The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing, University of Leeds - Ask a 1st year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emilyslack
Hi, I've applied for Adult Nursing at University of Leeds and I have an interview on Thursday and I'm just wanting some advise on what to expect? And if the group task will be difficult? :-)

Hi, how did your interview go? I have an interview for Adult Nursing at Leeds Uni on the 3rd of December. Can you tell me how you interview went please, what you did and what I can expect too? What your group task was and anything else... I would really appreciate it! Many thanks! :smile:
Reply 61
hi lauren, I've got an interview for adult nursing in Leeds coming up.I'm rather nervous about the group activity bit, do you have any advice.Many thanks
Reply 62
hi lauren, I've got an interview for adult nursing in Leeds coming up.I'm rather nervous about the group activity bit, do you have any advice.Many thanks
Original post by G-gal

Hi, congratulations on being accepted for an interview! I have an interview for adult nursing at Leeds too- on 3rd December. When is yours? I am very nervous about the group activity too, have you done anything to prepare yourself for it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 64
Hi guys, i have an interview on the 10th December! any advice on what to expect on the maths tests and the whole interview in general??? I have an interview at Manchester Uni Tomorrow!! :frown: dreading it.
Reply 65
Hi Lauren i would like to know the kind of question dey ask both English and Maths please thank you
Hi there! I've just got my invite to selection day through for 6th january can anyone tell me their experience? I'm quite nervous as to what it'll be like!
Original post by betty-boo
Hi there! I've just got my invite to selection day through for 6th january can anyone tell me their experience? I'm quite nervous as to what it'll be like!
Hi I've got mine on the 9th January.:smile:
Reply 68
Got an interview an the university of Leeds for adult nursing 6th January ... Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I've got an interview on the 15th of jan. Can anyone give me any advice of the things we will be doing and need to know?
Reply 70
Mine was actually yesterday and in the group interview you pick a topic and write down a few things about it working in a team and a teacher will come over (they're all really nice) and ask several questions around the group. Don't be afraid if you have to speak last as you can build your answer whilst waiting and listening to others :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Watch out for a trick question though this caught me out but then I said why it wouldn't be a good idea after

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by betty-boo
Hey how did it go? (if u don't mid me asking)?
Original post by nadzworldz
Hey how did it go? (if u don't mid me asking)?

Ofcourse not, its really laid back and they put you at ease! The maths was 25 questions in 30 minutes but most were finished in 20 minutes. Make sure you know how to times fractions together, find a fraction of a whole number like: 2/5 of 600, change fractions into percentage and conversions like kg-g, L-ml. It's really not that bad and i hate maths :smile: The interview is groups of about 4 sat around a table and you have to discuss about the normal things like skills and all that and lecturers come round and ask you all questions some are like why do you want to be a nurse/what experience have you got? and others are scenario type questions some are a bit tricky like Hroome7 said but most are common sense. Just try to be confident and I'm sure you'll do great :smile: I found it went ok so fingers crossed!
Original post by betty-boo96
Ofcourse not, its really laid back and they put you at ease! The maths was 25 questions in 30 minutes but most were finished in 20 minutes. Make sure you know how to times fractions together, find a fraction of a whole number like: 2/5 of 600, change fractions into percentage and conversions like kg-g, L-ml. It's really not that bad and i hate maths :smile: The interview is groups of about 4 sat around a table and you have to discuss about the normal things like skills and all that and lecturers come round and ask you all questions some are like why do you want to be a nurse/what experience have you got? and others are scenario type questions some are a bit tricky like Hroome7 said but most are common sense. Just try to be confident and I'm sure you'll do great :smile: I found it went ok so fingers crossed!
Yes thank you very much, that helped. Answering the questions such why do you want to be a nurse? might be a something i need to think about as I want to give a good answer.:smile:
Original post by nadzworldz
Yes thank you very much, that helped. Answering the questions such why do you want to be a nurse? might be a something i need to think about as I want to give a good answer.:smile:

Good! Good luck for it I'm sure you'll do fine, they just want to know you're committed, caring and genuine:smile: Ive got an offer today from them so hopefully you'll not have to wait too long, they did say 2-3 weeks but it seems its not that long :smile:
Original post by betty-boo96
Good! Good luck for it I'm sure you'll do fine, they just want to know you're committed, caring and genuine:smile: Ive got an offer today from them so hopefully you'll not have to wait too long, they did say 2-3 weeks but it seems its not that long :smile:
Thank you and I hope so and congratulations on your offer! :smile:
Reply 77
Hello all
I have an interview at leeds next month.: any tips would be appreciated on the maths test?
Thanks xx
Reply 78
Original post by Cn93xx
Hello all
I have an interview at leeds next month.: any tips would be appreciated on the maths test?
Thanks xx

When is your interview? I have one on the 12th! Very nervy already!
Reply 79
Original post by sssjay22
When is your interview? I have one on the 12th! Very nervy already!

Me too!!! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending