Has Bra sizing changed in recent years?

Watch
honeyandlemon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My best friend is a 32DD and her boobs are not big at all. Of course, a DD with a small backsize will not be massive, but even so her chest is really not much. I'm 22 and I wore a 32dd when I was 15. I still have some of my old 32dd bras in my draw. I feel like my 32DD chest I had six years ago is bigger than the chest my friend has now.

Has bra sizing changed in recent years? I feel like these days small boobs are getting labelled a lot bigger than you'd imagine.
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bra sizing changes from store to store never mind over the years.
tibbles209
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It even varies between different bras in the same store. I went bra shopping in new look yesterday and tried on a 34C which was massive on me and ended up buying a different bra in a 34 DD which fitted perfectly :confused:
Amplify
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girls have got fatter over the years; the changes in bra sizes are needed to accommodate the ever-growing girls of this generation.
tibbles209
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Amplify)
Girls have got fatter over the years; the changes in bra sizes are needed to accommodate the ever-growing girls of this generation.
Surely if that were the case a DD would look bigger now than it used to, instead of smaller?
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I doubt it's over the years - it's different in every store you go to. I'm a 32DD in M&S, Boux Avenue and Ann Summers. However, I'm a 34D in Primark which fits me weirdly -- the cup is too small, yet the band too big. I'd probably be a 32F there if that existed.

Also, your friend could be wearing the wrong size bra. Does she measure herself or get measured by a pro?
honeyandlemon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Yeah she did get measured by a pro. I think bra sizing has changed.
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, DD is just a small cupsize. Bra sizing has changed since the 30s, where bras were made with less elastic, and so you had to add inches to the band size. Now, you don't have to. But some stores still do this because they'reincorrectly fitting people. So the result is you have someone wearig a 36D when they should be a 32G. Inflating people's ideas of cupsize
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd imagine any kind of "sizing" has changed due to vanity sizing. Basically, your clothes lie
honeyandlemon
Rep:
?
I prefer the old sizing. I'm sick of these crazy modern sizes like 28G etc, which really aren't rare anymore
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by honeyandlemon)
I prefer the old sizing. I'm sick of these crazy modern sizes like 28G etc, which really aren't rare anymore
The old sizes were uncomfortable due to lack of elastic, which is why it was changed. There is nothing crazy about a 28G

Posted from TSR Mobile
honeyandlemon
Rep:
?
I suppose as new sizing comes in, perception will change and being a DD etc will no longer be associated with a large bust
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Bra Band Project is really useful for seeing how properly-fitted sizes actually look. Maybe you were wearing a 32DD, but it might not have been the best size for you. A proper 32DD really isn't that big at all! Hopefully people will start to change their perceptions of sizes soon, and then hopefully shops and manufacturers will, too. I will be super happy the day that I can find a 28 band bra in more than 1 of the 8 or so bra-selling shops in my local shopping centre!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.61%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.3%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (445)
48.16%

Watched Threads