likely) and achieve two As for Politics and History A2 this summer. However, despite getting As in both History and Politics AS, I'm likely to get E-Cs this summer. So, if I agreed to retake my A2 levels next summer in my application this sept. could I still get into AAB/AAA Universities?

Thanks in advance
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bismarck.
Hi,

I want to apply this year, I'm sure I'm going to be able to get a sociology as level at an A grade that i'll carry onto a2 in my third year. However, though I got predicted A's for A2 in History & Politics, I'm worried I'll come out with bad grades.

So, if I got predicted good grades but didn't manage to get them at A2, could I still apply for AAB/AAA courses with the promise to retake my A2 exams?

Thanks in advance

I'm a bit confused. So at the moment you're doing your AS levels, and will be applying for university come September? Am I correct?

You are worried that although you're predicted 3As, you're not sure if you can achieve them at A2?

If what I understand is correct, then my advice to you is not to worry about your A2s right now! First concentrate on your AS levels, and if you do well, then great! Definitely apply for AAB/AAA courses in September. If you still didn't do as well as you hope (but you feel you could do better), then you have the option not to declare your AS grades on your UCAS application, and even retake some AS units in your second year. If you STILL miss your grades, there's you can retake units and have a year out of education, but some universities might not like the fact it has taken you 3 years to do A Levels, but it is do-able
Reply 2
Original post by Mother_Russia
I'm a bit confused. So at the moment you're doing your AS levels, and will be applying for university come September? Am I correct?

You are worried that although you're predicted 3As, you're not sure if you can achieve them at A2?

If what I understand is correct, then my advice to you is not to worry about your A2s right now! First concentrate on your AS levels, and if you do well, then great! Definitely apply for AAB/AAA courses in September. If you still didn't do as well as you hope (but you feel you could do better), then you have the option not to declare your AS grades on your UCAS application, and even retake some AS units in your second year. If you STILL miss your grades, there's you can retake units and have a year out of education, but some universities might not like the fact it has taken you 3 years to do A Levels, but it is do-able

Sorry, I wrote that in a bit of a haste and I'll fix it up.

I'm currently doing my final A2 exams for Politics and History, aswell as an AS exam for Sociology because I'm staying for a third year after I dropped 2 as levels during transition. So, I had hoped to be predicted an A* for sociology A2 (which is likely) and achieve two As for Politics and History A2 this summer. However, despite getting As in both History and Politics AS, I'm likely to get E-Cs this summer. So, if I agreed to retake my A2 levels next summer in my application this sept. could I still get into AAB/AAA Universities?
Potentially, but some don't like retakes and will up the grades you need

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bismarck.
Sorry, I wrote that in a bit of a haste and I'll fix it up.

Ok, that makes more sense.

Firstly, my advice to you right now is not to worry too much, and concentrate on revising! Anything is possible. I spent two days revising for one university exam and got 76%, and these are A Levels. Just work hard.

However...if you dont get the results you want...When you apply through UCAS, you can not declare your A2 grades, and state that you're taking them next summer. However, as I mentioned earlier, some universities might not like that you're takingS Levels over 3 years. Before you apply, phone/email the universities and ask how they feel about this and if they will accept your application. Some might discard it straight away,and it'd be a wasted entry
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending