The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

any mature students going to hull?

As the title says are there any mature students hoping to go to hull? I'm hoping I get accepted for the psychology foundation degree I have also applied to locksmiths in London and west London university as can stay with family down there. I'm 27 with two kids and live in Barton it will be nice to get to know others in a similar situation xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
i am 25 and doing drama and theatre practice so i am.
Reply 3
I'm 22 and will be doing Modern Languages.
Reply 4
23 and doing children's inter-professional studies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks for replying guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Im 33 and doin biology
Reply 7
Ah someone who is closer to my age :smile: what made you all go back to uni now instead of 18/19 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm 20 but I'll be 21 when I start my English degree (with foundation year).

I don't like the term "mature student" as I am most definitely anything but mature.
Reply 9
Doing the same course :smile: We should help out each other!
Reply 10
Oh wow nice to meet someone who will be on the course, how are you? Are you staying in uni accommodation? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by lolly_lou
As the title says are there any mature students hoping to go to hull? I'm hoping I get accepted for the psychology foundation degree I have also applied to locksmiths in London and west London university as can stay with family down there. I'm 27 with two kids and live in Barton it will be nice to get to know others in a similar situation xxx

24, live in Barrow with two kids also!

I am studying Marketing xx
Reply 12
Hi Erin. You're literally Down the road from me :smile: how old are your little ones? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi Erin. You're literally Down the road from me :smile: how old are your little ones? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two girls 5 & 3. How old are yours?

My name is Lauren but I couldn't think of a user name haha. Erin is the name I wanted to give one of my girls but I wasn't allowed.
Reply 14
Original post by Erinnire
Two girls 5 & 3. How old are yours?

My name is Lauren but I couldn't think of a user name haha. Erin is the name I wanted to give one of my girls but I wasn't allowed.

hahaha ooops sorry Lauren, I have a little girl who is 4, starting school in September and a boy who is 2. Have you been given an offer at Hull? xx
Reply 15
hahaha ooops sorry Lauren, I have a little girl who is 4, starting school in September and a boy who is 2. Have you been given an offer at Hull? xx

Yes I've firmed my offer. I am doing an Access Course at Grimsby at the moment (finish in a few weeks!) and i've got all the marks I need to get my offer now so just need to pass the last few things!

Have you decided if you are going to Hull?
Reply 16
Original post by Erinnire
Yes I've firmed my offer. I am doing an Access Course at Grimsby at the moment (finish in a few weeks!) and i've got all the marks I need to get my offer now so just need to pass the last few things!

Have you decided if you are going to Hull?

I've decided hull is my first choice, haven't received an offer from them though so I'm keeping everything crossed. I do have an interview at Grimsby for their foundation degree in counselling if I don't get into the foundation degree at Hull, also applied to Liverpool as well.

If all else fails then I plan on doing an access course either at Grimsby, or Lincoln college. How did you find the access course? x
Reply 17
I've decided hull is my first choice, haven't received an offer from them though so I'm keeping everything crossed. I do have an interview at Grimsby for their foundation degree in counselling if I don't get into the foundation degree at Hull, also applied to Liverpool as well.

If all else fails then I plan on doing an access course either at Grimsby, or Lincoln college. How did you find the access course? x

I know a few people going on to do counselling at Grimsby.

The Access course is good but it is hard work. The tutors are fantastic and it is very rewarding. But don't underestimate actually how many hours you have to put in. Also the funding is changing from next year and it's no longer a free course so that's something to bare in mind. However, it's been a great year and I would recommend it to anyone who needs something extra to get them into Uni!

Is the foundation degree at the Hull Campus?

Have my fingers crossed you get a place!

Hull College do the Access course to if you were looking for somewhere else local.
Reply 18
Hey. The foundation degree is at the hull campus, I can't wait to go (if I get in) but I have a back up plan.

Did you say you we're doing marketing? Is this something you're hoping to get into career wise? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 23 and will be doing psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest