The Official 2013-14 BPTC Students Thread Watch

SIE2013
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey people.... I thought I would start a thread dedicated to the up-and-coming BPTC students who are due to start the course this September 2013, where we can all discuss matters, share our fears & stress and just generally talk about our experiences

Just to introduce myself, i have just graduated and I am going to be doing the BPTC at Nottingham Law School

I hope this thread is a good idea haha
andymt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just prepare for boredom, and the constant feeling of wasted money.

EDIT: oh actually I see you're doing it up North. Probably a bit better value for money to be fair.
petite_chaperon_rose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hello! Anyone for the City Law School ?
petite_chaperon_rose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SevenAteNine)
Hey there!

City Law School 2013-2014.
have you already joined the concurrent facebook page?
SIE2013
Rep:
?
Just spotted a Facebook group for Nottingham Law School, titled "NLS BPTC 2013-14". Only has two members in thus so far though.
edmond1992
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello! Anyone for Kaplan Law School??
SIE2013
Rep:
?
How's everyone feeling about the BPTC; nervous, excited ? I hear a lot a things about the work load, namely that its a nightmare! Nonetheless, can't wait to start it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
edmond1992
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm excited and looking forward to it, but dreading the work load! At least we get 1/2 days a week where there isn't teaching to get up to speed
Xanyi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
BPP Manchester - I hear there's only 48 of us so would be nice to hear from anyone else!
jimmy1234321
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not too far off - BPTC MMU
SIE2013
Rep:
?
This thread looks pretty quiet, i'm sure the majority are worrying & focusing about pupillage as of yet,but in August time i'm sure we will get more posts haha
LawGal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm extremely nervous. The course comes with a health warning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
SIE2013
Rep:
?
(Original post by LawGal007)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where abouts are you studying it? I agree, looks very scary especially full-time. I think it's going to be a massive challenge. But still, I feel a sense of excitement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LawGal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Originally Posted by LawGal007

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where abouts are you studying it? I agree, looks very scary especially full-time. I think it's going to be a massive challenge. But still, I feel a sense of excitement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of Law. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr Lovendra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello everyone. From Bristol Institute, think im the only one from there here

Got a quick question: Can we start the BPTC with a prospective student visa?
HarveySpecter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All I will say is don't be disheartened by the workload. Yes it is a lot of work, this year I probably studied at least 6-7 days a week totalling 60 hours. But look at the end goal, hopefully it's worth it for all of you!

Also, if anybody requires help/notes feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help
HarveySpecter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also a little tip, brush up on the basics in contract and negligence law since that seems to pop up in opinion writing and drafting
SIE2013
Rep:
?
(Original post by LawGal007)

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of Law. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nottingham Law School for me
SIE2013
Rep:
?
(Original post by HarveySpecter)
All I will say is don't be disheartened by the workload. Yes it is a lot of work, this year I probably studied at least 6-7 days a week totalling 60 hours. But look at the end goal, hopefully it's worth it for all of you!

Also, if anybody requires help/notes feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help
Thanks a lot, that is really helpful, i'm sure i will end up pm'ing you haha. Everyone literally tells me that the course really is a nightmare & dull, but i do not wish to believe that this is the case!
HarveySpecter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SIE2013)
Thanks a lot, that is really helpful, i'm sure i will end up pm'ing you haha. Everyone literally tells me that the course really is a nightmare & dull, but i do not wish to believe that this is the case!
Hey!

No worries, the criminal and civil lit is extremely boring, it's just memorising the white book and criminal procedures.

Advocacy/ADR on the other hand extremely fun. But the providers try to reflect the 'chambers lifestyle' by giving you a lot of reading/work, so you won't have much time to relax.

I'd normally finish class around 1 and would have to start prep for the next day around 3-4 all the way until about 10-11 in the evening. But I tried to take a day off in the week which isn't always possible.

Best of luck with it all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads