The Student Room Group

How lenient is the insurance offer?

Hi, basically I received a conditional offer from DMU so I put it as my insurance, the course is Economics and they are asking for 280 UCAS points, does this have to be made up of 3 A Levels or can it be made up of 3 A Levels and a number of other qualifications? Realistically I think I will get CCC which is 240 UCAS points but I also have a D and E at AS level and 20 more UCAS points from another qualification which adds up to 310 UCAS points. Do I stand a chance in being accepted?

Also, does anyone know if DMU went into clearing last year, and if so, by how much?
(edited 10 years ago)
You're better off contacting the admissions team mate. They'll have better knowledge of their leniency policy than students on a web forum.

Hope it goes well.
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel Prince
You're better off contacting the admissions team mate. They'll have better knowledge of their leniency policy than students on a web forum.<br />
<br />
Hope it goes well.
<br />
<br />

Yeah good point, thanks. Do you think it's a clever idea telling them I may miss my grades though?
Original post by MrChuckNorris
<br />
<br />

Yeah good point, thanks. Do you think it's a clever idea telling them I may miss my grades though?

Well, you have to be honest. But don't say it directly that you think you'll tank it.

Instead of saying "I think I won't get the grades" instead say "If I don't achieve the required grades...." It makes you seem less hopeless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending