The Student Room Group

Are bralet tops too slutty?

Hey, really want to buy some bralet tops for summer, but don't know where to look. I'm not sure if they're too slutty too :frown: help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BlondeChatters15
Hey, really want to buy some bralet tops for summer, but don't know where to look. I'm not sure if they're too slutty too :frown: help

What are bralet tops?
Reply 2
Yeah they aren't nice.
Reply 3
I don't think they are even if I'm not overly keen, but if you like them then you should wear what you wanna wear.

Try ASOS?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by advice_guru
What are bralet tops?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bralet+tops
Reply 5
how are they slutty? especially when ya get women walking around in holiday resorts in bikinis that are far more revealing(which I dont think is slutty either, its swim wear) as long as the woman herself isnt a slut who are we to judge what she wears or wants too.

Heck I'd wear a mankini if it wasnt like a massive thong, and I wasnt so damn hairy lol.

:lol: I knew someone was gonna do this!
Reply 7

Are they called "bralet tops" in french as well? Cos I shop in France a few times a year.
Reply 8
I'm not personally a fan but if you like them go for it. I'm sure New Look/River Island etc sell them.
Reply 9
Looks a bit stripper-ish to me.
thanks, I think they look nice as long as you wear them with the right outfit :smile: i'll look into them now :biggrin:
Reply 11
Googled it, got a boner, there's your answer.
I personally wouldn't wear them but they do look good on some people IF you have the right sort of figure and IF the style isn't too tacky. (I've seen some that have gold zips down the front...)
Wear what you want... If you like it.. I don't think it's right that just because someone wears something, they could be considered to be a slut. And even if they were a sexually free person, who's business is it?
I think if I tried to wear them, they would be wholly unflattering.
If you think they look slutty, maybe you should just play it safe and wear a turtleneck jumper :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Whowhatwhere
Wear what you want... If you like it.. I don't think it's right that just because someone wears something, they could be considered to be a slut. And even if they were a sexually free person, who's business is it?

It depends on whether they had sex with someone already in a relationship, though that person is to blame as well.
I think you can get them from pretty much anywhere - more likely shops where older teens/students go like Topshop (there's probably other places like boohoo but I know they definitely do them!). And I don't think they're too slutty if they're worn right.

If you're worried about it looking like a bra, a printed bralet looks best and I think they don't look as slutty on those with smaller busts. If you want to wear a lace one, DON'T wear lace on the bottom.

To cover up a bit if you want to wear a fitted bottom like high waisted shorts or a pencil either cover your shoulders with a leather jacket or a blazer. Or, cover your legs, with a longer pencil skirt or a maxi skirt.

If its a hotter day or you can get away with less clothing (like a festival or something), team it with an a-line skater skirt above the knee that completely matches or in contrasting colours/patterns.

Another idea would be to wear it with high waisted jeans or trousers with a jacket for an alternative going out look. They look good with high waisted anything.
Reply 18
Original post by desdemonata
I think if I tried to wear them, they would be wholly unflattering.

This.

OP, I had to Google them. I'm not a fan (mainly because of the clothes I personally wear), but if you want to and feel confident, no-one's stopping you!
Original post by Iron Lady
It depends on whether they had sex with someone already in a relationship, though that person is to blame as well.

But how can you determine such a thing through what you wear.

Quick Reply

Latest