The Student Room Group

OCR psychology GCSE - did I answer it wrong?

For the exam on the 3rd of June, the final 10 mark question said to describe one study into the topic obedience and so I did the core theory, situational factors. However loads of people are saying I should have done the core study as it says so in the question, but I thought you could any as it seemed to give you the choice?
Help!!! Did I answer it wrong?
Reply 1
As I've got no response, I checked previous mark schemes and can tell you this is wrong. I know people did the same thing as me, so I thought I'd say on here to anyone else who may have made the same mistake
It was supposed to be for the study, I'm surprised they've done studies on both papers. It's 10 marks, but as long as the rest of the paper is good then hopefully it won't be too bad?
Reply 3
Original post by chelseajanet
It was supposed to be for the study, I'm surprised they've done studies on both papers. It's 10 marks, but as long as the rest of the paper is good then hopefully it won't be too bad?

yeah I misread it which sucks, but I managed to answer the second paper correctly! I was thinking that maybe they may give me some points for it as I did mention the core study as an evaluation point and maybe they may use my description of the theory as an evaluation point and mark that? I don't know, guess we'll have to see.
How did you find both papers?
Original post by LMD1
yeah I misread it which sucks, but I managed to answer the second paper correctly! I was thinking that maybe they may give me some points for it as I did mention the core study as an evaluation point and maybe they may use my description of the theory as an evaluation point and mark that? I don't know, guess we'll have to see.
How did you find both papers?

They should mark anything you say about the study if that's what the question was on. I didn't sit the first paper because I did it in January and got an A, but the second one yesterday seemed okay! I didn't answer the question on an example of a criminal role model though? But it was the only one I skipped and it was only worth one mark. (Although my teacher came up to me afterwards and said she thinks that I have nothing to worry about) I'm dreading the research paper though! I sat Paper 1 and Research early and I got a D in research so I'm really scared :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by chelseajanet
They should mark anything you say about the study if that's what the question was on. I didn't sit the first paper because I did it in January and got an A, but the second one yesterday seemed okay! I didn't answer the question on an example of a criminal role model though? But it was the only one I skipped and it was only worth one mark. (Although my teacher came up to me afterwards and said she thinks that I have nothing to worry about) I'm dreading the research paper though! I sat Paper 1 and Research early and I got a D in research so I'm really scared :s-smilie:

I found some of the questions confusing in the second paper like the criminal role model one, but thought it went okay. How did you find the research paper today? I thought it went okay!
Reply 6
I think all three papers have been quite nice... But the research today was sooo nice, I literally did a past paper that had very similar questions in last night :biggrin: I think paper two was the worst? It's more technical and I hate non verbal communication hahah
Reply 7
Original post by Chamy
I think all three papers have been quite nice... But the research today was sooo nice, I literally did a past paper that had very similar questions in last night :biggrin: I think paper two was the worst? It's more technical and I hate non verbal communication hahah

Yeah same, but there are so many questions you can ask in a research paper without them all being so similar! I don't really know what was worse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending