I want a nose job but i need advice Watch

Thenearlyguy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
firstly i am not super vain nor do i want it too get chicks i just want to be happy, im not ugly i have really nice features and from the front i look good. But the problem with my nose is it is slightly crocked and my bridge is flat and it is quite big so i will get a nose job but i dont want a super small nose you see i want the same nose without the bump and straight and a tiny bit smaller! cann surgeons do this? how much is it roughly to get one? has anyone had experience of it before?
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
peeps?
Spirande
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's really not worth it. I don't know what procedure you're thinking of but I was considering septorhinoplasty after getting a basketball smashed in my face and breaking my nose.

When operating on the nose there is such a high risk factor and you can end up with all sorts of problems if it goes wrong. Just be happy with how you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spirande)
It's really not worth it. I don't know what procedure you're thinking of but I was considering septorhinoplasty after getting a basketball smashed in my face and breaking my nose.

When operating on the nose there is such a high risk factor and you can end up with all sorts of problems if it goes wrong. Just be happy with how you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
but the things is i wont be, i rlly like everything else of my body but i just want my nose to be back to how it was, you see i broke it when i was younger and just want it restored, i didnt know you get different types of a nose job though!
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
anyone else
laylarose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Thenearlyguy)
firstly i am not super vain nor do i want it too get chicks i just want to be happy, im not ugly i have really nice features and from the front i look good. But the problem with my nose is it is slightly crocked and my bridge is flat and it is quite big so i will get a nose job but i dont want a super small nose you see i want the same nose without the bump and straight and a tiny bit smaller! cann surgeons do this? how much is it roughly to get one? has anyone had experience of it before?
Surgeons can do that, I think nose surgeries range from £2k to about £12k, depending on the surgery done. I personally haven't experienced this surgery before (but hopefully will do in the future) but just ensure that you go to a reputable cosmetic surgeon (e.g. Harley Street in London)
Spirande
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm by no means any expert, but from what I think if the inside part (that central divider bit) is broken as well as the outside you need septorhinoplasty, which is what I was supposed to get. If it is just the outside you need rhinoplasty. The former is more expensive and the NHS is unlikely to pay for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by laylarose)
Surgeons can do that, I think nose surgeries range from £2k to about £12k, depending on the surgery done. I personally haven't experienced this surgery before (but hopefully will do in the future) but just ensure that you go to a reputable cosmetic surgeon (e.g. Harley Street in London)
thank you! wouldnt that one be more expensve tho?
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
I'm by no means any expert, but from what I think if the inside part (that central divider bit) is broken as well as the outside you need septorhinoplasty, which is what I was supposed to get. If it is just the outside you need rhinoplasty. The former is more expensive and the NHS is unlikely to pay for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the NHS may cover it however, i dont know if they will help it cosmetically
laylarose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you! wouldnt that one be more expensve tho?
Unfortunately so. But would you rather pay a less expensive fee for a crappy job and possible medical implications or splash out on a good surgery and aftercare?
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've had septorhinoplasty performed on the NHS, the surgeon did an excellent job and I can breathe SO MUCH BETTER.

PM me if you want more details about it. I can provide before - after photos if you want too.

P.S.

The recovery is not bad at all.
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's really not worth it

[...]

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is why you choose a good surgeon, by researching heavily.

To be honest, there are plenty of people who have had good nose jobs.

I am very happy I got my nose fixed. It's a weight lifted off my shoulders. It was plain ugly before, my side profile is now my strongest feature, whereas before I used to shy away from the camera a lot.

Nose was large, crooked, and had a massive hump (hooked). When I used to smile, you could also see how wide and crooked it was. My smile is now another strong feature since getting it fixed. Confidence and self esteem has def improved too.

And yes a lot of people were critical when I said I wanted to get it sorted out, but now they have seen the results, they can see it was a good move - from both a functional and cosmetic point of view.

Don't let the negative cases deter you, because if done well, the benefits outweigh the negatives.
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by fat_hobbit)
I've had septorhinoplasty performed on the NHS, the surgeon did an excellent job and I can breathe SO MUCH BETTER.

PM me if you want more details about it. I can provide before - after photos if you want too.

P.S.

The recovery is not bad at all.
I defintely will!
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
im not a bad looking chap its just i hate the side of my face and the bump but my gp also said i may qualify for nhs because i cant breathe properly which is true!
scotttb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fat_hobbit)
This is why you choose a good surgeon, by researching heavily.

To be honest, there are plenty of people who have had good nose jobs.

I am very happy I got my nose fixed. It's a weight lifted off my shoulders. It was plain ugly before, my side profile is now my strongest feature, whereas before I used to shy away from the camera a lot.

Nose was large, crooked, and had a massive hump (hooked). When I used to smile, you could also see how wide and crooked it was. My smile is now another strong feature since getting it fixed. Confidence and self esteem has def improved too.

And yes a lot of people were critical when I said I wanted to get it sorted out, but now they have seen the results, they can see it was a good move - from both a functional and cosmetic point of view.

Don't let the negative cases deter you, because if done well, the benefits outweigh the negatives.
So you had it done privately? How much did it cost? I had septoplasty about 3 years ago on the NHS and it didn't help at all.
Edit: NVM just saw your other post above it.
Thenearlyguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by scotttb)
So you had it done privately? How much did it cost? I had septoplasty about 3 years ago on the NHS and it didn't help at all.
why didnt it help? the other guy said his is great? why was your experience different
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I defintely will!
PM sent.

Let me know if you have any questions.
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by scotttb)
Did he just perform septoplasty? Or was it septorhinoplasty, where they not only fix your septum but improve the nose cosmetically?

Sorry to hear about your experience, with everything cosmetic it comes down to the skill of the surgeon - have you considered going for a revision?
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i have got a big nose as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (368)
44.39%
No (87)
10.49%
I'm not old enough (374)
45.11%

Watched Threads