The Student Room Group

AQA AS unit2 Analysis

This question from june 2012 has puzzled me; In May 2012, Carmella and the other directors decided to continue setting prices 10% above those of rivals. Do you think that this is the correct decision? Justify your view. (12)

Our teacher has told us on 12-15 mark questions to state why it could be good, then why it may not be good, then say which we think is best and justify. But the mark scheme says possible analysis points which are based on what Carmella should do before making the decision, not whether it could be good/bad, so i'm confused what to do for these types of questions! Can someone please help :frown:
Define what they're doing- defining their market position by prices

Pro/con it- higher profits, higher perceived level of quality, may lose out on sales because prices are high

Evaluate- depends on the product and the market. Mention recession maybe

I don't know why the mark scheme says that, I've sat 3 business exams with the above method and always done well!
Reply 2
Original post by cfhurley
Define what they're doing- defining their market position by prices

Pro/con it- higher profits, higher perceived level of quality, may lose out on sales because prices are high

Evaluate- depends on the product and the market. Mention recession maybe

I don't know why the mark scheme says that, I've sat 3 business exams with the above method and always done well!

Thanks a lot! So the method I was using was correct? What scores have you got in previous exams? I got 70/80ums in unit1 but the questions in unit2 are really confusing.
This may sound stupid, but what exactly is business performance? Is it the ability of a business to meet its targets?
Original post by MrDobney
Thanks a lot! So the method I was using was correct? What scores have you got in previous exams? I got 70/80ums in unit1 but the questions in unit2 are really confusing.
This may sound stupid, but what exactly is business performance? Is it the ability of a business to meet its targets?

Yeah definitely :smile: I got two As last year and a B in unit 3 (we got a new teach :/ not as good as the old one)
Always follow that set plan. I'm still using it for my unit 4 exam! By putting knowledge first ur getting it outta the way and making it easier for examiners to mark. Make them go looking for your points and you might miss out. Also, the set plan makes you sound confident.
I think it's how a business does in comparison to its set objectives/targets and competitors in the market. We haven't covered that one so don't take that as 100%! Do u use a textbook?
Reply 4
Original post by cfhurley
Yeah definitely :smile: I got two As last year and a B in unit 3 (we got a new teach :/ not as good as the old one)
Always follow that set plan. I'm still using it for my unit 4 exam! By putting knowledge first ur getting it outta the way and making it easier for examiners to mark. Make them go looking for your points and you might miss out. Also, the set plan makes you sound confident.
I think it's how a business does in comparison to its set objectives/targets and competitors in the market. We haven't covered that one so don't take that as 100%! Do u use a textbook?

Thanks a bunch!! I hope it all sticks in this morning :smile: that's pretty good scores! All the best for unit 4 :smile: we have that problem with a teacher, he isn't a business studies teacher :/

But yeah, that's helped a lot, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending