The Student Room Group

We need to get this video out!

I just saw this video, and I'm disgusted. As many people as possible should see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=899d2F0i0kE

Note: The video is age restricted, but you can see it here instead if you don't have a YouTube account or are too young: http://sourcefednews.com/atrocities-in-turkey-continue-nsfl/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ok, why the negs? Did you guys even click the link?
Reply 2
Original post by darryshan
Ok, why the negs? Did you guys even click the link?

Theres alot of pro Turkish government on here I believe.
Reply 3
Original post by Apocrypha

Ah. That makes sense.
Reply 4

You mean pro-Islam.

Muslims in general don't like Erdogan, as he's quite the hypocrite. But we'll support him over secularists/kemalists any day, plus, he's made more Islamic reforms for Turkey than any other leader has in the past 100 years. In fact, he's far surpassed any Secular/Kemalist leader in bringing Turkey stability (ie. Economically) than any other as well.

This may help you understand our point of view better.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Al-Mudaari
You mean pro-Islam.

Muslims in general don't like Erdogan, as he's quite the hypocrite. But we'll support him over secularists/kemalists any day, plus, he's made more Islamic reforms for Turkey than any other leader has in the past 100 years. In fact, he's far surpassed any Secular/Kemalist leader in bringing Turkey stability (ie. Econimically) than any other as well.

Well, unless you're Turkish, you're support is irrelevant. He was elected to administer the government of Turkey, not be the new Caliph.
Reply 6
You mean pro-Islam.

Muslims in general don't like Erdogan, as he's quite the hypocrite. But we'll support him over secularists/kemalists any day, plus, he's made more Islamic reforms for Turkey than any other leader has in the past 100 years. In fact, he's far surpassed any Secular/Kemalist leader in bringing Turkey stability (ie. Econimically) than any other as well.

...what's wrong with a secular government?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Well, unless you're Turkish, you're support is irrelevant. He was elected to administer the government of Turkey, not be the new Caliph.

Doesn't matter, I can still have an opinion :smile: And no, no one expects him to be a Caliph.

We just support him over Secularist/Kemalists, due to the Islamic reforms he's brought (in terms of lifting restrictions). Otherwise, Turks may have voted him for similar reasons, or for economical reasons etc.

Original post by Xiomara
...what's wrong with a secular government?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A million things. But in the context of Turkey, banning the hijab, executing people for wearing a hat, trying to change the Qur'an from Arabic to Turkish, banning children from learning about their religion, monitoring and regulating what Imam's can/can't teach etc. are just a few issues that come to mind.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
You mean pro-Islam.

Why are Islamic reforms necessarily a good thing for Turkey? They clearly dont seem to be..?

I see you speak on behalf of all muslims saying you all support Erdogan, apart from the ones who are protesting against him in Turkey of course, but hey, i guess you guys know better than them :smile:
Reply 9
It's irrelevant whether or not you support his political views, the police are totally out of order.
Reply 10
Why are Islamic reforms necessarily a good thing for Turkey? They clearly dont seem to be..?

Well, Unfortunately for you, myself and those who have voted him for the past 10 years certainly do :smile:

I see you speak on behalf of all muslims saying you all support Erdogan, apart from the ones who are protesting against him in Turkey of course, but hey, i guess you guys know better than them :smile:

1. Most Muslims in the world certainly do support him (but that's only against the protesters, not in general).

2. The supporters make a few thousand, and you wish to brush that with 70 million? It was only about 2 years ago he won 50% of the votes (a consistent increase for the last 3 elections he had won).

Truly must be deluded if people believe, within the last year or so, all that support has vanished.

Mahir Zeynalov ‏@MahirZeynalov 13h My observation: Large number of government supporters are going crazy as protests swell day by day. They say Erdogan told us to keep calm.
Retweeted by Shami Witness
(edited 10 years ago)
It's irrelevant whether or not you support his political views, the police are totally out of order.

It's not really irrelevant, the same man who condemns Bashar Al Assad, tells him to step down, further condemns the use of chemical weapons. Who when his own country rises to stop his backward laws, refuses to step down, repels calls that its some form of turkish spring, and then tear gasses his people.

Hypocrite is the right word i believe.
Reply 12
Oh and this probably sums it up best (in regards to why he gets support, especially from Muslims)

Mahir Zeynalov ‏@MahirZeynalov 4h I know many conservative friends who dislike Erdogan but prefer him to any opposition figure.
Oh and this probably sums it up best (in regards to why he gets support, especially from Muslims)

Mahir Zeynalov ‏@MahirZeynalov 4h I know many conservative friends who dislike Erdogan but prefer him to any opposition figure.

You're posting the tweets of a random journalist as if to say everything he says is right?
Reply 14
You're posting the tweets of a random journalist as if to say everything he says is right?

I don't think being in Turkey and having 67k follower makes him just some random journalist. The tweets above also correlates with personal contacts in Istanbul, as well as Academic research in terms of Turkey's population perceptions towards the ruling party.

And finally, a bit of common sense will tell you that with half the nation voting for you not too long ago, you're unlikely to one day wake up and lose all those supporters.
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't think being in Turkey and having 67k follower makes him just some random journalist. The tweets above also correlates with personal contacts in Istanbul, as well as Academic research in terms of Turkey's population perceptions towards the ruling party.

And finally, a bit of common sense will tell you that with half the nation voting for you not too long ago, you're unlikely to one day wake up and lose all those supporters.

67k followers in a country of 74 million. I hear TV coverage of the Riots in Turkey is minimal, and they've tried to restrict internet journalism.

Answer me this, Erdogan called for Assad to stand down, why do you think he did this?
I'd go so far as to say it's better than a religious, or religious leaning one...
Reply 17

So are some of the "protesters".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
I'd go so far as to say it's better than a religious, or religious leaning one...

Of course! Why is everyone acting as if a religious government or theocracy is a valid form of government!?

A million things.

Like what?
Reply 19

Answer me this, Erdogan called for Assad to stand down, why do you think he did this?

Why do you think every Muslim that isn't a Shia or Awali or Alevi (or a supporter of these 3) called for Assad to stand down?

The irony is, these same protesters are complaining that Erdogan "gets involved in foreign affairs", blaming him for terrorist attacks for helping Syrian refugees, Palestinians and Burmanese.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending