The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You're thinking really far ahead...don't worry about careers until you have to :-) For either career it's important to get at least a 2.1 in every year, if possible (first year results do count when applying for vacation schemes and training contracts). Most people at going for the Bar tend to come from Oxbridge / London Universities, but that shouldn't stop you from trying it too. Chambers seem to want people with firsts and high 2.1's (who have climbed mountains / found a cure for a random disease / set up their own business / given free legal help in every inner city advice centre). Hope it helps ;-)
Mark_KK
I am (hopefully) going to Hull to do Law with Politics this September. My initial idea was to try for a Solicitor but now I am undecided as to if this is where I want to take things.

I have thought of trying to be a Barrister but it (apparantly) much harder and it seems that if you are not getting a at least a 2:1 from a "big 5" uni then you are wasting your time.

Does anyone know anything that could help me out?

what a level grades are u likley to get?

I'd say you could become a barrister after going to hull, but you've got a better chance of becoming one if you goto oxbridge, durham, LSE etc.
Reply 3
iiikewldude
what a level grades are u likley to get?

I'd say you could become a barrister after going to hull, but you've got a better chance of becoming one if you goto oxbridge, durham, LSE etc.

I am 23 years old and am doing 2 A-levels in one year in nightclass. I have three years good work experience two of which doing medical sales to top surgeons. I romped a top "A" in one As (90/100 90/100 95/100 in three papers) and got some good marks in my coursework for the other course.

Hopefully I shall get some pretty good ones :smile:.

Latest

Trending

Trending