Tunjii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have an interview at sports direct next week Tuesday. The problem is I've never had a job interview, can anyone give me any tips? I also have school next Tuesday which is a slight problem but I don't have school until the afternoon, would it e okay if I went to the interview in my uniform? (I am year 11 by the way and I finish school next Thursday)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hopefully shouldn't be a problem but idk how strict your school is
Best thing is to wear something smart casual and during the interview keep up a smile and eye contact and try to show some enthusiasm !

Posted from TSR Mobile
MalteseMalteser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tunjii)
I have an interview at sports direct next week Tuesday. The problem is I've never had a job interview, can anyone give me any tips? I also have school next Tuesday which is a slight problem but I don't have school until the afternoon, would it e okay if I went to the interview in my uniform? (I am year 11 by the way and I finish school next Thursday)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not go into the store and ask the manager? I currently work there and turned up in a full blown suit and tie (first interview and everything) but I know a lot of people who went dressed informally or with just smart trousers and a smart shift who got given jobs. So maybe just change out of your school shirt and into a different shirt?

As for any tips, just be yourself, relax, be approachable and wear a smile on your face. They won't give you a grilling, after all it's your choice to find out more about them as well as their opportunity to find out more about you. They'll probably ask you how you'd sell a KPI such as a bag for life or an insole, so just tell them that you'd say all the benefits of the item and if it's an insole, get the customer to try it on. Just little things like that.

Best of luck to you, and if you have anymore questions just PM me or quote me in on here
Tunjii
Rep:
?
Thank you for the responses, what is it like to work at sports direct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tunjii
Rep:
?
The interview slots are all booked up, what happens now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Be confident and calm
I currently work there, and they asked me why do I want to work there and asked me about myself, etc
I let my nerves get to me and I kept saying 'um' but the manager sensed it and was nice about it and I thought I messed the interview up, but they seemed to like me enough to hire me !
I would go into the store and ask the manager about wearing your uniform.
Best of luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tunjii
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohhello92x)
Be confident and calm
I currently work there, and they asked me why do I want to work there and asked me about myself, etc
I let my nerves get to me and I kept saying 'um' but the manager sensed it and was nice about it and I thought I messed the interview up, but they seemed to like me enough to hire me !
I would go into the store and ask the manager about wearing your uniform.
Best of luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the help I'm not sure web my interview is now because all of the slots are taken

Posted from TSR Mobile
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for the responses, what is it like to work at sports direct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's....interesting.

It has its good days and its bad days, it's fairly competitive and there are a lot of silly rules. Pay isn't great, anything but good really but it's still money at the end of the day and you have the opportunity to get a little bit more money in via selling KPI's.

Personally I like it, it can be very simplistic, but on days when it gets busy a lot of people start complaining about how stressful it is.
ohhello92x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for the help I'm not sure web my interview is now because all of the slots are taken

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your welcome
Aww bless
You could go in and see if they have the list of people they're going to be interviewing or something..
ohhello92x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MalteseMalteser)
It's....interesting.

It has its good days and its bad days, it's fairly competitive and there are a lot of silly rules. Pay isn't great, anything but good really but it's still money at the end of the day and you have the opportunity to get a little bit more money in via selling KPI's.

Personally I like it, it can be very simplistic, but on days when it gets busy a lot of people start complaining about how stressful it is.
Agree with you there.
I find KPI's more stressful aha :K:
Plus I have to work all weekend now, and the weather's been really nice lately as well.
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Agree with you there.
I find KPI's more stressful aha :K:
Plus I have to work all weekend now, and the weather's been really nice lately as well.
I've had a pretty good run on KPI's so far - sold a £60 Karrimor wall shoe, a pair of Karrimor socks AND a big bag for life all in one transaction yesterday - WIN!
Sucks about the weather though - I've got work this weekend and I have exams Monday and Tuesday
ohhello92x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've had a pretty good run on KPI's so far - sold a £60 Karrimor wall shoe, a pair of Karrimor socks AND a big bag for life all in one transaction yesterday - WIN!
Sucks about the weather though - I've got work this weekend and I have exams Monday and Tuesday
Well done
Yeah, plus during the week I've been in college and placement, but Wednesday's at college are a half day now and Thursday's and Friday's are half day at placement so I haven't been enjoying the weather properly !
Aww I've already had an exam and that's the only one so I'm all good apart from the fact I need to do coursework /: good luck for Monday&Tuesday though

Posted from TSR Mobile
collinl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi

I am new to this forum.

I have a school direct (salaried interview) next week for English, secondary school level and would really like some help.

I have an interview, group interview/discussion, written test (part of GCSE English paper) and I have to teach a lesson on poetry to top set year 8 for 25 minutes.

Has anyone else had an interview day like this? I really want to know what the group discussion will be like as well as the GCSE paper. I have looked as past papers and assuming it will be english language, text comparision, write a newspaper article etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

MoonGazer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Perhaps it would be best if you start your own thread, collinl, as this thread is abouts Sports Direct, not school direct .
momomo123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol school direct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kylieeexo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Been working at sports direct for a year and have till Monday to complete some Nike sku quiz? Anybody else working there have to do this? I don't understand how to use the site as it isn't working properly.. Any help on what to go on and how to get to it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kylieeexo)
Been working at sports direct for a year and have till Monday to complete some Nike sku quiz? Anybody else working there have to do this? I don't understand how to use the site as it isn't working properly.. Any help on what to go on and how to get to it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have completed the majority of NikeSKU, although it's not compulsory for us, nor is there a set time limit.

go to www.niksu.com or something like that, then when you find something that looks familiar, PM me and I'll tell you how to log in (as if I told you now, anyone could realistically do it )
ohhello92x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have completed the majority of NikeSKU, although it's not compulsory for us, nor is there a set time limit.

go to www.niksu.com or something like that, then when you find something that looks familiar, PM me and I'll tell you how to log in (as if I told you now, anyone could realistically do it )
I've only done one quiz on there so far have no idea if it's compulsory for everyone at the store I'm at :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've only done one quiz on there so far have no idea if it's compulsory for everyone at the store I'm at :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
For us it's just like a 'if you want to do it to further your knowledge and therefore apply it to sales, therefore getting more Nike sales through, then go ahead. If not then it won't infringe you at all'. I've 100% most quizzes, still got to attempt a lot of stuff on the womens section of the quiz but I've done all of football, majority of the Nike essentials, and the majority, if not all of, the running
kylieeexo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My store manager has said all cast staff have to do it or he'll cut our hours and it'll go into investigation.. Which is stupid as I don't even do shoes.. I know how to log on and that but when I do this comes up! Noticed my profile and most of the top toolbar has disappeared :s I've got work today anyways so think ill ask them and get them to show me.. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370751972.761630.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  124.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed