The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Find Your Coursemates - 2013/14 (CU edition)

So I saw this on the University of Derby forum and thought it was an ace idea. The idea is that we can find a network of our coursemates before we even start Uni. Through this you can then either just look with interest or you can choose to add them on here or on Facebook or whatever you want.

Basically you post the name of the course that you will be starting in September and I'll add your name to a list on this post.

FOR EXAMPLE: I would post in this thread 'English Language' (which I will be studying in September) and my username would be added like this. Anyone else taking my course who comments 'English Language' would be added under the same heading.

Accouting and Finance
silene

Ancient History BA
Thaladan
kurtis143
lyztobar

BSc Archaeology
AinsleyBea
mjevin

Architecture
rhiaroo

Biochemistry
Steff99

BSc Biology
Jams

Biomedical science
Efs

Business Management
Nourify

Msc.Chemistry
Bosley
AlexanderCLea

Civil Engineering
ScotchMist
lydia_morris

BA Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
FrustratedGirl

Computer Science
Mellowhigh

Economics
hv03vfx

English Language and literature

MollyRoseScull (language)
I.Parsons (language)
alice1222 (language)
John159 (language and philosophy)
Lozzymaye
LSS (/ literature and German)
Rosie-Rose (/ literature and archaeology)
ktc2
Kelcea (literature)
tasha.h06 (literature)

Exploration and Resource Geology
Ollx
HenryL
Elfie_is_awesome

Geology
nesstargaryen
Auraur

History
sprog101 (& Religious Studies)
roonil-wazlib
nyreejayne
ChibiPillow (& Sociology)

Languages (various)
CarrieW (Japanese and French)
MazCam (French with Spanish)

Law (/and Sociology)
Darkkoneko
12345uni
Joseph W
Eika
CL1212
KateTaylor
Jaameswilliams (& Sociology Integrated)
HarryJDavies

Mathematics
MathsHoe
beckii.s
timmyf1

Mechanical Engineering
sallyt137

Medicine
BeckyRobyn

Neuroimaging
AllyMonique

Occupational Therapy
Shelly1984

Pharmacy
Rhys.morris24

Physics
andromeda24 ( & Astronomy)

Physiotherapy
vassy123

MA Political Communication
chintant4

MSc Psychiatry
Bex W

Psychology
CLPsych
Raeile
Maereth

Sociology
HibbsicleBean19
EmmaH95
sssarahbee

Zoology
JoeHampson
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Msc.Physiotherapy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Psychology with Professional Placement :smile:
Reply 3
Msc in Chemistry :smile:
Original post by Bosley
Msc in Chemistry :smile:

Snap! MChem Chemistry. :smile:
Reply 5
Mathematics G100
Reply 6
Original post by AlexanderCLea
Snap! MChem Chemistry. :smile:

Good good choice!

What halls did you apply for in the end? :smile:
Original post by Bosley
Good good choice!

What halls did you apply for in the end? :smile:

I went for Taly South as my first choice, then Column Hall, Taly North and Taly Court to fill up my first eight choices, and then two I can't even remember for the last two, just to make up the ten. What did you end up applying for? :smile: (Apologies if I already asked this on another thread (I seem to recognise your username), over exam time I forgot everything that wasn't A-Levels.) :L
Reply 8
I went for Taly South as my first choice, then Column Hall, Taly North and Taly Court to fill up my first eight choices, and then two I can't even remember for the last two, just to make up the ten. What did you end up applying for? :smile: (Apologies if I already asked this on another thread (I seem to recognise your username), over exam time I forgot everything that wasn't A-Levels.) :L

Same! How did you think they went and which exam board are you with for Chem?

I remember talking to you (I think) about where I might apply haha, in the end I went for Column Hall as first then Taly South as second, then same with North and Court!
Reply 9
BSc Biology!
Reply 10
English Language and Literature
Reply 11
Law with Sociology :3
Reply 12
BSc Archaeology
Original post by Bosley
Same! How did you think they went and which exam board are you with for Chem?

I remember talking to you (I think) about where I might apply haha, in the end I went for Column Hall as first then Taly South as second, then same with North and Court!

I'm with OCR, and on the whole, I didn't think our exam was too bad. Except for the last question, which was an absolute killer, and a couple of strange questions on entropy in the middle. Hopefully I've got the A I need.

If I'm honest I'm more worried about my Biology exam, as i need to get a B in that, and I have absolutely no idea how that went. Trying not to think too much about it until August 15th, as I can't change anything now.

How were your exams? :smile:
Reply 14
I'm with OCR, and on the whole, I didn't think our exam was too bad. Except for the last question, which was an absolute killer, and a couple of strange questions on entropy in the middle. Hopefully I've got the A I need.

If I'm honest I'm more worried about my Biology exam, as i need to get a B in that, and I have absolutely no idea how that went. Trying not to think too much about it until August 15th, as I can't change anything now.

How were your exams? :smile:

I'm with OCR as well - That last question was very hard! However yeah the rest of it wasn't too challenging so lets hope we both get that A!

Rest of my exams seemed to go well, or lets hope they did at least. I know nothing can be changed now but it's all I can think about haha.
Original post by Bosley
I'm with OCR as well - That last question was very hard! However yeah the rest of it wasn't too challenging so lets hope we both get that A!

Rest of my exams seemed to go well, or lets hope they did at least. I know nothing can be changed now but it's all I can think about haha.

Indeed. Good luck! :biggrin:

My way of stopping myself thinking about it is to keep myself really busy. I've already got work experience, and in my spare time I've set myself the goal of winning the champions league with Macclesfield on Fifa by the end of summer, and watching loads of DVD box sets that I've got lying around. :P
Reply 16
Original post by Darkkoneko
Law with Sociology :3

Hey, I'll be doing law too
Reply 17
BA English Literature and German
Reply 18
MSc Psychiatry
Reply 19
Mechanical Engineering and I'll be living in Senghenydd Hall! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest