For the old members Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I joined it was a lot more academic with just a bit of light banter however things have changed beyond recognition not for the good i might add.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Thats why so many of us joined!

And also due to ickle katy - she wanted people to register because she was nosey and wanted to know who everyone was!

it used to do my head in...if 2 unregiestairsed were arguing....unregistaired would say "yes" and unregistaired would say "no" and i couldnt tell if it was the same person just trying to confuse me....

love Katy ***
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
perhaps all the oldies should form a clique and stick together?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
perhaps all the oldies should form a clique and stick together?
i think we quite often do.

lou xxx
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i think we quite often do.

lou xxx
indeed, i was thinking more officialy, but i will leave it at that, as every time i have an idea for a group, people get angry.
bono_3
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I can never imagine people joking on this site, it all seems too serious these days. Maybe its just me.
You hit the nail on the head there trade.

Funny thing is (excuse the pun), the funnier you are, or the more "jokey" you are, the more you are slated.

I think that says a lot.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono_3)
Funny thing is (excuse the pun), the funnier you are, or the more "jokey" you are, the more you are slated.
I don't see where that comes from. No one slates me or Whitey or piginapoke for example...
bono_3
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
I don't see where that comes from. No one slates me or Whitey or piginapoke for example...
^mjg^?

Please, he is by miles the funniest person that has ever visited this forum - Nobody could make people (with a sense of humour) laugh as much as he did.

How on earth anyone can criticize him (unless he was nasty to them) is beyond me.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I remember that. One sec, I think I've got the link for the P3 thread somewhere.
Found the P3 thread, finally!!!

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=7636

Brings back old memories that does.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono_3)
^mjg^?
Trouble is, no one laughs with mjg. He hardly intends to be funny, and he doesn't get slated for being funny.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
it used to do my head in...if 2 unregiestairsed were arguing....unregistaired would say "yes" and unregistaired would say "no" and i couldnt tell if it was the same person just trying to confuse me....

love Katy ***
Yeah, if you try and answer an unregistered person's post, you never know who you are talking to-bugging.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yeah, if you try and answer an unregistered person's post, you never know who you are talking to-bugging.
it did get annoying.

i miss the chatroom- even if that was fairly recent.

oh, and no1 ever had any rep or gave it and it went without mention. and we didn't know who d was and katy started the thread 'to mr forum person' which is how he got his name. and we all had personalised names, but that went and only the privelaged few got to keep theirs.

lou xxx
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
xenon, what is that whole thread about?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm glad that a 'old' thread won the best thread award, its such a good one.
Pencil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
I'm glad that a 'old' thread won the best thread award, its such a good one.
Which thread was that?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
xenon, what is that whole thread about?
There was an absolutely awful P3 maths exam last year, which many people found totally difficult, tougher than any past papers we had tried. So this was a thread to let out our anger at the awful exam and at edexcel. It was brilliant to know that pthers out there felt the same way about the exam as you did. The funny thing was that if people said they'd ound the exam easy, we'd round up on them. There was this annoying guy who said that he was a teacher at a college in which most of his pupils thought they'd absolutely aced the exam and found it really easy or something. Boy did he get slated for his comments!
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
it did get annoying.

i miss the chatroom- even if that was fairly recent.

oh, and no1 ever had any rep or gave it and it went without mention. and we didn't know who d was and katy started the thread 'to mr forum person' which is how he got his name. and we all had personalised names, but that went and only the privelaged few got to keep theirs.

lou xxx

...back in the days when d wasnt a compleet git.......oh did i say that outloud...***watches as post dissapears***

love Katy ***
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
Which thread was that?
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=10279

classic!
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bet I was here ( but not registered) lonnnng before you guys, back in 2001!!!

My first post here as "coolchick" http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=2419 on 13-11-2001.... now that is really old!

It was me and a guy called Neil Monk (I still talk to him) who were on here a lot when it was part of the uk.education.gcse+standard newsgroup....
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think I posted as an unregistered on the P3 thread. ***** of an exam.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%