The Student Room Group

GCSE requirements Natural Sciences Nottingham

Hey all

Im thinking of applying to Nottingham for natural sciences for 2014 entry- but i cant find any information on GCSE requirements. Ive emailed the department twice and no reply.
Im a bit worried because I got a C in gcse maths, which for some unis isnt good enough.
Im actually retaking aqa unit 3 next week to try and pull it up to a B...but at the rate its going its looking unlikely :frown:

For any of you who are studying at nottingham now what were your gcse's like?
btw, i want to do the biology, geography, archaeology pathway- and im thinking that because the biological sciences stand alone degree only requires a C then the natural sciences will as well???

Reply 1
Original post by ***OpenSky***
Hey all

Im thinking of applying to Nottingham for natural sciences for 2014 entry- but i cant find any information on GCSE requirements. Ive emailed the department twice and no reply.
Im a bit worried because I got a C in gcse maths, which for some unis isnt good enough.
Im actually retaking aqa unit 3 next week to try and pull it up to a B...but at the rate its going its looking unlikely :frown:

For any of you who are studying at nottingham now what were your gcse's like?
btw, i want to do the biology, geography, archaeology pathway- and im thinking that because the biological sciences stand alone degree only requires a C then the natural sciences will as well???

I've had a good look at the website too. And I can't find any mention of GCSE requirements either. And they quite easy to find for other subjects. It seems as though they don't stipulate GCSEs. Which seems odd, for sciences. I think you're right to contact Notts direct. Keep trying. You could try different contact points - general enquiries for the uni as well as the department. Or you could call them.

good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending