Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Laptops are hader to fix than Desktops.
But laptops are better in power cuts cos they have batteries
There was a power cut here the other day and mum was in a panic cos her stuff hadn't saved or anything and I was just sitting there carrying on with what I was doing
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
so if i had a 802.11b Wi-Fi Wireless Adapter, would u suggest that it would be more advisable to have centrino as opposed to athlon?
I wouldn't get centrino because the processors are too slow. But probably. Also intel has been around longer so you have more product workmanship security.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
But laptops are better in power cuts cos they have batteries
There was a power cut here the other day and mum was in a panic cos her stuff hadn't saved or anything and I was just sitting there carrying on with what I was doing
Laptops cost a whole lot for if you want lots of technology. Tell your mom to buy a surge protector with a battery backup. Then when the power goes out her computer will stay on and she will have about thirty minutes to save her work.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been using AMD products since 1998 and I have not had one single issue with reliablity at all.

As for a power cut well I do have a laptop (P233 64MB RAM) but its old. I have never once experienced a power cut with the 21 years of my life. If the power is off it is because I am working on the electrics.
fred0202
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
DONT buy a Tiny, their technical is probably the worst I have ever experienced. You could try Dell, they always have good prices and their technical support is pretty good.

As for this AMD vs. Intel, unlike desktops, Intel has a real advantage here due to the Centrino. This processor may have low Mhz but it is very efficiently designed and has a large L2 cache so performs about a 1Ghz faster than it's quoted speed.

But don't look just at the processor for speed, look at the HDD rpm, RAM size and speed, graphics card (for games), because one poor part can bring a sytem down due to creating a bottleneck.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (291)
34.15%
No (561)
65.85%

Watched Threads