The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography A Unit 2: Human Geography 12th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Human156
although the spec does say to learn about a non-birth control policy, it doesn't actually say that it has to help achieve sustainable development - in the CGP guide, there are 2 case studies about coping with rapid population growth (China&Indonesia) and the CGP clearly says that the Indonesian Transmigration policy didn't help to achieve sustainable development because the population continued to grow rapidly

I only learned China and Indonesia, so in the exam I wrote some stuff about emancipation of women (and mentioned that this was done in Kerala), and that immigration could be limited, but I didn't say anything very specific..... oh well :biggrin:

To be fair though Cgp isn't always that great and you should always read the exam boards specification and use their text books as they give you more specific and detailed stuff to use in the exam .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since each paper is now out of 84, how many marks for a C for the Physical paper ?
Reply 462
Grade boundaries are out and only the human paper seems to be out of 84
Wahey! I put France and got an A in this exam.
I got an A* in geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an A* in physical and human paper but a B in unit 3 (moderated down from A*) so an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
Really happy with the results! A* overall with full marks in both tests! Hope everyone else did well.
Does anyone have the paper for this exam? Or remember some questions
Can anyone remember any questions on ; population change, globalisation, urbanisation and restless earth, living world, coasts
Did you get the mark scheme?
I think the food question was from the globalisation section?
Original post by MC-A
Looks like I'm the only one to have done Urbanisation, Tourism and Globalisation.

I'm doing exactly the same as you. Do you remember the 8 mark question on globalisation?
Original post by tayloryeah
Did you get the mark scheme?

do you have the mark scheme??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending