?
Report 8 years ago
just practice on writing essays.
ddaappoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays. essays.
bundlez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by swissking)
just practice on writing essays.
Im finding section B easy, its just the section related to research im struggling with. I dont know what tor esearch or how
Gurd33p
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bundlez)
Im finding section B easy, its just the section related to research im struggling with. I dont know what tor esearch or how
research companies that cross over with loads of different topics as well as culture. For example, Royal Mail has culture, leadership, technology, change process, legal environment (de-regulation), competitive environment.

Just search the keywords on Tutor2u. That's what i've been doing
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/

I'm only learning about 5/6 companies but making sure that they cover a variety of topics
bundlez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gurd33p)
research companies that cross over with loads of different topics as well as culture. For example, Royal Mail has culture, leadership, technology, change process, legal environment (de-regulation), competitive environment.

Just search the keywords on Tutor2u. That's what i've been doing
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/

I'm only learning about 5/6 companies but making sure that they cover a variety of topics
How would you structure your answer for a section A question ?
Gurd33p
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How would you structure your answer for a section A question ?
Introduction
definition
current climate of topic/setting the scene

Point 1
evidence/example (use case study example)
analyse
evaluate

Point 2
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Point 3 (counter argument)
analyse
evaluate

Point 4 (counter argument)
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Evaluation
answering the question
it depends on factors

The paragraphs don't need to be long, they just need to have the right structure and info to get the marks. I would also only do a point 4 if there was enough time.

if u want to look at examples look at the tutor2u ultimate guide to essay writing.
Jim Riley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How do you revise for this exam ? Help :confused:
Practice planning answers to essay titles - and then practice writing paragraph points. One strong paragraph point can get you to L5 for good application and good analysis

Jim
cera ess six
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jim Riley)
Practice planning answers to essay titles - and then practice writing paragraph points. One strong paragraph point can get you to L5 for good application and good analysis

Jim
Could you give an example of a L5 paragraph or a frame for it please
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm very lucky, I will have had no exams for 2 weeks before this one.
Loucol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hello all- does anyone have any idea of what may come up? like what your teachers have suggested ? (esspecially for sec b)
llmpxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Were our teachers supposed to give us a topic to research? Because i dont think i have been given one.

I dont know what to research or how?!

Also, any tips on essay structure would be great
Aamna01
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by llmpxx)
Were our teachers supposed to give us a topic to research? Because i dont think i have been given one.

I dont know what to research or how?!

Also, any tips on essay structure would be great
hey the research theme is Culture and we have to just have a few strong examples of businesses who have a good or weak culture
bundlez
Rep:
?
Can someone please upload there research ??
CodeJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yay, the exam's on my birthday, lets how this goes well...
haaaay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gurd33p)
Introduction
definition
current climate of topic/setting the scene

Point 1
analyse
evaluate

Point 2
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Point 3 (counter argument)
analyse
evaluate

Point 4 (counter argument)
evidence/example
analyse
evaluate

Evaluation
answering the question
it depends on factors

The paragraphs don't need to be long, they just need to have the right structure and info to get the marks. I would also only do a point 4 if there was enough time.

if u want to look at examples look at the tutor2u ultimate guide to essay writing.
what if you dont know about the example given in the case study?
TopStudent258
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by haaaay)
what if you dont know about the example given in the case study?
There is significant data that can be used from the case study you just have to refer to it. Most likely there will be an example of a toxic culture i.e. barclays with the change of CEO to Antony Jenkins. Due to the Libor Scandal being major I have a great feeling it will come up.
maxbillson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
HELP
A00
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Clueless about this exam. I dont exactly know what to revise. I've been looking for weeks. im studying businesses here and there, tutor2u mentions innovation at apple blah blah, all this, but none of i see helping me in the exam. Cansomeone say in one sentence what i actually need to KNOW and STUDY for the exam. I've asked countless people and they waffle on about different things never answer the question, just do this, do a bit of that, then do this, link this to that business, talk about culture here and there... i dont get lol. I dont like this exam at all.

Basiclly you have to ramble on for an hour about culturein certain businesses am i right, relate it to the 5 points given, write in the normal way we've written for other exams, points for and against ect.. maybe knowledge to why that business went like that, the cause of it... how its being dealt with ? This is what comes to my mind, i just dont have a clue how to revise.
haaaay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
does anyone have any good businesses that are easy to remember and have loads of good data about good or bad culture?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (26)
5.74%
Uncertainty around my education (51)
11.26%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (54)
11.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (59)
13.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (24)
5.3%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (20)
4.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (46)
10.15%
Financial worries (28)
6.18%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
4.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (30)
6.62%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (44)
9.71%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
8.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed