The Student Room Group

NERVOUS!! Wrote part of my maths IGCSE paper in pencil..!

I dont know why...but i drew my probability tree diagram in pencil...as far as i remember that carried a lot of marks..
Please someone please tell me if it will be visible to the examiner.
the worst part is that it was an easy paper!!

PLease reply..i just cant carry on with my revision!!

This is the edexcel IGCSE mathematics B paper that i sat for.:frown:
Reply 1
they usually use black as it is more clear when scanned as examiners mark scripts on screen but if there are any issues, that question or your whole paper will probably be taken for review and marked differently but you shouldn't lose any marks
Reply 2
Don't worry, it's happened to a few friends in the past and not a single mark lost. One friend only got to question two when his pen ran out of ink and he had to do the rest in pencil, he still got a B/A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately, nobody can say for certain. There are plenty of stories of people who wrote in pencil and it all ended well but there are also people who say that it can't be picked up. Whilst it's probably fine (and if it isn't you can always have it remarked) there's no point stressing about it.
Reply 4
I would say you will be okay as long as you didn't just drift over the paper and you actually pushed on the pencil like a normal person :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt it would hurt to ask your teacher - they might contact the exam board just to make sure it gets seen. There's probably nothing to worry about, but you can't lose anything from doing so. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by HBunn
Don't worry, it's happened to a few friends in the past and not a single mark lost. One friend only got to question two when his pen ran out of ink and he had to do the rest in pencil, he still got a B/A.

Thanks buddy!! that was a relief!!

hopefully everything goes well..:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest