The Student Room Group

Choosing University

1.loughborough university 2.manchester university 3.brunel university 4.queen mary university of london 5. plymouth university.which university is better for mechanical engineering and which one do you prefer ???
Original post by A.G01
1.loughborough university 2.manchester university 3.brunel university 4.queen mary university of london 5. plymouth university.which university is better for mechanical engineering and which one do you prefer ???

I personally prefer queen mary
Original post by A.G01

Manchester = Loughborough > QM >> Brunel >>>> Plymouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Prospective UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree entirely.
Reply 4
manchester or loughborough ???
Original post by Prospective UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by McMurdo
Agree entirely.

Yeah but in terms of location/nightlife etc

manchester >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lboro
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
1)manchester
2)queen marry
Original post by A.G01

Which Mech Eng are you applying for? Straight BEng, MEng, Industrial Placement and/or International Placement. Either way I would personally go with Loughborough as it seems to be the best course in terms of value added. They're all Accredited so you can go for CEng status and although Manchester looks good on the CV it'll only get you so far.

You have Lboro's Diploma of Industrial Studies or Diploma of International Studies. Which I think would be an amazing thing to have on your CV because let's face it you want to apply to global companies at the end of your degree and there is no better way to show them you can operate in diverse cultural environments. Even applying to UK operating companies they will still value an employee with cultural awareness of key markets.

Another thing is having just entered the RG Loughborough may have some cash to spend. Also bearing in mind that in 2011 they opened a new Design school so it'll have high standards of equipment.

I'm not saying the other courses won't be good but it just seems like the Lboro course is a way better way to have an edge post-graduation.
Original post by A.G01
manchester or loughborough ???

Loughborough has a particularly good reputation for engineering (and extra curricular sport), though Manchester is also good.

You do, however, want to consider where you are going to be living. Loughborough is a God forsaken small town whose main selling point is it's proximity to Nottingham, Leicester and Derby. I visited and couldn't stand the thought of being there for 3 years. Manchester is.... Awesome. It has everything you could want except a beach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
brunel or queen mary for mechanical engineering which one do you prefer ?
Reply 10
Original post by A.G01
brunel or queen mary for mechanical engineering which one do you prefer ?

Brunel anytime:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by smileyxx

any reason of choosing brunel over queen mary ?
Reply 12
Original post by TylerHatesFags
I personally prefer queen mary

I agree out of all the 5 options presented I would pick Queen mary
Reply 13
Original post by Rajvir
I agree out of all the 5 options presented I would pick Queen mary
But Whyyyyyy ?????????
Reply 14
Original post by A.G01
any reason of choosing brunel over queen mary ?

Student satisfaction, campus,sports,nightlife,accomodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest