Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thread for AQA History B unit 2 on monday 10th June.

ReputationRep:
    Heres a handy tool i made for finding out what mark you need in the exam to get what grade you want,

http://sdrv.ms/19BW65l

ReputationRep:
    Just had Unit 1 resit today, was really good

ReputationRep:
    I didn't leave any lines between my answers in the aqa 12 page answer booklet, I just started my next answer where the next line with question number boxes next to it was... Is this really bad? I asked the head of external exams at my school and she said not to worry but I'm panicking. I didn't see that it said to leave at least two lines between answers on the front of the booklet. Is it important to do that? What is it for? All my answers had the question numbers next to the first line of them. Does that mean I'll be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsLoreleiLee)
    I didn't leave any lines between my answers in the aqa 12 page answer booklet, I just started my next answer where the next line with question number boxes next to it was... Is this really bad? I asked the head of external exams at my school and she said not to worry but I'm panicking. I didn't see that it said to leave at least two lines between answers on the front of the booklet. Is it important to do that? What is it for? All my answers had the question numbers next to the first line of them. Does that mean I'll be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you've failed.

Nah should be okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsLoreleiLee)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As long as you've put the question number in the margins, I don't see why that should be a problem..

I did the exam too, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    As long as you've put the question number in the margins, I don't see why that should be a problem..

I did the exam too, how did you find it?
    The exam wasn't what I expected it to be like. In all honesty, I thought this paper was a lot harder than last year's one. What topics did you do?

I did the following:

1. Origins of the First World War (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
    2. League of Nations (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
    3. Origins of the Cold War (4 marker was alright I suppose; 6 marker wasn't too bad; and the 10 marker was RUBBISH. Thing is, I knew what I wanted to say, but I only had 10 minutes. When I read over it quickly at the end, it sounded crap and it didn't relate back to the question).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMusicLTD)
    The exam wasn't what I expected it to be like. In all honesty, I thought this paper was a lot harder than last year's one. What topics did you do?

I did the following:

1. Origins of the First World War (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
    2. League of Nations (4 marker was alright; 6 marker was alright; and the 10 marker was good).
    3. Origins of the Cold War (4 marker was alright I suppose; 6 marker wasn't too bad; and the 10 marker was RUBBISH. Thing is, I knew what I wanted to say, but I only had 10 minutes. When I read over it quickly at the end, it sounded crap and it didn't relate back to the question).
    Oh dear excuse me, I didn't do AQA; I did OCR.

But your exam really does sound tricky. The only thing I can relate to is that I did a part on the League of Nations too.

Don't worry - I'm sure you did great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Oh dear excuse me, I didn't do AQA; I did OCR.

But your exam really does sound tricky. The only thing I can relate to is that I did a part on the League of Nations too.

Don't worry - I'm sure you did great!
    Haha, it's okay. I'm sure you did well too

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys do any of you have good resources for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samelcock)
    Heres a handy tool i made for finding out what mark you need in the exam to get what grade you want,

http://sdrv.ms/19BW65l
    Got full UMS so far! So could get a C without even doing the exam. Want an A* which I need 36/60 for!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am doing the OCR paper on 10th June. Any good resources would be greatly appreciated. I haven't started revising this as still have other exams this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty)
    Hi, I am doing the OCR paper on 10th June. Any good resources would be greatly appreciated. I haven't started revising this as still have other exams this week.
    Look on youtube and type in your topic into google people post revision packs etc. I would suggest getting some revision started now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbadonde2)
    Got full UMS so far! So could get a C without even doing the exam. Want an A* which I need 36/60 for!
    Lucky you! I need 48/60 in the exam to get an A* as my coursework somehow ended up being a C, even though I got full UMS marks in the exam:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TylerHatesFags)
    Hey guys do any of you have good resources for unit 2?
    GetRevising has very good notes for this exam. If you can't find any, I'll be happy to upload the ones I've got from there

+This thread needs more people!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbadonde2)
    Same LOL

ReputationRep:
    Any resources for unit 2 guys? I'm doing Roaring 20s, either Hitler's Germany, Race relations or Vietnam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iOFWGKTA)
    Any resources for unit 2 guys? I'm doing Roaring 20s, either Hitler's Germany, Race relations or Vietnam
    I'm struggling to find any. I'm going to write up a structure guide today and I can PM you that if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    I'm struggling to find any. I'm going to write up a structure guide today and I can PM you that if you want.
    Iyt i'd appreciate that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iOFWGKTA)
    Iyt i'd appreciate that
    No problem.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.