The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath official representative

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

Chris here, a first year Computer Science student - just to let you know, the Bath student representatives are available to answer your questions on here if you have any!

Especially now we are getting towards the general UCAS deadline on 15th January! :eek:

Reply below if you have any queries!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
hi
I've firmed my place for physics at Bath and was wondering how I go about applying for a sports scholarship given I currently compete internationally?
thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,I have applied for MSc management for 2016 Sept intake since mid Dec 2015. I have not heard any news from the uni since then. Should I be worried? How long does it takes to get a decision from the uni normally? Pls, give me advice what I sh do. Thanks a lot!!!
Hi
Well basically, there may have been a mistake on UCAS applicationwhere instead of my target being an A*, it may be an A.
When asked by email, Imperial said they rejected me for this reason.
Now the requirement for chem eng is A*AA with the A* being in Chem or Maths.
My Chem predicted is an A* but I was wondering how much of an impact the maths predicted grade will have and if it will play a part in my probable rejection.

Thank you for reading!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Congratulations on the offer. I believe that all the information on the sports scholarships are on this website. I hope that helps.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Rob
2nd year civil engineer

Original post by Dontknowhy
hi
I've firmed my place for physics at Bath and was wondering how I go about applying for a sports scholarship given I currently compete internationally?
thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still waiting for a response, I understand how difficult it can be waiting to hear back from universities. The UCAS deadline for offers is the 5th May, so there is still plenty of time to hear back from the university! It may not be related but it is exam season so lectures are pretty busy marking papers.

Good luck,

Rob

Original post by Gwen San NSDK
Hi,I have applied for MSc management for 2016 Sept intake since mid Dec 2015. I have not heard any news from the uni since then. Should I be worried? How long does it takes to get a decision from the uni normally? Pls, give me advice what I sh do. Thanks a lot!!!
Hi,

I'm Rob, a second year civil engineer.

I fully appreciate your question but I can't directly answer it. There are lots of things that impact the selection decision, including grades, personal statement, work experience and the caliber of other applications. I simply couldn't comment on the likelihood that you will/ won't get a grade.

If you have specific questions about your application then my suggestion would be to contact the admissions department on: [email protected] and they will be able to help far better than I can.

Best of luck and sorry I haven't really been much help,

Rob

Original post by ImNervous
Hi
Well basically, there may have been a mistake on UCAS applicationwhere instead of my target being an A*, it may be an A.
When asked by email, Imperial said they rejected me for this reason.
Now the requirement for chem eng is A*AA with the A* being in Chem or Maths.
My Chem predicted is an A* but I was wondering how much of an impact the maths predicted grade will have and if it will play a part in my probable rejection.

Thank you for reading!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I'm Rob, a second year civil engineer.

I fully appreciate your question but I can't directly answer it. There are lots of things that impact the selection decision, including grades, personal statement, work experience and the caliber of other applications. I simply couldn't comment on the likelihood that you will/ won't get a grade.

If you have specific questions about your application then my suggestion would be to contact the admissions department on: [email protected] and they will be able to help far better than I can.

Best of luck and sorry I haven't really been much help,

Rob

Thank you very much Rob. I will contact them. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but is there an accommodation thread ?
Hi Charlotte,

I don't believe that there is a specific accommodation thread, but feel free to ask/discus on here. This page is monitored by 4 student ambassadors and between us we will have had experience of probably all the accommodation.

Rob

Original post by Charlotte_Simm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but is there an accommodation thread ?
Original post by Gwen San NSDK

I also applied for that course in mid December and i'm still waiting for a response! Let me know if you hear anything :smile:
Original post by elizabetht96
I also applied for that course in mid December and i'm still waiting for a response! Let me know if you hear anything :smile:

Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student here at Bath, so I can remember the wait very well.

If you have applied for a competitive course then it is likely that the university will receive a high volume of applications for the course. Processing all these applications takes time, and the university may make offers to applicants in batches in order to invite equal numbers of applicants to each department open day.

It is difficult for universities to anticipate how many applications they will receive for each course, and the number received at the start of the cycle is not always a reliable indication of how many they will receive later on. Therefore, in order to ensure equal consideration of all applications, universities will sometimes wait until after the 15 January UCAS deadline to make decisions on applications for more competitive courses.

I cannot comment on the likelihood of an offer, but what I can say is that applications are treated holistically.

Hope this helps!

Chris
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, so sorry if it isn't!

I've always wanted to go to Bath Uni and my ultimate goal is to do a Maths degree, and I was wondering about the entry requirements. I'm taking Maths, History, Politics and English Literature at AS but I've discovered the rising need for Further Maths to take this course.

Would I be able to get in if I take AS Further Maths next year in A2? What else would I have to do to be considered? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Babs Posh
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, so sorry if it isn't!

I've always wanted to go to Bath Uni and my ultimate goal is to do a Maths degree, and I was wondering about the entry requirements. I'm taking Maths, History, Politics and English Literature at AS but I've discovered the rising need for Further Maths to take this course.

Would I be able to get in if I take AS Further Maths next year in A2? What else would I have to do to be considered? Thanks :smile:

Hi,

Thank you for your message, I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath. Please take a look at our entry requirements here. If you are not taking further maths, we ask for a second quantitative subject (preferably physics), so I would assume that more is required. It may be worth emailing our admissions team at [email protected] to clarify your subject choice however. The best way of overcoming this would in my opinion be to take AS level further maths, again though, I do not work in admissions so it would be best to clarify any uncertainty with them.

Please note that you also have to take the STEP exams to get into the University of Bath, my friends who took the exam found it very difficult. I would suggest that you start preparing for it as soon as possible!

Hayden
Hi
I've been looking at he accommodation and not really sure which one to go for. Which rooms would you recommend? Could you say what you liked/disliked about the rooms you had in the first year.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CSLady
Hi
I've been looking at he accommodation and not really sure which one to go for. Which rooms would you recommend? Could you say what you liked/disliked about the rooms you had in the first year.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

JOIN: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3925277
SEE: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3905183

Which ones are you actually considering so far?

I was looking at Eastwood Northwood and the malbourgh Salisbury (not sure if spelt right) ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CSLady
I was looking at Eastwood Northwood and the malbourgh Salisbury (not sure if spelt right) ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's between Eastwood and Norwood for me; Marlborough and Solsbury Court is too expensive for my liking, and only the posh folk need en-suite. It goes against the fundamental essence of university.
Are you taking out a loan for your maintenance costs?
Original post by Bath_Student
It's between Eastwood and Norwood for me; Marlborough and Solsbury Court is too expensive for my liking, and only the posh folk need en-suite. It goes against the fundamental essence of university.
Are you taking out a loan for your maintenance costs?

I am more pulled by the fact there are 7-8 people per flat rather than the 22 in Eastwood. Definitely taking out a loan. Would be mad not too.
Original post by CSLady
I am more pulled by the fact there are 7-8 people per flat rather than the 22 in Eastwood. Definitely taking out a loan. Would be mad not too.

Where are you getting that figure from? My man @SeanFM says there were 11 to his Eastwood block, the website states 11-13 (Source: http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/campus/eastwood/index.html)

22 is inhumane.

If you're taking out a loan, why not indulge and go for Woodland Court..?

Quick Reply

Latest