Greenhound
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just had an ICT exam and I just couldn't think of an answer for this question...

"Explain why the copyright law benefits 'gamers'"

How does it benefit gamers at all?
bobbricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you sure It wasn't game developers? Maybe it affects gamers since it ensures that all the content in the game has not been illegally obtained so they cannot be prosecuted...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Greenhound
Rep:
?
That's the piracy act, not copyright.
sneakbo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Greenhound)
Just had an ICT exam and I just couldn't think of an answer for this question...

"Explain why the copyright law benefits 'gamers'"

How does it benefit gamers at all?
Stupid question. I did this exam today as well; i just used common sense and said it benefits gamers because if people were to illegally burn and distribute games the company that sells them could go out of business. Obviously that means the gamers wouldn't be able to obtain official games from the company anymore if they stop selling games. Then I said something like it benefits them because it also prevents them getting into the illegal practice of copying and illegally distributing games.
Greenhound
Rep:
?
(Original post by sneakbo2)
Stupid question. I did this exam today as well; i just used common sense and said it benefits gamers because if people were to illegally burn and distribute games the company that sells them could go out of business. Obviously that means the gamers wouldn't be able to obtain official games from the company anymore if they stop selling games. Then I said something like it benefits them because it also prevents them getting into the illegal practice of copying and illegally distributing games.

That's not under the copyright law. That's piracy law.

Sometimes I think exam boards aren't thinking when they write the questions.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could possibly argue that, by preventing piracy, it makes it easier for game developers to stay in business and in turn encourages more people to go into game development, in turn increasing the number and quality of games being released?
Greenhound
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
You could possibly argue that, by preventing piracy, it makes it easier for game developers to stay in business and in turn encourages more people to go into game development, in turn increasing the number and quality of games being released?
Please read the rest of the thread.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Please read the rest of the thread.
Oops, I didn't write what I meant to write. I meant by preventing game ideas from being stolen, not by preventing piracy.
sneakbo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's not under the copyright law. That's piracy law.

Sometimes I think exam boards aren't thinking when they write the questions.
No, copyright is to do with copying. If there was no copyright people would regularly copy things and redistribute, you're overthinking it. What other answer is there? Copyright prevents piracy, so that is the answer.
harry10arnold10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
maccers
alfredopeg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sneakbo2)

shut up u fag
alfredopeg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by harry10arnold10)
maccers
i agree maccers for life
alfredopeg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chlorophile)
Oops, I didn't write what I meant to write. I meant by preventing game ideas from being stolen, not by preventing piracy.
shut up chlorophile you virgin fag. im the best at ict and ur wrong
Amanj123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wdym
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
56.61%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise