Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, So I was wondering if anyone else is taking the AQA Biology Core science exam this Wednesday! any tips on what to learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aminahx)
    Hey Guys, So I was wondering if anyone else is taking the AQA Biology Core science exam this Wednesday! any tips on what to learn?
    I'm not taking this exam, but I'd have thought learning what's on your spec might be an idea

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm doing this exam
    I haven't done all my revision yet, mainly focussing on history atm, exam tomorrow :O
    But I've done all the yourself things on the AQA textbook and a few old spec past papers. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AparnaX)
    Yeah I'm doing this exam
    I haven't done all my revision yet, mainly focussing on history atm, exam tomorrow :O
    But I've done all the yourself things on the AQA textbook and a few old spec past papers. You?
    Well I did my mock last week and I did quite badly as I got a B and I need to get an A* but i'm trying to revise but its so hard since i'm also doing C1 and P1 next week too so I have to revise for those as well!

ReputationRep:
    Well I did my mock last week and I did quite badly as I got a B and I need to get an A* but i'm trying to revise but its so hard since i'm also doing C1 and P1 next week too so I have to revise for those as well!
    Yeah same.. But thankfully my exams are more relaxed now. The week before half term I had like 8 exams :L on the monday I had 4.

But also, I have 3 exams before biology so I haven't looked at it much...
    Do you have the nelson thornes textbook with the assess yourself questions? Because my teacher printed me off some answers to those questions so I could send them to you if you want to do them and check your answers.

And my advice would be practise past papers because a lot of it is exam technique. And also, read the specification like a billion times because that's where they make their mark schemes from. So use wording from the spec

Of course, revise over the topics you're unsure of, make revision cards etc. there are some podcasts on bitesize you may want to look at.
    Also, at the beginning of each topic on the specification, it has a few things that you should be able to evaluate. E.g. in vitro fertilisation, use of plant hormones for weedkillers, cloning, GM crops. Do little cards with advantages and disadvantages as these could be 6 markers.

Other 6 markers could be like a process. E.g. the menstrual cycle, evolution, reflex arc. So make sure you know these pretty well so you can write a six marker on these.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! yeah I have one too on Wednesday in the afternoon i'm doing higher. I think everything will come up from the aqa science A textbook if you're doing higher so like drugs in sport, plant growth, evolution e.t.c I hate science so I can't wait to get over and down with anyways good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AparnaX)
    Yeah same.. But thankfully my exams are more relaxed now. The week before half term I had like 8 exams :L on the monday I had 4.

But also, I have 3 exams before biology so I haven't looked at it much...
    Do you have the nelson thornes textbook with the assess yourself questions? Because my teacher printed me off some answers to those questions so I could send them to you if you want to do them and check your answers.

And my advice would be practise past papers because a lot of it is exam technique. And also, read the specification like a billion times because that's where they make their mark schemes from. So use wording from the spec

Of course, revise over the topics you're unsure of, make revision cards etc. there are some podcasts on bitesize you may want to look at.
    Also, at the beginning of each topic on the specification, it has a few things that you should be able to evaluate. E.g. in vitro fertilisation, use of plant hormones for weedkillers, cloning, GM crops. Do little cards with advantages and disadvantages as these could be 6 markers.

Other 6 markers could be like a process. E.g. the menstrual cycle, evolution, reflex arc. So make sure you know these pretty well so you can write a six marker on these.
    Wow Thanks so much! And if you could send them over that would be so helpful. I'm going to go now and read through the specification and I've been just doing the specimen paper, so hopefully it will all pay off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirectionerAlert)
    Hi! yeah I have one too on Wednesday in the afternoon i'm doing higher. I think everything will come up from the aqa science A textbook if you're doing higher so like drugs in sport, plant growth, evolution e.t.c I hate science so I can't wait to get over and down with anyways good luck
    Hey you're a Directioner tooo! I can't wait to get Biology done since its like my weakest one out of the other sciences but like i'm trying to revise as much as I can and now with a few new tips i'm going to do them!

ReputationRep:
    Hey you're a Directioner tooo! I can't wait to get Biology done since its like my weakest one out of the other sciences but like i'm trying to revise as much as I can and now with a few new tips i'm going to do them!
    I'm retaking to get 100 ums, cos i got 97 last time

I'm basiclly leaving most of it till after my exam tomorrow. I've read the book about 3 times only, but in all fairness I just needed to refresh my memory, which it did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king_revision)
    I'm retaking to get 100 ums, cos i got 97 last time

I'm basiclly leaving most of it till after my exam tomorrow. I've read the book about 3 times only, but in all fairness I just needed to refresh my memory, which it did.
    I only got 80 UMS points in my mock so that's why I'm freaking out about this one but to be honest in my mock I was not that prepared. But like I can't believe you were 3 points short! At least your school lets you take re-sits whereas mine doesn't, so I'm stuck with this grade that I will get!

ReputationRep:
    I only got 80 UMS points in my mock so that's why I'm freaking out about this one but to be honest in my mock I was not that prepared. But like I can't believe you were 3 points short! At least your school lets you take re-sits whereas mine doesn't, so I'm stuck with this grade that I will get!
    In all fairness, we're not allowed to do resits most of the time, but I told my mother to call in and get them to put the exam on. It did cost a considerable price seen as it was short notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king_revision)
    In all fairness, we're not allowed to do resits most of the time, but I told my mother to call in and get them to put the exam on. It did cost a considerable price seen as it was short notice.
    Ohh okay, well if this doesn't work out then I'm hoping to do a re-sit out of school!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2013
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.