wilsonab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi I study from home (distant learning) and I'm confused about the project. I'm wanting to start asap as I don't have the extra help student do that attend school. Do you actually create the project or is it the paperwork ad design you do, like the systems life cycle? Because I was wanting to create an educational software for kids but have it web based like things such as 'bitesize' with tests/quizzes and a database to calculate progress. Would I actually create the website and the information to go with it? Thanks in advance :-)
wilsonab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone?
Neon-Soldier32
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One thread is enough.

The main emphasis is on the paperwork, but there are 15 marks available for the software itself. I wouldn't recommend doing a website - I mean, you could get in touch with OCR (phone them up) and ask - but no one did that in my class.

My advice for the project is keep it simple. Seriously. The more complex your program, the more complex your testing and the more work for you.

My project was where you could store information on students: Their name, school and telephone number. You could then search for students, delete them and edit their information. That is it.

Whatever program you do I'd say it has to include;
- A storage facility i.e. storing children's scores on tests that is accessible when closing and reopening the file
- A way of deleting and editing that data
- A way of backing up and restoring the file used to store data
- A way of printing off data (the code to print all is easy, peasy.)

You would need to create the data used in your program so keep it simple.

For example, you could create a program where you add certain students and then the used can input their test score percentages and then you could have some functionality for calculating statistics on those numbers; saying whether it's an A* etc.

Let me re iterate: The emphasis is not on the program. It is on being able to follow the systems development life cycle, following the steps to create a program.

Make sure you have an end user who you gather lots of evidence of you staying in contact with him. Also, when creating your program you need to document this. For example, print screen you writing code and then alpha testing it.

If you Google F454 then a link to a PDF on Hartismere school will show up, download that and use it for guidence, it's good!

(And I know what I'm talking about, my coursework this year was an A - >70 marks!)
sanatabassum2015
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Neon-Soldier32)
One thread is enough.

The main emphasis is on the paperwork, but there are 15 marks available for the software itself. I wouldn't recommend doing a website - I mean, you could get in touch with OCR (phone them up) and ask - but no one did that in my class.

My advice for the project is keep it simple. Seriously. The more complex your program, the more complex your testing and the more work for you.

My project was where you could store information on students: Their name, school and telephone number. You could then search for students, delete them and edit their information. That is it.

Whatever program you do I'd say it has to include;
- A storage facility i.e. storing children's scores on tests that is accessible when closing and reopening the file
- A way of deleting and editing that data
- A way of backing up and restoring the file used to store data
- A way of printing off data (the code to print all is easy, peasy.)

You would need to create the data used in your program so keep it simple.

For example, you could create a program where you add certain students and then the used can input their test score percentages and then you could have some functionality for calculating statistics on those numbers; saying whether it's an A* etc.

Let me re iterate: The emphasis is not on the program. It is on being able to follow the systems development life cycle, following the steps to create a program.

Make sure you have an end user who you gather lots of evidence of you staying in contact with him. Also, when creating your program you need to document this. For example, print screen you writing code and then alpha testing it.

If you Google F454 then a link to a PDF on Hartismere school will show up, download that and use it for guidence, it's good!

(And I know what I'm talking about, my coursework this year was an A - >70 marks!)
Hi I was wondering whether you have that PDF saved? The link on the Hartismere school has denied access and I can't find any other exemplars online.
AnonymousCat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sanatabassum2015)
Hi I was wondering whether you have that PDF saved? The link on the Hartismere school has denied access and I can't find any other exemplars online.
http://www.hartismere.com/x/?m=waiter&p=4GMASQXTUV3.pdf
kamalkjones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is so helpful. Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.38%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (97)
27.64%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (134)
38.18%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.13%

Watched Threads