Turn on thread page Beta

OCR 21st Century Science Additional Science B6 P6 C6 (13th June 2013) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, so i thought i would start a thread for those taking the OCR 21st Century additional science exam (B6 P6 and C6) on the 13th June. So we could collaborate and talk about it together and discuss revision and ask any questions.

How are you guys revising for it?

Ravens

ReputationRep:
    I've just been making notes, going to start past papers next weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomm1)
    I've just been making notes, going to start past papers next weekend
    I havent been able to find any past papers, have you managed to find any?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually looked yet haha, did you check on the ocr website?

ReputationRep:
    I've also been making notes, highlighting and making model maps- trying to fit everything in a small amount of space to simplify everything. I understand most of the content but I am finding it difficult to concentrate and kinda memorise it. Our teacher has given us past papers from the OCR site and compiled some for us from the teacher guide I think.
    Any ideas on revision tips?

ReputationRep:
    How did ppl find the exam today? Thought it was alright not hard not too easy, forgot the exotheroic reaction graph I am soo doomed! It was 3 marks as well

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was OK too. For the exothermic graph I put the lines in the right place, but arrow pointing up. Do think I'll get penalised

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite difficult. I think anyway. What did everyone put for the calculation of the background radiation i think it was /100000 or something?

ReputationRep:
    What do u think the grade boundaries would be for an A and an A*

ReputationRep:
    How did you lot find B5 C5 P5 and B4 C4 P4 i can't find any threads on these.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 35 would be an A* maximum i've looked at triple science grade boundaries and i've predicted how certain science exams have different boundaries. This exam was not asking for you scientific knowledge, it was maths and "is she correct? Justify your answer" I know everything about the topics but most questions didn't require much knowledge...

ReputationRep:
    So 35/60 really?

ReputationRep:
    I would say 46/60 would be an a*

ReputationRep:
    For unit 5 it was 39 and for unit 4 it was 35 then 37 and this exam is meant to be the hardest one and most people in my school hated it...

ReputationRep:
    For the core papers it was always under 40 for an A* where it was 41 once which was for the easiest paper B1 C1 P1 unit 1...

ReputationRep:
    What do you use for revision?

ReputationRep:
    It's that low because it is a new spec. Plus for science you really need to be specific, some times i know everything but only get 40/60 which is sometimes 95 Ums

ReputationRep:
    How was the unit 4 B4 c4 p4 and unit 5 b5 c5 p5 exams?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty easy tbh... but when I got the notes, I tried to learn them straight away and never looked at them again until yesterday when I did quite a bit of cramming (as well as this morning), so I guess everything was fresh in my mind :P

(Original post by Kira Yagami)
    What do you use for revision?
    For this exam I had a Collins revision guide (which was terrible as it had many spelling mistakes and their maths was slightly wrong), my notes from class, and I also used Bitesize

ReputationRep:
    Ninjasrule, how did u find the b4 c4 o4 and b5 5 p5 exams?
    I thought the one today was the hardest out of all three...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.