?
Report 15 years ago
I'd also be interested to know this!!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have some friends there (yes, hahaha "I have a friend in Jesus"). Seems quite nice, although their formal hall was absolute carnage when we were there (food was ok though )
koalapiyo
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I have some friends there (yes, hahaha "I have a friend in Jesus"). Seems quite nice, although their formal hall was absolute carnage when we were there (food was ok though )

nice one! hehe

(this sounds sad i know, but i actually do believe in jesus and yeah, he's a good friend indeed :P)

why was the formal absolute carnage?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by koalapiyo)
nice one! hehe

(this sounds sad i know, but i actually do believe in jesus and yeah, he's a good friend indeed :P)

why was the formal absolute carnage?
Lol, I know that too - but it's still funny whenever anyone says it!

Formal - well, it's much bigger than Clare's, everyone was really crammed in. I think there were at least 2 birthday parties there, and people were getting very drunk. They were very noisy and afterwards getting out was absolute chaos. Lots of people throwing up in the toilets, which is just not nice. I enjoyed it, and the food was good, but the sheer scale of it and number of drunk people was somewhat intimidating.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have friends in the society of Jesus

They are special because they get to put SJ after their names because they are Jesus' Super friends innit
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I have friends in the society of Jesus

They are special because they get to put SJ after their names because they are Jesus' Super friends innit
Is this some weird Catholicy-Jesuit cult thing? Not to generalise or anything.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is this some weird Catholicy-Jesuit cult thing? Not to generalise or anything.

YEs, if you have SJ (society of Jesus) after your name your a Jesuit priest.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
YEs, if you have SJ (society of Jesus) after your name your a Jesuit priest.
Hurrah.

My ambition is to get more letters after my name than I have in it
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hurrah.

My ambition is to get more letters after my name than I have in it
Do you get PHD after your name when your a doctor or do you just get to put Dr? Or even better, both
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you get PHD after your name when your a doctor or do you just get to put Dr? Or even better, both
No, you're not a PhD when you become a medical doctor. You get to put MB/BChir after your name (at Cambridge - other unis have slightly different names for their degrees) as well as the Cambridge BA. My name has 11 letters, not counting my middle name, so I only need 3 more after that lot!
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
everyone was really crammed in.
Aye, when I last went to Jesus formal I felt like a sardine, I had to time my eating with the two ladies either side of me because they were overlapping my shoulders and should I have lunged forward towards my food at an inopportune moment I would have splated them straight into theirs. Benches too, not civilised .

I also got totally hammered, and what was all that applauding when the fellows had all left, how odd.

Alaric.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Benches too, not civilised .

I also got totally hammered, and what was all that applauding when the fellows had all left, how odd.

Alaric.
I know, benches are such a pain in the arse when you're wearing a skirt. They have them at Tit Hall and Peterhouse too :mad:

I was being good and not drinking at Jesus, but a lot of people were, and then after the fellows had left (and all the applause that follows :confused: ) and the birthday people started making speeches, they announced that "Clare Cellars is the place to be now." Great. :rolleyes:

Only formal I got bladdered at this term was Peterhouse.
Amrad
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Canteen food is decent, grounds are nice, kitchen facilities are poor. Bar is awful.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amrad)
grounds are nice
The grounds are lethal, I slipped and fell over a hedge. My friends think I ran into a wall. Anyhow, I sprained my ankle. Lethal I tell you.

I wasn't that drunk, obviously :rolleyes:.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads