The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE History B Unit 2: Twentieth Century Depth Studies - 10th June 2013

Thread for AQA History B unit 2 on monday 10th June.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heres a handy tool i made for finding out what mark you need in the exam to get what grade you want,

http://sdrv.ms/19BW65l
Just had Unit 1 resit today, was really good :smile:
I didn't leave any lines between my answers in the aqa 12 page answer booklet, I just started my next answer where the next line with question number boxes next to it was... Is this really bad? I asked the head of external exams at my school and she said not to worry but I'm panicking. I didn't see that it said to leave at least two lines between answers on the front of the booklet. Is it important to do that? What is it for? All my answers had the question numbers next to the first line of them. Does that mean I'll be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by MsLoreleiLee
I didn't leave any lines between my answers in the aqa 12 page answer booklet, I just started my next answer where the next line with question number boxes next to it was... Is this really bad? I asked the head of external exams at my school and she said not to worry but I'm panicking. I didn't see that it said to leave at least two lines between answers on the front of the booklet. Is it important to do that? What is it for? All my answers had the question numbers next to the first line of them. Does that mean I'll be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you've failed.

Nah should be okay
Reply 5
Original post by MsLoreleiLee

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you've put the question number in the margins, I don't see why that should be a problem..

I did the exam too, how did you find it?
Reply 6
Original post by PINKFLEUR
As long as you've put the question number in the margins, I don't see why that should be a problem..

I did the exam too, how did you find it?

The exam wasn't what I expected it to be like. In all honesty, I thought this paper was a lot harder than last year's one. What topics did you do?

I did the following:

1. Origins of the First World War (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
2. League of Nations (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
3. Origins of the Cold War (4 marker was alright I suppose; 6 marker wasn't too bad; and the 10 marker was RUBBISH. Thing is, I knew what I wanted to say, but I only had 10 minutes. When I read over it quickly at the end, it sounded crap and it didn't relate back to the question).
Reply 7
Original post by MrMusicLTD
The exam wasn't what I expected it to be like. In all honesty, I thought this paper was a lot harder than last year's one. What topics did you do?

I did the following:

1. Origins of the First World War (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
2. League of Nations (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
3. Origins of the Cold War (4 marker was alright I suppose; 6 marker wasn't too bad; and the 10 marker was RUBBISH. Thing is, I knew what I wanted to say, but I only had 10 minutes. When I read over it quickly at the end, it sounded crap and it didn't relate back to the question).

Oh dear excuse me, I didn't do AQA; I did OCR. :colondollar:

But your exam really does sound tricky. The only thing I can relate to is that I did a part on the League of Nations too.

Don't worry - I'm sure you did great! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by PINKFLEUR
Oh dear excuse me, I didn't do AQA; I did OCR. :colondollar:

But your exam really does sound tricky. The only thing I can relate to is that I did a part on the League of Nations too.

Don't worry - I'm sure you did great! :smile:

Haha, it's okay. I'm sure you did well too :smile:
Hey guys do any of you have good resources for unit 2?
Reply 10
Original post by samelcock
Heres a handy tool i made for finding out what mark you need in the exam to get what grade you want,

http://sdrv.ms/19BW65l

Got full UMS so far! So could get a C without even doing the exam. Want an A* which I need 36/60 for!
Reply 11
Hi, I am doing the OCR paper on 10th June. Any good resources would be greatly appreciated. I haven't started revising this as still have other exams this week.:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by chatty
Hi, I am doing the OCR paper on 10th June. Any good resources would be greatly appreciated. I haven't started revising this as still have other exams this week.:smile:

Look on youtube and type in your topic into google people post revision packs etc. I would suggest getting some revision started now!
Original post by bbadonde2
Got full UMS so far! So could get a C without even doing the exam. Want an A* which I need 36/60 for!

Lucky you! I need 48/60 in the exam to get an A* as my coursework somehow ended up being a C, even though I got full UMS marks in the exam:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TylerHatesFags
Hey guys do any of you have good resources for unit 2?

GetRevising has very good notes for this exam. If you can't find any, I'll be happy to upload the ones I've got from there:smile:

+This thread needs more people!!!
Reply 15
Original post by bbadonde2

Same LOL
Reply 16
Any resources for unit 2 guys? I'm doing Roaring 20s, either Hitler's Germany, Race relations or Vietnam
Reply 17
Original post by iOFWGKTA
Any resources for unit 2 guys? I'm doing Roaring 20s, either Hitler's Germany, Race relations or Vietnam

I'm struggling to find any. I'm going to write up a structure guide today and I can PM you that if you want.
Reply 18
Original post by Farhan96
I'm struggling to find any. I'm going to write up a structure guide today and I can PM you that if you want.

Iyt i'd appreciate that
Reply 19
Original post by iOFWGKTA
Iyt i'd appreciate that

No problem.

Quick Reply

Latest